Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “if The Lord Called Now - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “if The Lord Called Now (532 Views)

Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) / Shocking: Pastor Adeboye Reveals When He Would Die / Colloquially Called ''now You Know'' App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “if The Lord Called Now by Khodorkovsky(m): 11:17am On Jun 27, 2017
Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “If The Lord Called Me Now, I’m Ready”
By Temi Banjo /
ANew Orleans pastor collapsed suddenly and died in the middle of preaching a sermon at Greater Saint Mary Baptist Church in the Algiers community on Sunday after declaring to his congregation: “If the Lord called me now, I’m ready.”

Pastor Kenneth Green, 56, was preaching on the Book of Psalms in a sermon titled “Down But Not Out” and made an ironic declaration shortly before collapsing, according to church member Joan Martin.

“And then he had mentioned that if the Lord called me now ‘I’m ready to go,'” Martin told local news outlet WDSU.

The sudden death shocked the congregation and Martin burst out in tears when she saw her pastor tumble to the ground.

“He took a swallow of water, before he took water he wiped his face, and then he looked up and it looked like his eyes were rolled back, like there was no life in his eyes, and he tumbled over. Everybody was in a state of shock people were crying,” she said.

Paramedics arrived shortly after he collapsed but were unable to revive him, according to Martin.

She said Green was a kind man who was there for anyone needing prayer and served others by taking sick people to the hospital and helping the homeless.
Re: Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “if The Lord Called Now by DaVinChiSam(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2017
chai
Re: Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “if The Lord Called Now by thesicilian: 11:24am On Jun 27, 2017
Lol. At Heaven's gate the man will be like: "Ha, Baba God, someone cannor play with you?"
Angel Michael: " Gerrarahiere mehn!"
Re: Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “if The Lord Called Now by Khodorkovsky(m): 11:33am On Jun 27, 2017
Lol. At Heaven's gate the man will be like: "Ha, Baba God, someone cannor play with you?"
Angel Michael: " Gerrarahiere mehn!". grin grin grin
Re: Shocking: Pastor Drops Dead During Sermon After Saying “if The Lord Called Now by Dutchey(m): 11:58am On Jun 27, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Top 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees / Christian Trinity: A Doctrine Of Demons / RECAP: Why HITV Failed, By Toyin Subair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.