Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,775 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria (823 Views)

Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response / Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. / The Truth About Sharia Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by hymen(f): 10:23am On Jan 27, 2010
Really sorry for female muslims in Nigeria cry cry cry cry

[center][size=18pt]2011: Sharia Council Rules Out Woman Gov[/size]
From Hammed Shittu in Ilorin., 01.27.2010

Kwara[/center]
Members of the Kwara State branch of the Supreme Council for Shariah yesterday kicked against the purported move by the highly placed politicians in the state to impose a female as governor of the state come 2011.

In a statement issued in Ilorin by the council and signed by its state coordinator, Alhaji Tijani Edun and made available to newsmen, the council said such alleged move was against the principle of Islamic law that forbids female leadership in Islam.

According to the statement, ”we as members of Supreme Council for Shariah are not politicians and not working for the female rivals but making efforts to guide Muslims, including politicians and check what is against the wish of Allah remains our priority”.
The statement said the argument raised by a female contestant in the state that people like Bhutto of Pakistan, Queen Elizabeth of England, among others, are female leaders who had ruled their various countries was not tenable because they are not Islamic states.

Edun added that, any attempt by the female politician to rule the state come 2011 would serve as a bad precedent and more importantly would destroy the only legacy and culture of Islam left behind by Alimi dynasty in the state.
He stressed that, allowing a woman to head the state where more than 80 per cent are Muslims would spell a doom for the state and they should all work against such move .

Edun noted that, the council was not asking the people to take to violence in waging war against the move but they should embark on fervent prayers in order to salvage the state from such move.
He, therefore, called on the Muslims to converge at the Yidi praying ground, Ilorin on May 30, 2010 to call on God to prevail on the people that would want to impose a woman as leader for the state in the next political dispensation.
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2010
I don't think Sharia supports this assertion o ! cheesy
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2010
illusion2:

I don't think Sharia supports this assertion o ! cheesy

What assertion does sharia support?
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Kx: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2010
What is that one thing that is good about this sharia sef?
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
toba:

What assertion does sharia support?
That all men & women are created equal by God & can aspire to any office they so desire. . . insh'Allah
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 12:07am On Jan 28, 2010
*entered and saw three drunkard spewing gibberish, slamed the door and the drunkard ran into hiding, quietly left the drunkard and laughed*
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Habib16(m): 12:52am On Jan 28, 2010
Impossible pls a Female Gvnr in my State KWARA Auzubillah, Subhanallah
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 6:55am On Jan 28, 2010
Habib16:

Impossible pls a Female Gvnr in my State KWARA Auzubillah, Subhanallah
Well said bro. . . just like a typical taliban. . . wa sere ! cheesy
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 10:24am On Jan 28, 2010
C'mon, kai stop smoking that cheap weed, it will cause you total disorder like what you are doing now
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
Who the hell is deleting my post? U pple u want to start another sharia rule on NL abi? i No go gree. All the time it happens on islamis section to me
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by muhsin(m): 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
toba:

Who the hell is deleting my post? U pple u want to start another sharia rule on NL abi? i No go gree. All the time it happens on islamis section to me

I laugh whenever I read this kind of loosy tired complain by you guys.
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
muhsin:

I laugh whenever I read this kind of loosy tired complain by you guys.

Why wont u laugh since u pple are scared of challenge. But u dnt get such treatment from AKO and manmustwac. Where is the fairness?
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
AkO and manmustwac have deleted more than 700 of my posts. They collaborated to ban me 4 times. Where is the fairness dude ?
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Habib16(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
@poster smokers are liable to die young!
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by muhsin(m): 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
toba:

Why wont u laugh since u pple are scared of challenge. But u dnt get such treatment from AKO and manmustwac. Where is the fairness?

Behave yourself and sensibly; nobody will dare deleting your posts.

I don't think my post has ever got deleted on NL.

Why you? Think, dude. Take care!
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
Abu Zola:

AkO and manmustwac have deleted more than 700 of my posts. They collaborated to ban me  4 times. Where is the fairness dude ?
Just keep quite.Who do u think likes u on NL? no1 just pray dat u dnt get banned again cus ur matter is being looked into
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
Thanks for assuring me the unfairness in the religion section. Bravo !
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2010
Easy
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Habib16(m): 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
no
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
Lol.

Illusion the baba 40, hw far, its ur son
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2010
Abu Zola:

Lol.

Illusion the baba 40, hw far, its your son
I dey.
Asalamuailekum my boy. , how abuja?

Barka da jumaa'. . . no fighting again okay? wink
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2010
No froblem,
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
Abu Zola:

No froblem,
Cool wink
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
Take some goro,
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2010
Abu Zola:

Take some goro,
Thank you. . . grin Add some Suya na ? undecided

I wonder what Olabowale & Jarus have to say to this :

In the case of Kwara:

Would you rather identify with Yoruba as per ethnic identity or

Fulani as per Islamic (RELIGIOUS) identity.

I await your response.

Cheers,
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by AbuZola3(m): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2010
Wetin Baba 40 wan use suya do, leave it for the boiz.
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2010
Abu Zola:

Wetin Baba 40 wan use suya do, leave it for the boiz.
Suya with burantashi does the trick my man wink
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 30, 2010
luvola:

abu d lunatic boy wat yur view about d female governor in kwara
Kai so d guy don dey kolo? Anyway na u talk am o.Chai i think say na true sha
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by illusion2: 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2010
Abu isn't a lunatic,please. . .he's only misunderstood wink .
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2010
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by hymen(f): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2010
I see another similar thread has been opened in Politics section.

This(Islam on female gov) is really sad,IMO sad
Re: Sharia Rules Out Female Governor In Nigeria by ttruth(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
Why should they have Sharia law in Nigeria in the first place ? Are we going forward to backward ?

Nonsense. The earlier they eradicate this nonsense they called Sharia, the better angry

(1) (Reply)

Mods In Islam Section A Bit Careless With Banning People / Tariqa, Shia, Ahlusunna Etc Can Goto Paradise If.... / The Runaway Muslimah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.