Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

The Rate Of Infinix Fake Phones Is Alarming! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Rate Of Infinix Fake Phones Is Alarming! (764 Views)

Which Of This Phones Is Better / The Era Of Foldable Phones Is Upon Us As The Craze For Bezel-less & Notch Wanes / Slot Sells Fake Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rate Of Infinix Fake Phones Is Alarming! by Ellegacy(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2017
Clones phones are ramparts nowadays. From HTC to Samsung, and IPhone.
But one you wouldn't believe to even get clone is being clone. And to ordinary and even professional eyes you wouldn't notice.

2 perfect examples are,

A lady came to me with her Infinix Note 2. She told me she need some movies on her phone and I should please help out with that. Collecting the phone you wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary as its seem perfect and Infinix like.

On connecting the phone to my Laptop, what happens next baffles me beyond imagination. My system read the inner memory of the phone as 2gb internal memory! Phone of 16gb Rom suddenly became 2gb phone storage. I disconnected from my laptop, ran through the phone as I checked it file manager. It read as 16gb. I check the ram, 2gb. I checked Apps, storage, same 16gb. You see, you wouldn't know even if you're to be a tech guy, only the system laptop detected that it's a clone and never close to the original phone. In no time, we stated comparing the phone with another Note 2 and surprisingly some little difference start showing. Asking how much she bought the phone? Same prize as with the Original!

Another example, a friend of mine decided to get a fairly use Infinix phone. Going through OLX we came across an Infinix Hot 4 pro for 32k. Sounds like a good deal to me. We called the buyer and negotiated to 28. He accepted, I should have seen that as a red flag..
D day came, we checked the phone, went through the normal inner memory and Ram. 16gb and 2gb. Looks legit. Fingerprints next, it's worked. Graphics looks perfect and with no fault whatsoever. We're satisfied and we paid.
On getting home, that where the phone through color start showing. 3G service won't come up, phone reboot when it's goes through a strenuous tasks, calls won't come through. Then we know we've bought a Panda phone. No biggie on that one. We're going to sell it back just like we bought it.

I almost bought an Infinix Hot Note likewise not knowing its a clone. Trying to format it the phone won't format.

My advice, do not buy any Infinix phone from just any outlet. If it's not Konga, then Slot.

Maybe you should get a mini laptop whenever you want to buy a fairly use Infinix phones along.

Lastly, do not buy any Infinix Hot Note phone that looks new.. Infinix is no longer producing the phone. If it look too new, then it's probably a clone phone.

Be WISE!
Re: The Rate Of Infinix Fake Phones Is Alarming! by NCP: 8:57am On Jun 26, 2017
Ellegacy:
Clones phones are ramparts nowadays. From HTC to Samsung, and IPhone.
But one you wouldn't believe to even get clone is being clone. And to ordinary and even professional eyes you wouldn't notice.

2 perfect examples are,

A lady came to me with her Infinix Note 2. She told me she need some movies on her phone and I should please help out with that. Collecting the phone you wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary as its seem perfect and Infinix like.

On connecting the phone to my Laptop, what happens next baffles me beyond imagination. My system read the inner memory of the phone as 2gb internal memory! Phone of 16gb Rom suddenly became 2gb phone storage. I disconnected from my laptop, ran through the phone as I checked it file manager. It read as 16gb. I check the ram, 2gb. I checked Apps, storage, same 16gb. You see, you wouldn't know even if you're to be a tech guy, only the system laptop detected that it's a clone and never close to the original phone. In no time, we stated comparing the phone with another Note 2 and surprisingly some little difference start showing. Asking how much she bought the phone? Same prize as with the Original!

Another example, a friend of mine decided to get a fairly use Infinix phone. Going through OLX we came across an Infinix Hot 4 pro for 32k. Sounds like a good deal to me. We called the buyer and negotiated to 28. He accepted, I should have seen that as a red flag..
D day came, we checked the phone, went through the normal inner memory and Ram. 16gb and 2gb. Looks legit. Fingerprints next, it's worked. Graphics looks perfect and with no fault whatsoever. We're satisfied and we paid.
On getting home, that where the phone through color start showing. 3G service won't come up, phone reboot when it's goes through a strenuous tasks, calls won't come through. Then we know we've bought a Panda phone. No biggie on that one. We're going to sell it back just like we bought it.

I almost bought an Infinix Hot Note likewise not knowing its a clone. Trying to format it the phone won't format.

My advice, do not buy any Infinix phone from just any outlet. If it's not Konga, then Slot.

Maybe you should get a mini laptop whenever you want to buy a fairly use Infinix phones along.

Lastly, do not buy any Infinix Hot Note phone that looks new.. Infinix is no longer producing the phone. If it look too new, then it's probably a clone phone.

Be WISE!
l always advocate using PC/lappy to test for clones. The storage is where the test at.

@Bolded it is the way to go.

Thanks for the post.

1 Like

Re: The Rate Of Infinix Fake Phones Is Alarming! by taiwo4love(m): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
Free Delivery For Infinix Phones on Jumia
Did you know that when you order any Infinix phone from Jumia, you get free Delivery. Now you do.

Re: The Rate Of Infinix Fake Phones Is Alarming! by samsard(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
Next time you can install CPU Z.
Re: The Rate Of Infinix Fake Phones Is Alarming! by stevewheezy(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2017
You can always check how genuine yours is here http://gc.infinixmobility.com/

(1) (Reply)

3 New Features Of Iphone 8 That Changes The Game / Check It Out Guys! How To Make Your Facebook Name Invisible / I Need Leeco S3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.