Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Hopelessness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hopelessness (675 Views)

How To Overcome Hopelessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hopelessness by Emperor380(m): 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello my fellow lovers of literature, my name is emperor and it hasn't been long that I joined this forum though av been a ghost reader all the while. Av been admiring the works of the numerous gifted and talented writers here and will love to comment on there hard work. I want to test my writing skills by writing a story bt that will depend on the support I get from writing this little narrative describing the difficulties of making it through in Nigeria.Constructive criticism is welcomed
Re: Hopelessness by Emperor380(m): 11:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
I don't really know if all they said was true or not.Back then,when I was bare ten,when all I knew was how to get my belly filled up,jump and skip around with friends.I clearly remember when mum will sit me down and talk gently with me,and when dad will use the cain whenever I trespassed

I could still hear mum's voice telling me that all I needed to become a responsible man was to create a cordial relationship with my books, that they were the only faithful and trustworthy friends I could ever have, for only them shall guarantee a very happy and luxurious life in the not-distant future.I still remember clearly when I shun all my friends and games, when Tony will come around inviting me to the fields,I remember fighting so hard to resist him,clinching to my books at every tickle of the clock.Struggling my way to the top of the class wasn't easy bt I did it.

Was that not what mum wanted ? was it not because of it that I had to make friends with my books ? was it not to make it to the top ? Didn't she said my life will be a happy one if I stopped playing around ? Didn't I listened to her ? Why is it different now ? Why didn't she told me that after making it through high school,I will have to wait fr three to four years before getting admitted ? or that I have to be a particular religion or tribe before I get easily admitted ? may be I would have chosen between my friends and my books.

After making it into the tertiary,I thought my confusion and questions had come to an end little did I knew that the bigger part of the story was hidden from me.Like paying a particular sum of money before getting a HOD's signature or the existence of "book of life" as the lecturers call it,in which all names of students offering a particular course mst be written without which failure in such courses is guaranteed ? why wasn't I told that some students oppressed their fellow students just because of a little position (course rep).

I remember my govt teacher telling us that government is to ensure that education should be brought to the lowest and affordable rate so as every citizen will enjoy the right to freedom if education, that educational projects should be signed every now and then so as to avoid difficulties in acquiring knowledge. if so ,then why are schools closed down due to strikes caused by govt inability to give their quarter to the educational sector ? why do we see hostels in public institutions looking dirty and bushy ? I should have been told earlier

After all the the strikes and the inconveniences in the tertiary ? I thought I have finally arrived my destination,I thought I had attain that happy and luxurious life mum once told me about, at least that responsible man mum had said I ll become is here, little did I knew that it was the beginning of another adventure for me. I dont remember been hinted about embarking on a journey all over every nook and cranny of this country alongside my file filled with credentials from one office to the other seeking for job.I thought jobs are to be offered according to merits ? why then are they asking of my religion, tribe and state instead of checking my credentials ? . I kept on puzzling over these then I remember "I am still in Nigeria"
Re: Hopelessness by Deji124(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
nice story u got here. I like how u start d story. oya cum and kwantinue.
Re: Hopelessness by Emperor380(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2017
Deji124:
nice story u got here. I like how u start d story. oya cum and kwantinue.
thanks brother for commenting but I will start the real story in no time, I will be happy if u invite others.
watch out for Twist Of Life
Re: Hopelessness by Deji124(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2017
Emperor380:
thanks brother for commenting but I will start the real story in no time, I will be happy if u invite others.
watch out for Twist Of Life
My bros cum and updating before i start inviting.
Re: Hopelessness by Emperor380(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
Deji124:
My bros cum and updating before i start inviting.
check at new topic Twist of life: that's where I do the updating
Re: Hopelessness by Deji124(m): 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2017
Emperor380:

check at new topic Twist of life: that's where I do the updating
K lemme go and check it out.

(1) (Reply)

This Happens Always If You Are An Idea Smart Person / Characters In The Lion And The Jewel By Wole Soyinka / Entertainment To You Is?books,music,movies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.