Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Nightmare In Daylight - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nightmare In Daylight (505 Views)

LIVING NIGHTMARE(18+) / History Turns Nightmare As White Child Gets Set To Have Ebony Skin / Daylight Mysteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nightmare In Daylight by abtallest24(m): 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
Dedication 
I dedicate this work to baba God who butter my life like bread and cook my head so that i go fit sit down to reason this interesting story, infact baba God i dust my cap for you. 

I remember mumsy and popsy who worked relentlessly for the betterment of thier children, three gbosa for una.

For those of una wey go read this work and criticize and those wey no go criticize i love u all.
Prologue

Haqq comes from a family of seven whom all Reside in a small settlement in nagazi uvete kogi state, his life is full of complication by mere looking at haqq you will see the true definition of poverty. Although, haqq comes from a poor background he never stop dreaming and as the first child of the family he has a duty that cant be over emphasis.

One day things got from worse to worst his family can hardly feed and haqq in his final year at ABU zaria is always sad when ever he think about his family. and, he must find a way to help them out of this ugly predicament, but wen haqq taught he have been through alot neither did he know his problem are yet to unfold,... His biggest nightmare lies in the daylight.

Chapter 1 (coded savage ) 

After writing jamb 3times this useless school no wan give me admission and i dy always pass my jamb, ( haqq conversing with kareem his childhood friend who hate school with passion infact it took the intervention of angel Gabriel before this guy manage to complete his SS3)

Kareem: guy relax ur jaw nw when God's time come ur admission go shine face like thief man torch.. He said while he grin with his open teeth like kaduna express. 

Haqq: hmmm. This one wey u dy talk sense today u dn chop iya happiness  beans ba..haqq replied with a tone and smile dat define mockery

Kareem: as if u know, o boy d woman do me well today she full my plate 

Haqq: may b she loves u infact am happy for u (they both laugh like drunkard however, haqq cant stop thinking about the fact that he is yet to gain admission and that, his father have been frustrating him seriously.)

Haqq: o boy u no say na my papa dy give me sleepless night nw ba? 

Kareem: no b admission again nw na ur papa oya am all ears.

Haqq: my papa just dy fustrate me becos i no get admission, yesterday he came back from work and i greeted him he no even answer only for him to call me and started telling me that all his friends children have gained admission and he cant understand why my own case is different.

Kareem: did he also tell u that all u know how to do is to eat his food and sleep 

Haqq: (hug his friend in agreement  to the statement) i swear u b wintch how u take know?

Kareem: na wetn my papa sef dy tell me everyday b dat. so u see no b only u get problem, Nigerian fathers are like that and is because they want the best for u dats y they always do what dy did. 

Haqq: (sigh in relief knowing that he is not alone in the battle). 

Kareem: better go and prepare u no say today na our match between adavi united and net shakers. 

Haqq: o boy me wey i dn prepare since today na today we go kill net shakers 

Kareem: make we go my house from dia we go enter field. 

(Haqq went inside to get his soccer kits and they both zoom off in d same direction)

The next day

It is quarter past 9 in the morning and a raging voice has been trying to wake haqq from sleeping, 

Idiot...  Will u wake up before i give a dirty slap says mr salawu (let me introduce to u mr salawu who happens to be haqq father, he is a tall handsome strict man, he is very generous and hardworking, he b electrician  too.) 

Haqq: ( rubbing his eyes and yawning like a child who have not be fed ) good morning sir...he said in a tiny voice

Mr salawu: what is good about the morning? Some of ur mate are dressed for works and some are already in the lecture hall by nw and u are here telling me good morning at this hour of the day. (he raged like a lion ready to make meal out of a poor antelope)

Haqq: but daddy today is sunday nw who goes to lecture and works on sunday?

Mr salawu: shut up there, u remember today is sunday but u didn't remember to get admission.

