Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" (18046 Views)

23 Times Grand Slam Champion, Serena Williams Reaches 11th Wimbledon Final / Meet Marylove Edwards, Nigeria’s 13 Year-old Tennis Sensation By The BBC / Mikel Becomes 1st Nigerian To Earn More Than 100,000 Pounds A Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by LubeyNaijaBlog: 1:26am On Jun 27, 2017
Prodigies are known for breaking boundaries at an early age, and that’s certainly what Nigerian tennis star, Marylove Edwards is doing.

At 12 years old, she already has her name in the women singles tennis ranking of the Nigeria Tennis Federation (NTF). She was just recently ranked fourth, and no player her age has ever come this close.

Marylove achieved this feat following her outstanding performance at the just concluded CBN Senior Championship in Lagos. She came into the championship as a wildcard but caused a shock by beating three older players to finish second.

Edwards who has the Williams sisters as her role model, says she's ready to work very hard to actualise her life dream – to become the first Nigerian female Tennis player to win the Grand Slam.

Marylove has won several titles including the Central Bank of Nigeria Open- U12 Category, the Lagos State All Secondary School event, Ikoyi Club Junior Open, NNPC Junior Open (U14), SNEPCO Junior Open, Midwestern Oil and Gas Junior Open and Gauteng North Belgrave Sportsmans Warehouse Tournament South Africa.

She's definitely a talent we all should be proud of...

http://www.lubeynaija.com/2017/06/i-want-to-be-1st-nigerian-to-win-tennis.html?m=1

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by LubeyNaijaBlog: 1:26am On Jun 27, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by UndisputedBosom(m): 1:26am On Jun 27, 2017
Congrats to you dear

But to "ME" if is not football is not INTERESTIN'

3 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Tolexander: 4:27am On Jun 27, 2017
Edwards who has the Williams sisters as her role model, says she's ready to work very hard to actualise her life dream – to become the first Nigerian female Tennis player to win the Grand Slam.
I will advise her to leave Nigeria to pursue her career in the US.

If she continued staying in Nigeria, she wouldn't win any Grand Slam but those Ground Slams she has been winning in Nigeria.

47 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Tolexander: 4:29am On Jun 27, 2017
UndisputedBosom:
Congrats to you dear

But to "ME" if is not football is not INTERESTIN'
bro, there are many sports more interesting than football.

Just take the time to follow these sports, honestly, you will like them.

4 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by praizephoto(m): 5:11am On Jun 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by PissedOffWeed(m): 6:30am On Jun 27, 2017
cool amazing.... Go girl!!!! You gonna make it....!!!
But pardon my wandering mind, those lap too fresh oh!! I will patiently wait till she clocks 18 then I will continue my renovation plans.
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by davodyguy: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2017
You have to relocate abroad.

You can't do it, living in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Partnerbiz3: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2017
Fine gallll.
May it come to pass.

See below for data shaa..

See testimonies too..

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by DatLagboi(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2017
naso
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2017
Nigeria is the only country without a president. This is what is called "democracy taken too far". Everyone is going on as they wish.......no rule book

Are there volunteers to go get Buhari back or are congressman secretly replacing him? What is happening? Anyone?

I tire

9 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by kevoh(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2017
Marylove Edwards! Nice one! No food for NCAN trolls! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by justi4jesu(f): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2017
I pray she achieves her dreams..Go girl

3 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Mightyraw(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2017
Go girl

Do we have to wait till she grow,
Someone else could have won it before then

Just say you wanna win the grandslam
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 27, 2017
Go for it girl!

Unemployed and without Cash? Check my signature on what to do.

https://www.angelbulksms.com/bulk-sms-reseller
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by holluwai(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2017
So God help you.

Leave those slay queens alone.
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by TrapHedges(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2017
She don de get strong body already tcccwww

1 Like

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Holuwaferanmi(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2017
Hey guys I've created a a WhatsApp group for fellow naruto lovers....
"https://chat.whatssapp.com/JADmgz48wT5DBs6JwKq7Gg' Here is the link
In the group we play naruto RPG battles and also post facts and stuffs about naruto...
You can add my number +2348167380534
Please share this post... Thanks

Please removed one S in the whatssapp and that's the link
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Jaqenhghar: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2017
She needs to leave this hell hole where she has access to good trainers and equipment
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by SUMCIOUZ(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2017
Tolexander:
I will advise her to leave Nigeria to pursue her career in the US.

If she continued staying in Nigeria, she wouldn't win any Grand Slam but those Ground Slams she has been winning in Nigeria.
OLORIBURUKU SOMBORI. GUY YOU ARE VERY FUNNY

1 Like

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by tellwisdom: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2017
Oh she plays pennis?

2 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by sexy74(m): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2017
the most important thing is having a dream and living it which she already has.
she will succeed.
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by vickertony(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2017
Dreams do come true!
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by obonujoker(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2017
Dreamer... by the time dem remove you with quota system, ur head go kpe!

1 Like

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by Vivos: 10:22am On Jun 27, 2017
At twelve years old she already has ambitions. What was I doing then?*scratches head to remember*
sometimes I wish I can turn back the hands of time.

Go girl!!

2 Likes

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by kidman96(m): 10:24am On Jun 27, 2017
12 year old girl being so ambitious... While some mumu dey lose their lives for an unachievable dream called Biafra.
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by dabraska: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2017
I know that girl. Everyday always training with her dad (the man in orange shirt).

I see her becoming the best soon. She's really good.

1 Like

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by mikkypel(m): 10:27am On Jun 27, 2017
Don't doubt me i go bring home grammy..... I no mention name o

1 Like

Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by DieBuhari: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2017
What rubbish name
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by DuchessLily(f): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2017
She even looks like the Williams sisters.. Same face. Carry go dear. I love ur dreams. Strive hard, u will achieve
Re: Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" by plucky16(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2017
yes you can!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mali "Who Is Your Man Of The Match" / Roberto Martinez Leaves Role As Belgium Manager After World Cup Group-stage Exit / Daily Corner Bet Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.