Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (28639 Views)

Poll: Christians: can a non-Christian enter heaven?

Yes: 31% (21 votes)
No: 40% (27 votes)
I'm not a Christian: 27% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by ProfBills(m): 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2005
In john14: Jesus said he is " the Only way" in acts 4:12,no other name by which men shall be saved.and the references are just too many.

But now the multibillion dollar question stands all day long! Can a non-christian who does not believe in Christ go to heaven? I'm talking about Muslims and other religions like the bahi and judaism. Can a well thinking person answer me without any atom of fanaticism? I need cogent proofs.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by ProfBills(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2005
In john14: Jesus said he is " the Only way" in acts 4:12,no other name by which men shall be saved.and the references are just too many.But now the multibillion dollar question stands all day long! Can a non christian who does not believe in christ go to heaven?. I'm talking about Muslims and other religions like the bahi and judaism. Can a well thinking person answer me without any atom of fanaticism. I need cogent proves.

1 Like

Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by oju(f): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2005
jonh 3:3 says that no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. Also no one comes to the father except thru the son.

so if anyone does not belief in God he can not enter into heaven.

U know when Jesus died and he rose up from the grave the 1st place he went to was hell. he did this to give the people who died before the birth of Jesus the opportunity to hear the good news and to accept him as lord and saviour. in the pit of hell he held captive principalities and powers and made an open show of them. remember he took the keys of hell from satan and his held bound until the amageadon war.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by ProfBills(m): 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2005
Oju you spoke well, but did answer my question.the question is can a non christian go to heaven?if yes why, and how? if no, then clear the air for all.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2005
nooooooooo.......... EXCEPT A Man BE BORN AGAIN HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD

1 Like

Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by oju(f): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2005
Hi profbills,

i thought my views were explicit enough
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2005
Those that does the will of God will make it to heven. Heven is for all
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by RhodaRose(f): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2005
ProfBills.

You asked:

the question is can a non christian go to heaven?

but the first time you asked:

Can a non christian who does not believe in christ go to heaven?

Two different questions with two different answers...

Please clarify

RhodaRose
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by layi(m): 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2005
Its d same question rhoda. Can we have a non christian who believes in christ?
A non christian does not believe in christ. If he does he wont be a non christian.

My answer is 'NO'
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Enigma(m): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2005
can a non christian go to heaven

YES

Romans chapters 1-5

John 10:16

and many more from the Bible
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Enigma(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2005
[Quote]
can a non christian go to heaven[/quote]

YES

Romans chapters 1-5

John 10:16

and many more from the Bible
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by RhodaRose(f): 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2005
layi,

You have the wrong idea of what the word "christian" means. This is a man-made word and not a God given name for His Church.

can a non christian go to heaven?

Yes

Can a non christian who does not believe in christ go to heaven?

No

RhodaRose
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 12:31am On Dec 15, 2005
It is not for a mortal man to decide or make a conclusive statement on who goes to heaven or not, however we know what the Lord Jesus himself has set for us when he was here on earth....he is THE way, THE truth and THE life.....not A way, A truth and A life....THE mean it has no alternative.....in the same vein, it is not all who say LORD LORD will inherit the kingdom of God but all those that do the will of God....and doing the will of God STARTS with knowing he sent his son to die as a propitiation for our sins....that is the starting point....certainly not the end point.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Oracle(m): 2:22am On Dec 15, 2005
it depends on where u view christianity from
a christian is someone who acts, behaves, lives like Christ
so someone who behaves like CHRIST, is free from sin and
remains faithful to the end will make it to heaven
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:45am On Dec 15, 2005
Will a good Muslim not go to heaven?
Even tho he believes in God, but does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah...I beg to differ

I think the important thing is to be God fearing, its those that have no faith (athiest) I worry for them
Because they are saying their is no God at all
And also Hindu's i worry for them, because their religion is man made (worshipping cows, and other animals and diety's)

Will a sinning Christian not go to Hell? Will good Muslim not go to heaven?
These are all questions that cannot be answered objectively...Their is no right or worng answer
It is just what you believe in, But i personally believe that those who live a God fearing life will go to heaven

Remember that christianity is an off-shoot of Judaism. In fact The true title for Christians is Judeo-Chrisitans (might be spelt wrong)
Ironically all God fearing religions stem from Judaism (Islam and Christianity)
It would be absurd  to say that only chrisitans go to heaven in my own view...

Remember their was no Christianity or Islam in Africa before they Arabs and The Europeans came...
Does that mean all our ancestors were going to Hell? What of Chineka, or JaJa, or Ataa bway?
Were these not all faith driven gods, that claimed that there was a higher being?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Txlonghorn(m): 5:49am On Dec 15, 2005
Hey Josboy, what school did you go to in jos, I was born in jos.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2005
I didnt Skool their, i have been abroad since i was 7, just 21 hence then name J-town Boy, but i always visit
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by otokx(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2005
i hear there are many heavens so which one are you talking about.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2005
otokx:

i hear there are many heavens so which one are you talking about.

the one which the AUTHOR and FINISHER of your faith reign's and rule's cool cool
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by goodguy(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2005
God decides who stays with Him in heaven.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2005
It is your work, what you do with your FREE WILL God do not care about you. Lucifer is their to tempt you. If you like fail then HELL is there.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2005
goodguy:

God decides who stays with Him in heaven.

not when He had given all that pertain to been with HIM.... have you forgotten..... everyone who believes in the name of Jesus shall be saved (there is no other name under Heaven which you can be saved except the name of JESUS)

so men........ use ur christian tenses to sort urself out......... cool
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by goodguy(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2005
"God decides" is all I said. Did you have to comment on my post?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2005
Hnd-holder:

It is your work, what you do with your FREE WILL God do not care about you. Lucifer is their to tempt you. If you like fail then HELL is there.
So what you're saying is that God is not good
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2005
God is good he has done me well o my soul rise up and praise the lord. This when you are meeting your target.

Oh God Why this Plan Crash now etc that is the other side of him

Why me?

God is not like a man. He has his will he gave you yours. Christian or Non Christian heaven is for those that meet the requirement.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2005
The Koran[2.87] And most certainly We gave Musa (Moses) the Book and We sent apostles after him one after another; and We gave Isa (JESUS), the son of Marium, clear arguments and strengthened him with the holy spirit, What! whenever then an apostle came to you with that which your souls did not desire, you were insolent so you called some liars and some you slew
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2005
The Koran[2.136] Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2005
The Koran[2.253] We have made some of these apostles to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2005
[3.45] When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).
[3.52] But when Isa perceived unbelief on their part, he said Who will be my helpers in Allah's way? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the way) of Allah: We believe in Allah and bear witness that we are submitting ones.
[3.55] And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.
[3.59] Surely the likeness of Isa is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, Be, and he was
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2005
[4.157] And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2005
i hear there are many heavens so which one are you talking about

Many heavens wha?   
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Akolawole(m): 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2005
NOoooooo
Not even all christians we go.
Religion is not a ticket but ur relationship with Christ and quest to follow what he wants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Tee Mac Calls Oyedepo A Money Grabbing Fraud / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Killing Of Worshipers In Catholic Church In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.