Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

See My Banga Soup (AFRAMOMUM DANIELLI) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See My Banga Soup (AFRAMOMUM DANIELLI) (3072 Views)

"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps / Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See My Banga Soup (AFRAMOMUM DANIELLI) by umuna(m): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
AFRAMOMUM DANIELLI

It is a member of the Aframomum family and closely related to alligator pepper seeds or grains of paradise. its seeds are dark and shiny with a pleasant aroma. Most locals call it Orima and it is an important item in preparation of a local soup called Banga soup in Niger Delta area in Nigeria. The seeds are less pungent, but backed with a lot (29) of antioxidant oil properties like cineole, pinene and trephine being the major oil constituents in the seeds. The seeds can be used generally for spicing foods, as food preservative, flavouring of drinking’s and baking due to its strong antibacterial and antifungal activities. According to research, this wonder spice stops the growth of moulds in food which usually causes food poisoning. You can achieve this by adding/ blending the seeds with the items you want to preserve. Apart from using the seeds in Banga soup, we due use the seeds in stews, Akara, Moi-Moi, Meat Pie, Burger, Beef roll etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Spoons goes missing In your house? / Making Suasage Rolls. / Foods Not To Eat On A First Dinner Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.