Haqq: dad i always do well in my jamb exam and u no it the fault is not from me and beside the admission is still in progress, the second list will soon be out and if God is really the one that created me he will not forsake me. (haqq said with tears in his eyes i guess his words touched his father becos he didn't say anything again) 

Mrs aishat salawu comes back from the market and met haqq moody ( mrs aishat salawu is haqq mother a very beautiful woman and a full time house wife) 

Haqq: mum am sick and tired of this life daddy is always frustrating me just because i haven't gain admission 

Mrs aishat: son what doesn't kill u makes u stronger, ur dad is saying these things because he want the best for u but he is taking it too far and i will talk to him. 

Haqq: thanks mum i will build u a beautiful castle and buy u cars wen i become rich.

Mrs aishat: thats the spirit. but b d best for urself and thats good enough for me. i will prepare rice and stew just d way u want it 

Haqq: (smiling like a he goat who have just been gifted with fresh grass)  

(Mrs aishat makes haqq sunday wonderful despite mr salawu effort to make it a living hell)

the day slowly fade away and it is already monday morning.

Mr salawu: haqq make sure u wash my clothes and wash it very well (he dip his hand inside his pocket and gave him five hundred)

Haqq: i go wash am well (smiling at the five hundred naira his father gave him just hundred naira soap will do the job and the remaining change will secure a better yoghurt and anehe bread.... Mr salawu love giving tips wen he want something done,  so his children are not exceptional i guess dats the only good thing haqq loves about him.)

Haqq has washed the clothes they are not much and mrs aishat have prepared a spontaneous semo and egusi garnished with okporoko and pomo, fish and meat were not left out. Haqq eat the food with passion and reserve some for his friend kareem.

After a couple of minutes a knock greeted the door and haqq sister zuleihat a good looking teenager in her SS2 went to get the door however zuleihat was at home on Monday because it was teachers day. The door opened and it was kareem 

Zuleihat: bros i salute ooo

Kareem: u just dy fresh every day make i cum pay ur bride price before is too late

Zuleihat: e b like say u dn get small money wey dy shark u ba

Kareem: haba no b say i get money but i fit borrow, anything for u.

Haqq: curse follow u, na my sister u wan use borrowed money marry ba yeye man (he said jokingly) 

Kareem: my brother inlaw u dy fall my hand ooo (he teased back at haqq as they shake each other) 

Haqq: poor man like u come make i feed u before ur neck go escape ur head

Kareem: (dancing around like mad man with 10years of experience)  bros na me and u for dis life, me wey hungry dn finish 

Haqq: u no need to tell me see ur eyez dn enter inside (kareem was already devouring his food like no man's business) 

Car tyres screeches outside may be as a result of sharp match of break pad, could it b daddy ask haqq.  Go check nw replied kareem. Before haqq could reach the door sonebody has first him and to his surprise it was his father, he wanted to ask if there is a problem because it is just 2pm and mr salawu always comes back from work after 6, but the smile in his father face shows that it could only be good news and rather he asked, daddy u look excited whats the news?

Mr salawu: where is ur mother?

Haqq: she is inside let me call her (mummy mum shouted haqq) 

Mrs aishat: papa haqq what happen? 

Mr salawu: i just received a call from ozigi the man whom i beg to help me secure admission for haqq, that the second list is out and haqq name is among.

Haqqsad open his mouth in anticipation waiting to be sure if he is not dreaming) 

Mrs aishat hugged his son with happiness and the rest of the family were happy including Kareem 

Mr salawu: haqq didnt you check ur phone u are supposed to receive a message or check ur email

Haqq: (quickly rush to get his phone in his room which he abandoned because there is no subscription and to his surprise, the message that confirms his admission status is there, and if only he checked it on time he would have first his dad to break the news. but nevertheless, God has done it and haqq scream with joy.

Haqq: now wey i dn get admission i hope am no longer wasting food and those my dad friends wey dy use admission Intimidate my daddy infact daddy go and tell dem ur pikin dn get admission  the whole family bust into lafter and mr salawu the antagonist of haqq problem was antagonized in a coded way 

To be continued........

