Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean (668 Views)

Fela Kuti Married 27 Wives And Took Them To Ghana For Honeymoon (Throwback Photo / Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" / Omawumi Meets Wyclef Jean In New York (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by ebusfav: 6:41am On Jun 28, 2017
Set to release his album 'Carnival III: The Fall and Rise of a Refugee', in September 2017, three-time Grammy Award winner, Wyclef Jean, has revealed why his first track off the album was titled 'Fela Kuti'.

In his interview with XXL Magazine, the Haitian rapper and Musician said the lead song is inspired by the Nigerian Afrobeat legend and it samples his 'Eko Ile' track. He went further to disclose that he named it Fela Kuti because he wants kids not just to download the song but Google Fela and know who he's and what he means.

Wyclef also revealed that he  shared some things with the late Nigerian music legend, which includes studying Jazz in the UK, contested for President in their respective countries and had their songs helping the poor masses to reach out to the government.
'I decided to name it Fela Kuti because, for me, I feel like we be thinking of [Bob] Marley, we give a lot of people from our past props, so when the kids hear Fela Kuti, I really want them to Google it.

Fela Kuti studied jazz in England. Wyclef studied jazz at Vailsburg High School. Fela Kuti then went back to his country and tried to help his country by running for president. Wyclef, you know, did the same thing.

Then, Fela, through all his obstacles and all that, his music is what pillared him right back to the top. He understood the strongest way to help politically was to make sure the music was bangin'. So for me, the same way kids can have songs called 'Wyclef Jean' who are influenced by me, I want kids to know who Fela is and what he means.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/lead-single-titled-fela-kuti-wyclef-jean.html

Lalasticlala

Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by veekid(m): 6:42am On Jun 28, 2017
Is this guy African sperm? I watched black November and was amazed
Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by Benjom(m): 6:59am On Jun 28, 2017
I like this. Fela's popularity transcends this environment.
Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by TechPanda(m): 7:01am On Jun 28, 2017
If You Are Bleaching, Go And Listen To Yellow Fever.
Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by nrexzy: 7:03am On Jun 28, 2017
True Afro legend

1 Like

Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by sinaj(f): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2017
TechPanda:
If You Are Bleaching, Go And Listen To Yellow Fever.
very funny music grin

1 Like

Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by TechPanda(m): 7:11am On Jun 28, 2017
sinaj:
very funny music grin
grin You Like Fela Like My Mother's Sister Yougest Son Girlfriend?
Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by sinaj(f): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
TechPanda:

grin You Like Fela Like My Mother's Sister Yougest Son Girlfriend?
This your address sha grin
Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by TechPanda(m): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
sinaj:
This your address sha grin

shocked shocked Who Is That Mami Water On Your Dp? She Looks Like My Next Girlfriend. grin
Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by sinaj(f): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
TechPanda:

shocked shocked Who Is That Mami Water On Your Dp? She Looks Like My Next Girlfriend. grin
abi ur nxt ex wink
Re: 'why My Lead Single Is Titled Fela Kuti' - Wyclef Jean by TechPanda(m): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
sinaj:
abi ur nxt ex wink
Just Showed Your Pic To My Friends Here.
They Are Forcing Me To Hit The Pm Oh cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Shows Her Firm Tips In White Dress / See Cute Picture Of Lionel Messi With His Family On A Tour Santa Fe In Argentina / Rapper U.S Rapper ‘wale’ Cuts Off His Dread – Checkout His New Look (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.