Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land (3459 Views)

10 Top Funniest And Most Stupid Question Asked On The Internet(pictures) / These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba / Nigeria To Teach Maths, Science Subjects In Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Other Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by HighIQ(m): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
These languages are the top funniest and hilariois language in Yoruba land of south west Nigeria according to HighIQ. How funny do you find these languages?

1) EGBA DIALECT- The speaker of this language are from Abeokuta and its environs in Ogun State. Apart from the fact that the Yoruba Bible emanated from this particular language. It is also very apealing and funny to the hearing. The language is very unique in vocabulary and expression and can be regarded as the funniest language in Yoruba land. A native of Egbaland can easily be recognized in a community and they are often given the nickname."Babal'egba" for man and "Mamal'egba" for woman.

2) IJESHA DIALECT: They are mostly from Ilesha,and other Ijesha environs in Osun state. If an Ijesha man from Ilesha or its environ is to act as a commedian in an event or a movie get ready to laugh out your guts because this set of people are very funny when they communicate with their local language. Some funny and special words and sometimes abusive words are common in the language. The popular actor Olarenwanju Olayinka popular known as Baba Ijesha became the choice of many producers in Yoruba Movies due to his amazing and funny Ijesha language.

3)IJEBU DIALECT: This language is also very funny. No wonder mamy movie producers love to use the popular Yoruba actor Tayo Amokade in most of their movies. The language is very funny and weird expecially to other Yorubas not from the territory. They are mostly spoken by those from the eastern part of Ogun state.

4) BADAGRY DIALECT: This language is mostly spoken by those living at Badagry along the boarder between Nigeria and Benin republic and the Ajase people. The popular Yoruba actress nicknamed "SURUTU" came into limelight after expressing herself in this language in many Yoruba movies of which many Yoruba movie fans really love and found so funny.

5) OYO DIALECT: This is also a very funny language due to some weird and funny modifications in some of the Yoruba words in it. For instance words like "Shi' is pronunced as "si" etc. The speakers of these language also have some weird experession for major common words that cannot but make a non- indigene of this area laugh out loud
Which of these languages do you find funniest? lalasticlala seun

1 Like

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by HighIQ(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
Click like if you are proud to be a Yoruba man

19 Likes

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by Oladimejyy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
Op,coconut fall on you
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by Prechy08(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
The okun tribe of kogi nkor

3 Likes

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by jay2pee(m): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hahahahaha... Very funny
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by INTERMAN: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Seun this should be in the culture section
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by hideraoluwa(f): 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
All Are Funny Especially Oyo And Egba.. I Can Speak Ijebu And Egba Dielects...
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by INTERMAN: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
hideraoluwa:
you are an IJEGBA ni yen o

5 Likes

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
ijebu is damn funny...

Especially the way they inflect their yoruba.
most like "me mo pe" instead of "MI o mo pe".

Texts can't do justice to this sadly, you have to hear it to understand.

Combine this with a natural knack for insults and "orogun" and voila, you have a comedy zone.

grin

As for Oyo (Ibadan ki ni so), I need not comment on it. it gets a lot of insults, some deserved, most not.
"Sophisticated tinz" I guess. grin

And OP, the language the Yoruba Bible was written in is Oyo dialect o. Dunno where you saw it was Egba

8 Likes

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
hideraoluwa:
undecided
And Ekiti, Ilaje, Igbomina, Owu, Ibolo too abi?

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by hideraoluwa(f): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
SirWere:

undecided
And Ekiti, Ilaje, Igbomina, Owu, Ibolo too abi?
Yes Maybe But I Don't Know About Them... Lol, This Ur Face Tho...
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by hideraoluwa(f): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
INTERMAN:
you are an IJEGBA ni yen o
Lol. Which One Is Ijegba Now? I'm Ijebu...
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by INTERMAN: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
hideraoluwa:
Lol. Which One Is Ijegba Now? I'm Ijebu...
lol IJEGBA na mixture of Ijebu and egba since you are good in both.. Na Wole soyinka coin that word o
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
hideraoluwa:
Yes Maybe But I Don't Know About Them... Lol, This Ur Face Tho...
Well I've never heard you speak so I can't say you're trolling...

so Wehdone mah

2 Likes

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by hideraoluwa(f): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
INTERMAN:
lol IJEGBA na mixture of Ijebu and egba since you are good in both.. Na Wole soyinka coin that word o
Alright.
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by HighIQ(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
nice con
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by SoldierBoy1(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
I love Oke Ogun and Ondo dialects. Long live Awa Omo O'odua, Awa Omoluabi... Omo Ile kaaro oojire bi
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by INTERMAN: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
hideraoluwa:
Alright.
uwlcm

2 Likes

Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by MasterKim: 3:53am On Jun 28, 2017
TRASH!! Wat du u mean funny. Hw can a dialect be funny? Are dey cracking joke in d dialect or wat
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by INTERMAN: 7:40am On Jun 28, 2017
MasterKim:
TRASH!! Wat du u mean funny. Hw can a dialect be funny? Are dey cracking joke in d dialect or wat
are u Yoruba?
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by Belmot(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2017
HighIQ:
Click like if you are proud to be a Yoruba man
There is nothing like shi in the yoruba alphbets. Do proper research before you start posting on topics you no absolutely nothing about.
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ijebu dialect is lit!!
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by INTERMAN: 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
Ijebu dialect is lit!!
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
INTERMAN:
You have izzues with that?
Re: TOP 5 Funniest And Hilarious Dialects In Yoruba Land by Omofunaab2: 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
I like the Ibadan dialect especially when it's used to abuse Or mock someone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Understand This Kind Of Admission (pic) / [kavita] Teachers Day 2016 Kavita, Hindi Poem, Rhymes For Kids, Sir, Mam / FUTO 2017/2018 Aspirants Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.