1 Like

Re: Nightmare In Daylight by abtallest24(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chapter 2 (total stranger)
Haqq is ready to go to school for his registration and if possible secure accomodation off camp since he want to stay alone.
The day he has been waiting for is here and words cannot explain how happy he is.
Kareem: my guy no go follow gals forget wetn carry u go school oooo (Kareem have been with haqq all through the day helping him with the arrangements)
Haqq: na guys u want make i follow ba wen i no b gay.... He replied in a voice that shows the gals are not safe
Kareem: i no say u no be womanizer like me but all those hausa gal dy sabi fine die even if u b saint u must commit
Haqq: (laughing in agreement to what Kareem have said) o boy na true ooo walahi some hausa gals dy fine sotay the water wey dem take bath i fit use am drink garri.
Kareem: nawa for u oooo
A voice is heard calling out to haqq it was mr salawu who was trying to confirm if haqq has got all he needs for the journey ahead.
Haqq: yes sir everything is ready
Mr salawu: what of ur documents hope u have packaged them make sure u dnt forget anything
Haqq: i have did all that and am good to go
Mr salawu: ok tommorow as early as 6am we should be at the park to catch the first bus so try and wake up early
Haqq: ye sir
Well the day seems like eternity for haqq because he cant wait for the golden tommorrow to come, and gradually it was already evening, the sun have slowly been swallowed by the unbright cloud, what seems to be day before have now been bashed by darkness and the moon taking it position giving the earth a small illumination of light, at least if nepa people no give us light the moon will not fail us.
Haqq couldnt sleep throughout the night he still cant believe that he will be going to school tomorrow, however if only nature can be cheated then man will become immortal, haqq has fallen into a deep slumber and snored his nose out.
Haqq wake up it is almost 6am already. (mrs aishat trying to wake haqq, he slept very late so what do u expect )
Mrs aishat: haqq wake up jor
Haqq: ummmm( turning around like a snake trying to escape death) mum good morning time dn go like dis?
Mrs aishat: no time never go e dy wait for u better go and bath make we dy go
Haqq quickly rush to the bathroom and as a sharp guy he was set before everybody else, his four siblings are already up to bid thier big bro farewell. Mrs aishat and mr salawu accompany haqq to the park.
The bus was almost full as there were alot of passengers going to zaria for one reason or the other, haqq got his ticket and his sit was third role far from the driver seat and he sat close to the window side.
Haqq mother has already left some words of wisdom for him, so he waved at his parents as the bus gradually set in motion.
The bus speed immidately as the tyres kisses the asphalt, haqq phone ringed and it was kareem calling.
Kareem: badoo hwfar u dn move ba?
Haqq: ma G i dy road ooo
Kareem: safe journey man i dn dy miss u sef
Haqq: eyaaah me too no worry i go buy zaria bread wen i dy come back.
Kareem: ( laughing to haqq statement) ok bro safe
Haqq: bye
They both cut the call, and just as haqq was trying to look around the bus to see the faces of people he is travelling with something enchanting caught his attention, gorgeous the hight of perfection in all of God's creation. Classy yet natural she will make any man fantasize in ecstasy, beautiful like arabian diamond, she is a goddess among us. This were haqq taught wen she saw this rare treasure but as a shy guy he will dare not speak to her.
Very fast the driver had did a great job they were in zaria already and they alight at the park where they will take taxi to thier various location. Haqq had been to zaria before wen he wrote post UME but he cant remember the direction cos it seems a little development had taken place, he ask the driver for direction to samaru in Abu zaria, just as the driver was giving haqq the direction a voice like angel echoed, behold it was the same girl whom he had crushed on while in the bus.
Gal: hello... She greeted haqq with a flash of smile
Haqq: hi beautiful (his heart already pounding like how mama iyabo pound fufu)
Gal: u are going to samaru right cos dats where am heading to
Haqq: yea i just got admission into Abu zaria to study mass comm.
Gal: wow me too dat means we are In d same department.
Haqq: (on hearing this he felt like to swim kanji dam but he manage to compose even though his white teeth is clearly visible.
Gal: how come u dont know road to samaru didnt u wrote post ume
Haqq: well i did, just dat am nt dat good in locating places easily, but thank God for bringing u along i know am in safe hands nw he said teasingly..
Gal: (she blushed with her dimple shape like apple)
Haqq: by the way whats ur name if u dnt mind.
Gal: am rahimat some people call me by my tribal name oyiza which means blessing
Haqq: i said it the moment i saw u in dat bus i know u are an angel ( oh no he shouldn't have say that)
Rahimat: have u been crushing on me.... She said looking at haqq seductively
Haqq: may b a little by d way am haqq
Rahimat: nice to meet u
Haqq: it is a privilege i will never forget.
(Incase u want to know all this conversation took place while they were waiting for taxi.)
Fast forward, they are already in samaru but is too late and they have to find where to sleep rahimat have a sister in zaria and they live in a very big apartment so she offered to allow haqq come sleep with them since they are from the same state and of the same tribe.
