Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Notorious Kidnapper Evans: lessons to be learnt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Notorious Kidnapper Evans: lessons to be learnt (345 Views)

Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Loses In Court / Notorious Kidnapper ''Pencil'' Killed In Lagos / Fortress Of Notorious Kidnapper With 11 Gates Demolished In Kogi State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Kidnapper Evans: lessons to be learnt by Yesitsme(f): 9:01am On Jun 28, 2017
Crime they say doesn't pay but we see people, both old and young venturing into it like oil business. A case in hand is that of the kidnap kingpin "Evans" whose kidnap saga has rocked the news more than President Buhari's travel stories. Based on his confessions and that of his victims, he deserves face the wrath of the law or probably die. But the question on my lip is what can one learn from his situation? As the saying goes' experience is the best teacher' . For me, I will drive home some points that I think everyone must put into consideration especially the youths who are into one form of crime or the other, with the excuse of "No job".

1. Crime seems sweet and helps one make quick money but it reduces one's self esteem and create fear in the culprit. Imagine "Evans" using different names to perpetuate his evil deeds, am sure he is always afraid for his life thinking someone is after him. Sleep will have eluded him most nights as he is always thinking of how to attend a party and not be noticed.
2. Human want is insatiable. Just as my economics teacher taught me back then in secondary school. No person is satisfied with what they have, when you desire 500N and get it, the next is the desire for 1500N and that's how it keeps increasing till one dies. Nothing satisfies man but God....Evans could have stopped when he could but he wanted more and more money.(Greed)
3. Women are the greatest undoing of man. Evans had a wife and five lovely kids but choose to keep women beside. It was that same woman that brought him before the law. A man can be hardened enough not to give away his friend who is a criminal but a woman won't. We love our lives so much that we can't trade it for anything. Evans would probably have escaped if not for his girlfriend. Men becareful.
4. Parents irresponsibility/broken homes. When parents abandon their kids to their fate, crime becomes their next line of action. When you take a walk down to Oshodi in Lagos, you will understand what I mean. There are numerous young ones who pick pockets, they sleep and eat under the bridge and am left to wonder if they have a home. Some of them do, but no one to take care of them. According to the revelations about Evans family, it's evident he is from a broken home and this greatly affected his upbringing. Although, that is not an excuse as I have seen orphans who do well in life. In all you do, please secure a happy home for your kids.
5. Crime isn't the shortcut to success. Evans knew he would be caught some day but he closed his eyes to the voice. He saw it coming but probably said " when that time comes, we will take care of it, let me enjoy this now". The time finally has come.
6. Ladies don't chase after a man for money. I see alot of young girls running to live with a man without been properly married, even having kids for him. Please, if that is your case, run. Because when the chips are down, your standing alone. Am sure Evans wife can explain better as both families know nothing about her lifestyle.
7. Women know what your husband does for a living. Don't assume, KNOW what he does. If possible follow him to work ocaassionally and know his friends. Evans wife claims she didn't know her husband was a kidnapper, I guess she was too dumb and carried away by money that she never cared to know.

That will be if for now. Let's not just read the story but learn from the story. Crime doesn't pay bros...Yes you, I mean you. Stop it.
Re: Notorious Kidnapper Evans: lessons to be learnt by eezeribe(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2017
OK
Re: Notorious Kidnapper Evans: lessons to be learnt by Kingbuhari(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2017
grandpa Buhari I hope u heard this ... ignorance and selfishness doesn't pay

(1) (Reply)

Five Boko Terrorists Ambushed And Killed In A Borno Village / Rate Of Kidnapping Has Reduced Since Arrest Of Kidnapper Evans – Police / Graphic Photos: Another Suspected Badoo Member Burnt To Death In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.