Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Procrastination: Tips To Fix Your Mindset And Increase Your Productivity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Procrastination: Tips To Fix Your Mindset And Increase Your Productivity (341 Views)

How To Increase Your Income In Nigeria / 3 Facts About Workplace Productivity You Must Know: / How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Procrastination: Tips To Fix Your Mindset And Increase Your Productivity by seksan(f): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
I have been wanting to talk to you about this but I’ve been postponing it… It’s not a good practice as I fell victim of it but you shouldn’t.

The fact that you will have everything planned in your brain but then to put it to work will be as if your blood is about to be extracted out (I had to be extra, lol).

In fact, it gets really worse such that in those time we use to postpone what could have be done… we don’t even achieve anything meaningful within that period. It could sometimes be used to lust away at things we wished we could have OR to waste on having meaning engagements on social media.

Today is all about sharing tips that help me when I start having that bad vibe of lazying around all day without getting productive.

1) Set your priorities right

Priorities implies doing what you have to do instead of wishing you did. In reality, for things to be done appropriately then any factors that could hinder it or be a source of distractions should be set aside at least until the important act is achieved.

For you to identify your priorities, you need to first digest why you want to achieve the goal in the first instance. In what ways will it be of benefit to your life or “success bank”.

Factors like social media, unnecessary events or engagements should be eradicated if they start getting in the way of your set priorities. Don’t be surprised as the time you gain back to fully focus on your priorities without having to worry about “Hey, I don’t have time” !!!

2) Fix your mindset

Think of it this way … you have a task that needs to be done. You already gained clarity at why it needs to be done and the things you will gain from doing it.

But then to actually do it becomes harder. You know why ?! Because your mindset is already shifted to looking at it as HARD…

Start by changing your mindset… look at it through the realm of doing it a step at a time. This way you get to be in control and manage your time effectively as well as efficiently.

3) Surround yourself with like-minded people

Honestly, this has been of great help to me in having less of those days of procrastination. I have quite a lot of people that are sources of motivation to me. People I know will tell me the plain truth without holding back as they are very much eager to see my success.

Align yourself with individuals with great passion as you- where in you can be held accountable in getting started with your outlined task. The type of people that would be a source of positive influence in helping to ignite the boost you need to gain clarity in your own mechanism.

Read full article on http://sekinatsanni.com.ng/3-tips-to-fix-your-mindset-and-increase-your-productivity/

1 Like

Re: Procrastination: Tips To Fix Your Mindset And Increase Your Productivity by izospindle(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
I will read this later let me follow jor cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ponzi Solution{onetime Payment(auto Recycling)matrix/peer2peer System}.get Us / Free Programme: Starting A Career In Human Resources / Probation Letter After Confirmation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.