Haqq and rahimat just reached mrs halimat home the sister of rahimat, she is married to a banker and she is blessed with 3children two gals and a boy the house belong to her husband and there are alot of empty rooms there.
Both rahimat and haqq were welcomed warmly and each been taken to thier prospective rooms. Haqq was treated like a king there was cold in zaria he was served with warm water to take his bath with and later he was invited to his room and treated to spontaneous dish.
Next day
It is time to go do the registration in senate building inside samaru campus, the registration was stressful but with rahimat by his side all day, haqq has no reason to feel the stress infact he was enjoying it.
It took them 2days to finish everything and lecture have commenced immediately no time to waste trust ABU, haqq first day in the classroom brings alot of memory and he was happy meeting new faces and as a sharp guy he makes friends immidately with few guyz he met, the class was few though may be the rest are yet to resume he taught to himself...
Alot of beautiful gals everywhere but non compare to rahimat.. they are very close especially thier first day in class you will think they are couples and they both share the same seat.
Two month later....
Haqq is now jagaban of zaria he already rented his own apartment very close to the school with the help of mrs halimat same applies to rahimat she cant stay with her sister cos her place was very far from school infact it is so far that u will think u are going to heaven and things were going smoothly untill mr agada came along.
Mr agada is the lecturer who took tv and society as a course what makes him different from other lecturer? His love for women can only be measure with how Kareem loves iya happiness beans, this lecturer can do anything to sleep with any lady, well thank God haqq is not a gal so why should he have problem with mr agada?
Earlier haqq has gist kareem his friend about rahimat and how he feel for her and trust Kareem he had advice haqq to go for her before is too late, well after alot attempt haqq had summoned the courage to invite rahimat to his house and prepare for her a nice meal before he finally prophesied his love to her, you no naija babes dem go form first but she agreed to date haqq afterall they share a good chemistry together and haqq is handsome brilliant and a perfect gentle man, there relationship was so strong that everybody in mass comm department called them romeo and juliet all eyes who had witnessed thier love must envied including mr agada.
Okay wetn concern mr agada and relationship again?....well mr agada likes rahimat and he has several times make adavances to her but she keep rejecting and she told haqq about this but what can poor haqq do?... Soon first semester exam came knocking and the students were set to write thier first exam in Abu and haqq cant wait to travel back to kogi to visit his parents and siblings even though they do talk time to time but thats not enough and ofcourse what of Kareem his crazy friend no he must go to kogi by fire by force.
The exam was ongoing and haqq find all the paper easy cos he had read so hard and those who didn't read were found chewing thier pen like kola nut,.. soon the exam was over and haqq was preparing to go kogi but before he leave... he invited rahimat to his house and they talked about the exam and all that, but all of a sudden the mood have changed there was an electrifying connection between them like never before, both eyez gazing at each other like how i look at okporoko before i finally bite it,
Haqq-u are so beautiful..he said in an erotic voice.
Rahimat: thanks (from the way she said thanks u will know she is in the mood
The intensity of the sexual moment radiate they kissed with passion, haqq right hand stroll gently through her breast squeezing it upward and downward, haqq gently kiss rahima neck down to her chest region, she is so endowed with two pouted bosom that is already aroused by the erotic touch haqq is giving her, this time haqq had unbutton her cloth and her pink bra becomes visible, he removed the bra unveiling the milk jar, haqq didnt hesitate to feed his appetite with the fresh and undiluted boobs. kissing and sucking the tilts like back then wen he was a baby, damn!!!!...he must have really miss sucking boobs, well rahimat is a sharp gal also, he grab haqq balls scrubbing it gently, her hands now rigmarolling around haqq monstrous Joystick touching the tips to intensify the heat after a couple of hot romance, haqq laid her down gently, he open her leg to get access to the honey pot and his joystick penetrate and rahimat moan in pleasure, thier breath becomes one, heart beating untop heart, body and soul of two people now bond to become one, it was great sex dy have there and after about 3 round or more they were done and rahimat took her bath, dressed up and haqq see her off.
Haqq came back and was so happy couldn't believe he just had sex with a beautiful damsel wow Kareem must hear about this he arrange his thing and was set to leave the following day, his only taught was that going to kogi will be full of fun as there are enough gist for his friend and more respect from his father is guaranteed but will things work out as planned, haqq is about to witness the biggest shock of his life?
To be continue......
Re: Nightmare In Daylight by abtallest24(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
Chapter 3 (twist of fate)

