Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card (3986 Views)

My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport / Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by Yink99(m): 1:50am On Jan 27, 2010
Please has anyone gone inside Emirates office in V.I to pay for a ticket using a credit card? Holding an American credit card, I was turned away. The reservation was priced in Dollars. The agent said they have never accepted cards. But 3 private travel agents claim they should have accepted it.
Will the airport accept my credit card to pay for the ticket?
Re: Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by Vicjustice: 2:10am On Jan 27, 2010
Yink99:

Please has anyone gone inside Emirates office in V.I to pay for a ticket using a credit card? Holding an American credit card, I was turned away. The reservation was priced in Dollars. The agent said they have never accepted cards. But 3 private travel agents claim they should have accepted it.
Will the airport accept my credit card to pay for the ticket?
   But if you have credit card, why don't you log on to their website and have the ticket booked by yourself, I don't have business with travel agents, i book every of my trip myself (with my credit card) and i find best offers; or is there something i'm missing?
Re: Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by Yink99(m): 2:55am On Jan 27, 2010
yes. Sad to say if you are flying out of nigeria with emirates, you cannot use credit card online. They say due to fraudsters. We have given ourselves a bad name when it comes to using credit card to purchase emirates tickets. I'm just pointing out the conflicting info i am getting. I need to be able to use my credit card to pay for my booking
Re: Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by symbian03(m): 3:41am On Jan 27, 2010
Why not try klm? I think they still accept c.c for 9jerians
Re: Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by suxes2005(m): 11:33am On Jan 27, 2010
Well, if dey dnt accpet it at dia office
then look for anoda airline or rather
try klm n do it urself.

vicjustice said u can log on and pay thru dia website.
bt check if it is secured

SHALOM
Re: Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by Vicjustice: 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2010
Oh, sad news, Here's an update: There is a BAN on the use of all versions of credit or debit card issued in Nigeria as well as the use of any foreign credit card to purchase any outbound reservation from Nigeria, therefore, you can only use your credit card to purchase tickets of which the origin must be from outside Nigerian: For example, you can use your UK credit card to buy a return ticket from London to Lagos, but not from Lagos to London, and you can not use a Nigerian credit card to buy ticket for any route or destination whatsoever. this is the stance of Skyteam (which is an association of all major airliner in the world). sad
Re: Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by fikfik: 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
Is this ban still in effect? I'm trying to pay for excess luggage an none of my mastcard or visa are going through.
Re: Paying Emirates Airline Ticket Via Credit Card by gistcity(m): 2:23am On Nov 19, 2020
Emirates Airlines is one of the best airlines in the world

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Among Intelligent Cities In The World - Time Magazine / What Is Life Like Latvia? / South Africa: eVisa to Target 21-Million Tourists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.