Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,464 members, 7,954,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Another Fraudulent Attempt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Fraudulent Attempt (509 Views)

How Kidnap Attempt On Children Was Foiled In A Church In Lagos. Photos/ Video / "Beat Classic Store": Man Jailed Over Fraudulent Instagram Business Page / Lawyer Kills Lawyer Husband, Cut His Dick, Now In Hospital After Suicide Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Fraudulent Attempt by Alliteration: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
SEE ANOTHER WAY FRAUDULENT GUYS HAVE EXPLOITED TECHNOLOGY TO INFLICT HARM.
This is a new fraud to me. Pls read.
Dear friends
Somebody called me with this phone number 07060714545 telling me he was doing some registrations online and he mistakenly puts my number on what he is registering, that my number is simiilar to his number and that the password of what he was registering was sent to my phone which i actualy saw as 6310.
He was now appealing to me to give him the reset code that was sent to my phone so that he could finish his registration. I told him to call me with the number that he claims was similar to my number so that i can verify his claims , he told me he didnt have credit on that line.
I went online to find out more. Only 2 discover he was actually trying to reset my bank online/yahoomail password and that he is a fraudster, an account hacker and also a 419.
if i had given him the code which was sent to my phone, he would have used it to reset my bank online/mobile app account .. please be careful with fraudsters.

Saw this somewhere and deem it fit sharing...
Re: Another Fraudulent Attempt by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
No!

1. How did he know my account no.
2. How did he know the number linked with my e-mail and account number?
I no believe.

Except that person is very close to me.
Re: Another Fraudulent Attempt by Alliteration: 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
OrestesDante:
No!
1. How did he know my account no. 2. How did he know the number linked with my e-mail and account number? I no believe.
Except that person is very close to me.
It seems hard but with the latest data extraction softwares, it is possible

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: A Lady Have Been Stabed, Intestine Out By A Mad Man At River State. / I Think OPC Is Badoo / Anambra Church Killing, Unspeakable Sacrilege – Buhari Weeps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.