It is a silent morning, Haqq had waken early to prepare for the journey back to kogi state, this time around he won’t be going back with rahimat. because, she is going to spend a couple of weeks with her aunty before deciding if to travel or not. so that left haqq with no choice.

He took taxi to the park and got himself a nice seat before he know it they are set to take off, the journey lasted for 7hours and by the time he reached his place it was already past 5pm. Two of his siblings lateef 7 and Mubarak 5 were the first to see him they scream in joy and rush forward to hug thier big bro. ‘the shout made by the siblings alerts mrs aishat who was in the kitchen that his son is back she quickly dashed out to greet haqq.

Mrs aishat: am so happy to see you look at how u lean haba u no dy chop food for dia

Haqq: haba mum i dy chop oooo but the stress is too much for dia… He said with a grin face by the way where is dad?

Mrs aishat: he just went out

Haqq: what of my sisters zuleihat and hadiza

Mrs aishat: they both went to islamiyya,…oya come make i give u food or do u want to take ur bath first

Haqq: make i chop first

In the evening around 7pm mr salawu returned and met haqq presence

Haqq: dad welcome

Mr salawu: my son good to see u how is school

Haqq: fine sir

Mr salawu: wow i hope the exam u wrote wasnt so difficult?

Haqq: no sir, i read hard and it wasnt difficult for me at all

Mr salawu: thats my boy

Haqq was happy it has been long since he chat with his father like this and the evening was a memorable one for all the families..
The next day…

Haqq woke up very early, he is now used to it due to the fact that he normally have lectures as early as 8am and mass comm students are large in numbers so in other to get front seat u have to be in school as early as 7am., he was the only one to be awake, other members of the family are still sleeping,… he taught of his friend kareem and wonder why his number is no longer going through for the past few days (may be thats why he couldn’t inform him that he will be in kogi shortly)
He decided to visit Kareem’s house after breakfast ,…soon all the family members are awake his siblings are almost running out of time for school so they were all rushing, mrs aishat was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast, after a couple of minutes breakfast was set and everyone ate the akara and pap prepared by mrs aishat, haqq siblings all left for school but something caught haqq to imagine why his dad is not up for work… He knows that his dad never goes to work late and on a good day he normally wokes up as early as five to pray and watch news then by 7am he is already dressed up but all these have changed and this changes begged for a question…

Haqq: dad aint you going to work today?

Mr salawu: (sigh heavily )…. I have been sacked and i no longer work

Haqq: what? (he was shocked at this breaking news) when did this happen?

Mr salawu: getting to a month now if am not mistaken

Haqq: why didnt u guys tell me? (his facial expression shows he is deeply touched)

Mrs aishat: we dont want to distract you knowing that you will be writing exams and you need total concentration.. Dont worry God is in control we will survive,..she added (one good thing about mrs aishat is that she is strong and never worry about her problems , she rather seek a way forward.)
Haqq: nawa ooo just like that

Mr salawu: the power holding company of nigeria have just been privatize and is now known as AEDC (abuja electricity distribution company) they sacked many of us

Haqq: hope they compensate you guys

Mr salawu: yes but you know my position in the office is at junior level cos i didnt attain higher degree i worked with my ssce certificate and i wasnt given promotion unlike others who work with bsc or masters so the money they gave us the junior staff is small..

