Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

See How To Make Your Blog Visible On Google Yahoo And Bing Here - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / See How To Make Your Blog Visible On Google Yahoo And Bing Here (542 Views)

How To Submit Your Site To Google And Bing / How Do I Make My Website Visible On The Internet After Designing? / 5 Things To Do To Make Your Website More Visible To Your Target Audience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How To Make Your Blog Visible On Google Yahoo And Bing Here by teezhie: 10:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
and Yahoo

I know the first thing that would be on your mind is What are sitemaps . well, sitemap is a file in XML format with the list of the whole pages in your blog. Sitemaps helps and improve the rate in which your blog would be crawled and also helps search engines like GOOGLE, YAHOO And BING to Index your blog post.
Well, submitting a sitemap to search engines would will tell them about your blog and the contents present on your blog. Want to learn more about sitemaps? Just click Here

So on this tutorial getting your sitemap and submitting them to search engines would be treated on this blog with completely safe steps so as to ensure your blog not ending up being messed up.
However, Blogger's default sitemap contains only 25 latest articles on your blog. You can take a look on your blog sitemap.

Steps on submitting your maps to search engines

see full details here
www.naijabrainies..in/2017/06/how-to-submit-your-sitemap-to.html
Re: See How To Make Your Blog Visible On Google Yahoo And Bing Here by Hackz009: 12:06am On Jun 26, 2017
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL BLOGGING: How to start a blog With WordPress (Self-Hosted)| Step by Step Guide

Starting a blog is indeed not an easy thing to do. Dont you think?

Ummmmmmmm….I don’t think so

Start you very own blog today an make steps towards monetizing today.

In this article, I provide a step by step guide on how to start a self hosted blog:

If you’d prefer to start a free blog, Read up my article on starting a free wordpress blog.

Here’s how to start a blog:

Choose a blogging platform.
Register a domain name and hosting.
Design your blog.
Add content.
Get traffic.
The goal of this page is to help you get started the right way. From years of coaching and helping people with their blogs, I’ve found that many people make mistakes when starting a blog, sometimes resulting in them abandoning the project altogether. We don’t want that to happen.

So I want you to take the time to thoroughly read this post. It’s about 4000 words long, so get comfy and set aside some time; I’m going to walk you through the entire process of setting up your self-hosted blog, so you ‘get it right the first time’.

Are you ready? Lets Go!

Step 1: Choose the right blogging platform (WordPress)

Before you can even start worrying about how your blog will look like, you’ll need to choose your blogging platform. WordPress, Tumblr and blogger market share

There’s a lot to choose from. You are able to create a blog with many different blogging platforms, such as WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more…

However, given that there are over 72 million active users using WordPress today, it’s clear which platform is the boss. Even my own blogs and sites are built with WordPress blogging platform. Here’s why:

It’s FREE for everyone to use (including themes, layouts and add-ons that many other blogging platforms don’t provide).
It’s super easy to set up.
It’s secure; WordPress is always updating their software and keeping everything sound and secure, so there’s rarely a worry of having your blog come under hacking attacks. No wonder Facebook, NASA and even university blogs are using WordPress.
It’s HIGHLY customizable. There are hundreds of free themes and plugins that add more functionality to your blog, from contact and subscribe boxes to plugins that improve blog performance and more.
While the other blogging platforms are generally all pretty OK, nothing in my opinion has ever come close to matching the freedom and customization options that WordPress offers. So without a doubt, go with WordPress. Especially when you are just starting out.

Why you shouldn’t create a blog on a free blogging platform

Without a doubt, you need to self-host your WordPress blog.

Think about it – what famous, successful blogger you know is using a free blogging website like “codewithphilip.freeblogs.com” instead of their own domain name like “codewithphilip.co”, for example?

It’s not just that – free blogging platforms have other problems too – including…

You don’t control your content – the blogging platform does. They could shut you down any time, and for any reason. Don’t believe me? Read this.
The web address of your blog will be long and hard to remember(like yourfreeblog..com) instead of a catchy, branded address you choose.
You’re not allowed to advertise on most free blogging platforms, making it much harder to ever make money from blogging.
All of these limitations apply to the blogs. What you really want is to self-host a WordPress blog – it’s the same software without all the limitations!

If I were you, I’d start with a self-hosted blog on my own domain from day one. Setting up a blog like this is WAY easier and less expensive than you think.

Continue reading at http://codewithphilip.co/how-to-start-a-blog/

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of Assistance Concerning My Website / Popular South-east Blogger,feanyicy To Be Honoured With The Afriworld Award / How To Rebrand Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.