Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria (521 Views)

Five Reasons Why No Christian Should Commit Sucide / China Shuts Down Christian Churches, Destroys Crosses, Burn Bibles / Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by uchemelvin20004: 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
A CHRISTIAN IS SOMEONE THAT DOES WHAT CHRIST DID WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH AND ALSO OBEYS THE COMMANDS HE GAVE.
JESUS NEVER COLLECTED TITHE BUT OUR CHURCHES COLLECT TITHE.
JESUS NEVER ASKED ANYBODY TO SOW SEED BEFORE HE/SHE WILL PROSPER BUT OUR CHURCHES DO THIS.
JESUS PAID TAX TO CEASER'S GOVT BUT OUR CHURCHES DON'T PAY TAX.
JESUS SAID FREELY YOU HAVE RECEIVED AND FREELY YOU SHALL GIVE BUT OUR CHURCHES SELL SPIRITUAL MATERIALS (HOLY WATER,APRONS{CHOSEN},PAMPHLETS).

BEFORE YOU BASH ME PLEASE DO SO WITH FACTS
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by Tellemall: 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hopefully you don't attend church?
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by obamabinladen(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
uchemelvin20004:
A CHRISTIAN IS SOMEONE THAT DOES WHAT CHRIST DID WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH AND ALSO OBEYS THE COMMANDS HE GAVE.
JESUS NEVER COLLECTED TITHE BUT OUR CHURCHES COLLECT TITHE.
JESUS NEVER ASKED ANYBODY TO SOW SEED BEFORE HE/SHE WILL PROSPER BUT OUR CHURCHES DO THIS.
JESUS PAID TAX TO CEASER'S GOVT BUT OUR CHURCHES DON'T PAY TAX.
JESUS SAID FREELY YOU HAVE RECEIVED AND FREELY YOU SHALL GIVE BUT OUR CHURCHES SELL SPIRITUAL MATERIALS (HOLY WATER,APRONS{CHOSEN},PAMPHLETS).

BEFORE YOU BASH ME PLEASE DO SO WITH FACTS

I will comment when you use scriptures to back up all the things you outlined there.
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by uchemelvin20004: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
Tellemall:
Hopefully you don't attend church?
I go once in a while this days because my prayers are always answered when I pray at home.
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by uchemelvin20004: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
obamabinladen:

I will comment when you use scriptures to back up all the things you outlined there.
Maybe you can prove me wrong with some facts from the scriptures
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by Tellemall: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
uchemelvin20004:
I go once in a while this days because my prayers are always answered when I pray at home.

Well, your claims in your initial post... You might want to back them up somehow.

It's your choice to go to church or not. You can't decide the Holiness of a congregation. Simply go to where you are best at peace. If the church isn't holy or good enough to be Christian it simply means the individuals like yourself aren't Christians. Have you considered teaching them all about true Christianity? Can you say you're the perfect Christian?
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by uchemelvin20004: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Tellemall:

Well, your claims in your initial post... You might want to back them up somehow.

It's your choice to go to church or not. You can't decide the Holiness of a congregation. Simply go to where you are best at peace. If the church isn't holy or good enough to be Christian it simply means the individuals like yourself aren't Christians. Have you considered teaching them all about true Christianity? Can you say you're the perfect Christian?
I'm a human being so I can't be perfect, all I'm saying is if truly we want to follow Jesus, is it not right that we follow his examples? In church when you read certain things from the Old Testament they'll tell you that old things have passed away but they forget that Tithe is also from the Old Testament and that one will never "pass away" because it's money. The point I'm trying to make is that churches are more like business ventures, it's all about the money...
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by Tellemall: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
uchemelvin20004:
I'm a human being so I can't be perfect, all I'm saying is if truly we want to follow Jesus, is it not right that we follow his examples? In church when you read certain things from the Old Testament they'll tell you that old things have passed away but they forget that Tithe is also from the Old Testament and that one will never "pass away" because it's money. The point I'm trying to make is that churches are more like business ventures, it's all about the money...

If you as an individual can't be perfect, as you've said, the church that is made up of individuals can't be perfect.

Any law/commandment not abolished by grace still stands.

In the synagogue where the widow dropped her mite, Jesus was there and didn't condemn the act of her giving, which he would've if tithes and offerings were wrong. Rather he commented on the quality of her giving.
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by Deicide: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2017
One funny Thing about Christianity is that it is either you are under the Law or you are Under Grace and Jesus, on the other hand, was about grace right? and paying of Tithe was under the law grin by this won't we say our Nigerian pastors are just too greedy?
Re: There Are No Christian Churches In Nigeria by NoWorries7(m): 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
Maybe... I don't know...

(1) (Reply)

Father Kills Daughter In Canada Because She Refused To Wear The Hijab(photos) / Turkey's Islamist Leader Seizes 50 More Churches(photos,videos) / Don Moen, Gospel Music Star Reported Dead Read More At: Http://www.vanguardngr.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.