Haqq: how much did they paid you?

Mrs aishat: (she was listening eagerly hoping mr salawu will tell them how much he was paid…cos the last time she asked him the same question he didn’t give them any reply)

Mr salawu: like i said it just a small token dont worry i will find something to invest on so that the money is well utilized.

Haqq and mrs aishat were disappointed that in this critical time of thier life mr salawu has choose not to opened his financial status to them and angrily mrs aishat pour out her mind

Mrs Aishat: you should be ashamed of yourself who are u hiding ur money from is it me or your children, instead of you to tell us how much you were paid so that we can think of a profitable business to invest on you are here hiding it.

Mr salawu: whats your problem woman?… He asked angrily is it your money? If you have brain to do business why are u not working?

Mrs aishat was shocked at his husband utterance and haqq was fuming in anger cos he dont like it when his father or anyone insult his mother but he manage to calm his temper..

Mrs aishat: didnt i told you on several Occasion that i need money to do business and what did u do about it, u keep telling me you are capable of taking care of your family but the truth is that you are insecure.

Mr salawu: i agree am insecure if you have problem with that you are free to pack your things and leave my house…he said authoritatively (this didnt go down well with haqq)

Haqq: dad this is not fair, i know you refuse to allow her do any business even though you knew all my mum wanted is to support you and the family…do you think if she leave now only you can take care of the house and my siblings?….pls and pls this is the time for you to unite your family and find a way foward all these argument should stop ( haqq speak like never before being in school has toughened him alot and now his duty as the first child of the family is gradually taken effect)

Mr salawu didnt say anything again having seen haqq reaction he now knew his boy of then is now a man so he must thread carefully but mrs aishat was still fuming and she didnt stop throwing shades)

Haqq decide to find a place to cool his head and the taught of Kareem sprung his head going to kareem house will be a great relief for him… He taught and zoom off immediately,

At kareem house:

Haqq knocked the door of his friend house every where was quiet it seems no living soul is currently living there and this makes him to wonder where everybody had gone to. In the process of wondering Kareem’s mother opened the door and she immediately gave haqq a warm welcome

Kareem’s mother: my son wow good to see you how is school?

Haqq: school is fine ma, how are you and the rest of families?

Kareem’s mother: we are managing oooo pls come inside ( she led haqq inside )

Haqq: ma where is Kareem?, his number is no longer going through, i hope all is well with him.

Kareem’s mother: he is fine ooo, he lost his phone recently and currently he is staying with his uncle in Abuja..

Haqq: wow (his heart beats in disarray, his only source of relief is far away) but ma, is there no way i can contact him?

Kareem’s mother: i will give u his airtel number, i already told him to go and do welcome back for his MTN sim so that friends and families can reach him but u know ur friend he is very stubborn.

Haqq smiled, what a relief at least i will be able to communicate to my friend even though he is not here physically.. He taught as he collect the number from Kareem’s mother.

Haqq: thank you ma i should be on my way now

Kareem’s mother: haba so soon at least let me you offer you something to eat now

Haqq: dont worry ma, Am ok… thanks for the number.

Kareem’s mother: u are welcome,.. pls my regards to your parents

Haqq: they will hear.

On his way haqq quickly recharge his line and dial kareems number

Kareem: hello

Haqq: odogwu

Kareem: no vex abeg na who dy show me love?

