Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Things You Need To Know About Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Things You Need To Know About Programming (1361 Views)

The Only Thing I Know About Programming Is Its Spelling, How Do I Start? / The Sad Truth About Programming Career In Nigeria / Don't Make The Mistake I Made About Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Know About Programming by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
it is realistic to have an idea and build them. You require experience to complete the task . Planning is important for programmer . You need to make plans for learning ,plans for sleeping and plans for building software. Never stop learning watch a lot of videos and read to understand e-books . practice when learning. You can try 100 days of coding to become a better coder, the benefits is very good .

Programming requires consistency in learning. I noticed that the talented programming are settings target/goals each day for learning . Practice makes perfect but if you are doing it wrong you need to go back relearn and ask questions. Learn to do effective research on how to accomplish your take don't depend on one source . Learn to build your own libraries .

If you are really curious about how to create something nice you need to start doing late night coding to learn some new things and build private or personal projects. It is not really a good practice to sleep all the time and expect to build something unique . You need to start it earlier for better and quicker understanding.
Never give up even the master fails many times.
Don't stop learning keep on moving ahead.

Try to focus on one programing language like php when you have master it to some extent you might move to other programing language like java ,python or ruby. Don't be moved by people who know 100 languages .

Associate yourself with other programmer around you to discus and share tutorials to aid faster learning. You can combine effort to build or fund project together and plan . In Nairaland there are many WhatsApp group that has good programmers .

Join coding conference or competition and contribute to open source project on github. This kind to developers works in various companies as a part time staff and get paid. Don't sit down at home and expect Freelance job to land on your table. Be eager to learn.
Follow your passion not just the money.

sometimes you feel tired and having dry eye couple with headache . This is a warning that you need at least two weeks no coding or any strenuous activities. See a doctor. Rest for a while eat well, drink lots of water and eat fruit to regain your strength.

Do not copy this post copyright © proxy20

code and explore!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Things You Need To Know About Programming by Joiedevivre: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
I just want to start learning python an d I would very much love if you can link me up to a python development whatsapp group
Re: Things You Need To Know About Programming by zesh(m): 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
i will also be happy if you can link me with a group preferably python.
thanks
Re: Things You Need To Know About Programming by ggrun: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the piece

(1) (Reply)

Comprehensive Study Guide For Data Science : Learn In 9 Months For Free / Learn Python On Whatsapp / Networking Vs Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.