Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,392 members, 7,812,154 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer (8330 Views)

How I Made $3,111.74 In 1 Month With My Blog Easily… / Get A Blog Wuth Professional Theme For Just 2k / Help On The Template A Blog Is Using pls webmaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2017
lofty900:
did you use the phone to design ur blog? How

Design was done through cybercafe.. But publishing post, sharing contents and other mini but important tasks are done on phone wink
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 26, 2017
Uncommonbreed:

Please how much does it cost to buy a domain and also to host?

If you're using the platform, you only need to pay for the domain name. Google will handle the hosting part for free
Domain name prices depends on the TLD extension you want
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 26, 2017
Clinton207:
Thanks for your insightful post... Pls how and what are the criteria for monitizing ones blog??

You can monetize your blog using Adsense but if you do not want to use Adsense, checkout this top 5 successful ways at http://www.netsocialblog.com/2017/04/5-ways-to-earn-without-adsense-blogging.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by pabostt: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2017
Tuham:

You can monetize your blog using Adsense but if you do not want to use Adsense, checkout this top 5 successful ways at http://www.netsocialblog.com/2017/04/5-ways-to-earn-without-adsense-blogging.html

Adsense process is a little bit rigorous and the blog must comply with webmaster policy
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2017
Tuham:

Design was done through cybercafe.. But publishing post, sharing contents and other mini but important tasks are done on phone wink
lolz u paid someone or u did it ursef?
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
Tuham:

If you're using the platform, you only need to pay for the domain name. Google will handle the hosting part for free
Domain name prices depends on the TLD extension you want

Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by wizkidblogger(f): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
Nothing is as good as using pc. Nice share though...
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by NaijaTechJuice(m): 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
For the past couple of months, I've been publishing posts from my phone,design my blog from my phone and many other things. I find it generally easy posting from my phone as posting on my computer is only necessary if I need to add some advanced modifications to my post.
There are a couple of Android apps that'll help you blog comfortably without having to use a computer.

1. Bloggeroid
This is a third-party blogger app but it's the best available on Playstore. It lets you place images in any part of your post easily unlike the official blogger app that places the image at the bottom of the post. You can also modify your posts with html tags and shortcodes as well.

2. Quoda
If you're looking for an app to redesign your blog,Quoda is the very best code editor. You can search for a particular line of code and modify as many things as you want easily. I've used it a couple of times in redesigning my blog. The current design on my blog was edited and arranged through Quoda but you have to be pretty good with HTML/XML to use it.

3. Your Email Client. (Gmail, AOL)
A Blogger always has to reply emails and that's where your Email comes in. You can easily reply emails from your smartphone without having to touch a computer. AOL mail adds a touch of professionalism to your emails. It requires you to create a separate email address. Unlike my Gmail address (naijatechguy@gmail.com), my AOL account is naijatechguy@technologist.com. It's looks quite professional and guess what? it's free.

4 . Puffin Browser
Puffin is one of the fastest and user friendly browsers on Google Play. One thing I love about the browser is its speed. It's ideal for blogging as it lets you view both the desktop version of your site and the mobile version. This will come in handy when you're designing your blog.

5. SwiftKey Keyboard
SwiftKey is one of the best keyboards on Google Play. It predicts the next text you'll write properly and it'll come in handy when you're writing blog posts. The fun part of it is that it'll take you less time to type with SwiftKey keyboard than other ones. So If you need swift posting. Use SwiftKey.

6. Pixabay
Pixabay is the hub of free images that are free from copyright. You can most load images for your blog post from the app and use it how you want as they are totally free to use on any blog or vlog

7. Picture Resizer
Sometimes you may get an image and it's size is almost 2MB and it'll not be ideal to post any image with such size. Although in most cases, Gzip compression helps to reduce the image size, you can still reduce it to how you want. It'll also help you reduce the size of your blog logo and set the dimensions
8. Social Media Apps
All your social media apps and its management tools should be in your device. Staying connected to your audience is the best thing to do for any serious minded blogger

Well, You are right on most of these. But bloggeroid is not quite effective for posting on blogs, especially if you want to add stuffs like jump breaks or want to edit a post from draft. It also has quirks when adding labels.

Puffin is a fast browser like you mentioned but it is not fluid and still needs alot of work if you want to use it mostly for publishing blog post.

You don't really need a third party app for picture resizing but if you require an all-in-app for photos, i suggest you go with Picsart.

I use My PC almost all the time to publish post on my blog http://naijatechjuice..com. But it is better to use a tablet in place of your smartphone.
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by SmartMugu: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
Tuham:

What if i told you I blog for more than 3 years before getting a Pc bro.. grin
Tell everyone how much u charge for wetin u dey try sell.
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
SmartMugu:
Tell everyone how much u charge for wetin u dey try sell.

dey try to sell? You mean getting a custom domain?
Re: How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2017
lofty900:
lolz u paid someone or u did it ursef?

Did it myself wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml / 10 Things To Know Before You Buy A Domain Name / Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.