Haqq: see ur mouth na me jor haqq

Kareem: my guy long time hw school now

Haqq: fine ooo

Kareem: how you take get my number

Haqq: na mumsy give me ooo i just dy leave ur house sef

Kareem: chaiiiii u dy kogi me wey i dy miss u die how u nw

Haqq: o boy i dy ooo me wey i wan cum gist you as i come kogi na big problem i come meet for house

Kareem: haba wetn happen nw

Haqq: guy make we gist in the evening if you get time

Kareem: haba u b my guy there is always time for you…. He said in assuring tone (which means thier friendship means alot)

Haqq: ok nw i go halla u in the evening

Kareem: just flash me i go call you

Haqq: big boy ( they both laughed and haqq cut the call)

Haqq went home and met his mum sleeping the house was quiet and he had no idea where his father went to and his siblings are yet to return from school the day still young,… Haqq was feeling a bit hungry this is just past 12pm he dash into the kitchen and help himself with garri there is no sugar and kuli kuli in the house he rushed to the nearest shop and bought the necessary ingredient that will give the garri a nice look..

He took the garri and enter his room to take a nap but he couldn’t sleep he was busy thinking about his family problem, well atleast if we start the right business we will survive he assured himself hoping on the money the company gave his dad…

On a second thought we dont even know how much they gave my dad, the stubborn man refuse to tell us… What if the money is not enough for us to start business?…. He questioned himself,..well i dont know where life is leading us to but i must manned up and start doing something.

The day fade away fastly and it is already evening he taught of calling his friend so that they can gist he picked his phone and dialed his number,.. Kareem cut the call and call haqq back as he promised earlier

Haqq: my guy

Kareem: baba ooooo i just dy think of you since …how are you man?

Haqq: i no go lie you am confused and very worried.

Kareem: wetn happen my guy talk to me

Haqq: guy my dad have been sacked

Kareem: what? tell me u are joking man

Haqq: i no fit joke with this kind thing ooo

Kareem: am sorry man but since ur father is an electrician he can applied in the local government or he can be going to sites to see if he can get contract to wire houses and all that..

Haqq: na true ooo i never taught of it na why i dy miss u b dis

Kareem: u no well ooo guy wat of those gals for school.

Haqq: o boy forget those gals na rahimat be d koko

Kareem: ehe oya gist me which level una dn dy nw

Haqq: o boy i dn enter dat gal she sweet like kukuwache…. He said boastfully like somebody who have win worldcup final

Kareem: o boy ehhhh i dy feel u…(he replied happily as if he was the one that enter the gal.)

The discussion continue for a very long time and the boys were up to no good from sex talk to school stuff.., the only moral thing in thier discussion was the family issue going on in haqq family and kareem determination to further his education.

The boys end the call and the time was already 9:30pm, haqq went inside the kitchen he hadn’t taken his dinner because of his phone call with his friend,… now the worms are at play and he must feed them.

It is time for haqq to go back to school and he was very happy at least he dont want to witness any further commotion coming from his household, mr salawu has totally become lazy he will sleep from money till evening the only reason you will see mr salawu awake is when he want to eat or want to toilet.. and mrs aishat have been complaining about this sudden change of behavior, she feared if mr salawu continue like this the family will be faced with massive suffering,. Mr salawu is not concerned in investing with the little they have now and he has never attempt to find a new job.. How will he take care of his family? A rhetorical question with no answer…..

Haqq got all he want for school different provisions were arranged for him at least there is still money in his father’s hand and Is still early to experience hardship.

The next day he load all his thing and was escorted to the park by his mother, mr salawu didn’t follow them this time around…. when they reached the park mrs aishat insist haqq should eat because the journey is a long one, they both went to the restaurant while the driver is still looking for passengers, while they were eating mrs aishat start a conversation.

Mrs aishat: my son you have to be strong for us, shebi u see the situation wey we dy now, your father is not helping matters at all,.. instead of him to open business for me so that i go fit support the family, he instead prefer to useless the money.

Haqq: dont worry things will be alright you shouldn’t wait for my father to open business for you because from the look of things he does not have plan… if there is any opportunity of work that you know you can do just grab it…i promise you… i will work hard for us okay?…. He said, assuring his mother

Mrs aishat: i hear you my son God will be with you as you journey to zaria

Haqq: amen!!! lets go back, the bus should be full by now.

They both went to the park and the bus was almost full, they waited for a couple of minutes before the bus was fully loaded and in no time the bus was set to depart. haqq wave at his mother as the bus set in motion.

