Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry (800 Views)

Oba Fatai Irawo Of 'Odi-olowo' Is Dead / High Chief, Fatai Olumegbon Is Dead / Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by AfonjaBoston: 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
On his IG page this morning, Chude wrote;

"So, my car went into a huge pot-hole at about 2am today, on my way from Akpororo's excellent show. And then three of my tyres - Three - went kaput. Kaput. Metal on road. I kept driving for about 5 minutes until I found a well lit place to park. I came out with my ipad and my phone, and then a guy - he later told me his name is Fatai - emerged from under the Empire bus stop bridge and asked what was wrong.

The to-the-point cliche about the exact kind of person you should run away from when you're stuck on the road at 2am - no one else with you, or around. I explained, and told him I was going to get help. I already resigned myself to being 'obtained' on some level. But then he said, it's okay, he would stand watch over the car from me. He would keep it safe while I found a solution. And he did. As did the taxi driver who helped me go round finding spare tyres all around Surulere.

Both of them became my guardian angels, telling me what to do, helping me change my tyres, assuring me I'd be fine. It still makes no sense to me, you know? It would have been more rewarding for Fatai to take my phone, my iPad or something from the car. What possesses a man who has no home, and hangs around bridges at night and even has no phone l to choose empathy / even if in hope of a tip / over easy theft? To commit to helping a stranger in the middle of the night, and to keep his word? I am glad for the burst tyres.

I seriously am. Any experience that refreshes my faith in the human spirit is a gift. Including my team members - three of them - who insisted on coming out at 3am to help. Thank you, Jesus for sending me angels. I live for moments like this!"

Bottom line Is tribal bigots on nairaland (myself inclusive) its high time we sheath our swords and come together to build this nation. The real Nigerians are out there in the real world helping one another irrespective of tribe and getting married my uncle is married to an igbo woman and its been 40years

Can we all repent and stop all this name calling

Cc

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by PlayerMeji: 1:02am On Jun 29, 2017
Well said bro...The Real Nigerians are out there helping each other!
Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
Mtchewwwww.

A Ghanaian helped me the other day.
Guess Nigerian and Ghana should be merged together to build a stronger nation.

Ndi awuru
Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by Tequilah: 10:41am On Jun 30, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

On his IG page this morning, Chude wrote;
Bottom line Is tribal bigots on nairaland (myself inclusive) its high time we sheath our swords and come together to build this nation. The real Nigerians are out there in the real world helping one another irrespective of tribe and getting married my uncle is married to an igbo woman and its been 40years

Can we all repent and stop all this name calling

Cc

Lalasticlala

What is Chude Jidonwo's moniker on NL? And I thought he is an Igbo man, with a name like Chude? So why is he saying 'my uncle is married to an igbo woman and its been 40years?' Can anyone explain?

1 Like

Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by joyAA(f): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
Lol
Tribal bigots on NL including him grin grin
Hahahahahahaha

Ewu
Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by joyAA(f): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
Lol
Tribal bigots on NL including him grin grin
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by 20CRATES(m): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Mtchewwwww.

A Ghanaian helped me the other day.
Guess Nigerian and Ghana should be merged together to build a stronger nation.

Ndi awuru

The only problem with your analogy is that Nigeria and Ghana are not one country, while Yorubas and Igbos are ALREADY citizens of the same country for over 100 years now.
Just make your point without all the insults, you sound so bitter

1 Like

Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
20CRATES:

The only problem with your analogy is that Nigeria and Ghana are not one country, while Yorubas and Igbos are ALREADY citizens of the same country for over 100 years now.
Just make your point without all the insults, you sound so bitter

Will division make us to stop caring for the other?

(1) (Reply)

Korean Film Festival Lagos 2017 / 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away / Hadijah Nakitendde: How To Spot The Chaos Causing Illuminati Mafia Devil Cults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.