Haqq was looking unhappy while in the bus the taught of his family grip his mind he was thinking when his phone rang it was rahimat calling

Haqq: dear hwfar now

Rahimat: love i dy ooo hope you are still coming today

Haqq: yes ooo i dy road sef

Rahimat: i wish u safe journey bring better come ooo

Haqq: smiled….. No worry i am fully prepared for you he said naughtily

Rahimat: bad boy till you come bye

Haqq: bye

They caught the call,, let me tell you… rahimat didnt travel she was in zaria all through with her sister, i guess the enjoyment was too much and she always chat with haqq on phone frequently but haqq never told her about his problem…

It was past 5pm haqq is already in zaria he feel a bit relief the taught of making love to rahimat makes him excited he offload his luggages from the taxi he board to his house, when he has settled down he called his parents that he has reached.. after their conversation he called rahimat and she promised to come tomorrow which is sunday because it is late already.

The following day rahimat came as promised she was entertained by haqq as usual and they made passionate love

why didnt you travel sef?? haqq asked…

Rahimat: well i really enjoy my sister place and beside i have lived in kogi all my life i want my people to miss me wella before i go back.

Haqq: bad gal

Rahimat: gist me now how ur side for kogi

Haqq: boring…. my friend don travel go abuja and i just dy like dele

Rahimat: eyaaa na why i no wan travel be that sef

Is getting late i should be going says rahimat

Ok nw make i see you off hope you are prepared becos we dy resume tomorrow replied haqq

Rahimat: yes oooo that means we go jam for school Tomorrow

Haqq: yea

Well things was going on fine between haqq and rahimat.. They both shared the same seat as usual and do thier naughty things wen the need arise.., rahimat have moved from his sister place to her rented apartment and only visit her on weekends.

O boy i hear say result go soon commot ooo says vincent (Vincent is the closest person to haqq after rahimat..he has a striking personality, he is intelligent and love women and food with all his heart)

Haqq: how u take know say result go soon comot

Vincent: na class rep tell me,,..u no say he dy relate well with the dean of study infact we should be expecting it in one weeks time.

Haqq: see as my mind they cut no shaking sha.

Vincent: dont worry nothing dy happen

One week later

Vincent: haqq where u dy result don commot oo

Haqq: wow u mean am

Vincent: yes now, o boy i clear all my papers.

Haqq: ok i dy come, congrat though

In a couple of minutes haqq was in school his heart beating like the way mike tyson beat fraizer he reached the notice board where the result was pasted, he stroll his hand down to where his matric number is and follow the grade accordingly he was impressed with what he is seeing all seems to be going soomthly untill he saw F9 his heart pound again which course be dis wey i get F9? after all the A’s and B’s i scored in the rest of the subject he traced his GP and it was a strong 2.1 (3.80gpa) well not bad but i must find out why i failed this course…

He was about to leave the school when he saw rahimat and Vincent they exchanged greetings

Vincent: i dn dy look for u nw how ur result

Haqq: 3.80 Cgpa

Rahimat: wooow u are the boss

Vincent: thats my boy well mine is 3.75

Rahimat: mine is 3.80 too

Haqq: well i have a problem i have carry over in Tvjs103

Both Vincent and rahimat were shocked how can someone with 3.80gpa still have carry over?

Vincent: that should be mr agada course

Rahimat: what?

Haqq: guyz i will go to his office to confirm tomorrow why i failed his course cause is not just possible i read hard and am sure i did well.

Vincent: that will be better but your brain carry oil oooo even with CO u dy strong 2.1 he said jokingly

Haqq: guy my target na first class ooo but i dont know why this man wan show me shege like this

Rahimat: dont worry am sure there is error somewhere okay?

Haqq pretend to be unshaken with the carry over but wen he reached his house he was deeply worried but why will mr agada give me carryover he asked rhetorically? He should reserved his taught because his nemeses lies not far from his heart….while he anxiously wait for tomorrow to meet mr agada neither will he know that tomorrow marked the beginning of his doom….
To be continued

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dinner For Two-part Two (18+) / Dear Crush / My Battle With Anorexia (with Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.