Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry (62082 Views)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) / Nigeria Airways: A Peek Into Its Heydays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by SageTravels: 10:06am On Jun 28, 2017
Indeed there was a country called the giant of Africa. This is certainly unbelievable. The first time I saw this picture I thought I was dreaming but lo and behold it was real. Did I say this Picture about Nigeria Airways will make you cry?

Yes! It will surely make you cry. Can you imagine, 44 years ago, South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia and the United Arab Emirates all indicated interest to learn how Nigeria turned the Nigeria Airways into an intercontinental national carrier with 1,500 destinations across the world, generating N150 Billion naira profit yearly and providing jobs directly for 10,000 Nigerians. Now let me ask you. Are we moving forward or backward?

On the 20th of June 2017, Skytrax announced the world’s top 100 airlines in 2017 at the world airline awards held at Paris Air Show. Ethiopia airline was ranked 48 (First in Africa), South Africa Airways 49 (second in Africa) and Kenya Airways was ranked 91. And recall that the 3 African airlines that wanted to learn from Nigeria 44 years ago are now among the top 100 airlines in 2017.

Top 100 Airlines in 2017

Now let me ask you again. Where is Nigeria Airways? With all the riches and abundance of natural resources, Nigeria cannot boast of one national airline despite the fact that there are about 10 aircraft in its presidential fleet.

http://sagetravels.com/picture-nigeria-airways-will-make-cry/

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Modsenemy(f): 10:08am On Jun 28, 2017
Oil is a curse to Nigeria , hence , the downfall of every other sector.

I hope you have watched the footage of the heavily leaking roof at newly renovated Abuja airport .

These days we don't have business planes , we have private jets owned by the pas...rs

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by SageTravels: 10:10am On Jun 28, 2017
Modsenemy:
Oil is a curse to Nigeria, hence, the downfall of every other sector.

I hope you have watched the footage of the heavily leaking roof at newly renovated Abuja airport.

These days we don't have business plans, we have private jets owned by the pas...rs

I'm just confused. Nigeria was doing very well before the oil stuff. We were ahead in Agriculture, today we are struggling. Despite the numerous Tourist attractions we have in this country We are not even among top 10 tourist destinations in Africa. Sometimes I wonder if we even have foreign students in any of our university.

31 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by jiangchu: 10:15am On Jun 28, 2017
make i sha get visa. i dont even want plenty money i just want to llive in a peaceful and egalitarian society. you need to visit naptu2 thread and see way back. the country is gone

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Larryfest(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2017
Op you don't need to ask where Nigeria airways is rather ask where Nigeria President is or is not when a country has a functioning leader that things go well.......Up until now we still don't know where the President is so how can we know where our national carrier is, our leaders wasted everything good in this country.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2017
I Will Continue To Say It. If We Are To Achieve Anything In This Nation, We Must First Restructure It So That Everyone Will Know Their Stand. Our Leaders Are Not Interested If We Move Forward Or Not But They Always Make Sure We Are Moving; Backward Ever.

10 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by SageTravels: 10:26am On Jun 28, 2017
Lalasticlala myND44
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Baawaa(m): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2017
Our so called rogues and thieves (leaders) destroyed everything because of selves interest.
It shall not be well with those that destroyed this nation

12 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Koval12(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
The good old days. This country can be reckoned to a keg of gun powder, waiting to explode.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by three: 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
When a country is based on cake sharing....

there is ABSOLUTELY no incentive to be competitive,

NO incentive to innovate
NO incentive to exercise independent thought
NO incentive to interrogate ideas

JUST SHARE CAKE
FIGHT to hold the KNIFE
AND JUST SHARE CAKE

There's a fish that's blind 'Astyanax jordani' because ostensibly it lives in pitch dark caves and doesn't need it's eyes as they are no use to it, hence it has evolved into 'blindness'.

Soon enough Homo-Nigerianus won't have BRAINS as they don't require it.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by itiswellandwell: 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hmmmmm. Once upon a time, there was a country that was giant of Africa.

Check my signature for your quality customised Atm card flash drive.

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by seunny4lif(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2017

I never eat since 2 days and you dey talk about aeroplanes.
Who plane help angry angry

Cry ke
If you pay me like 50K per month
I go cry for Nigeria Airway

12 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
I'm not crying cry

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Flexherbal(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
"...recall that the 3 African airlines that wanted to learn from Nigeria 44 years ago are now among the top 100 airlines in 2017."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by lepasharon(f): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
What the hell happened sad

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
My sister was an hostess on there before.

The youths of today do not know what we had.

12 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by chukslawrence(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
Booked
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by DWJOBScom(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
if you will admit that everything cool named investments ended with the no direction of the present President in the year 1982 and 1983 earning us a coup that brought in a further confused leader that ruled for a longer time and handed over to another that spent more on security (for himself) to making the country great and down to democracy which lead to long line of noisy(without purpose) individuals who came in to reap the effort of their noise thereby wrecking the economy further and now the lousy "progressives" as claimed brought back the same wreck and now we can back where we shouldn't be

13 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by freemanbubble: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
Good old days
When men were boys
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Abalado(f): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
why would I v to cry when sm idiot re busy looting our treasury. ,cry kor, laf ni....

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Rick9(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
Oh Nigeria ! How art thy mighty fallen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
jiangchu:
make i sha get visa. i dont even want plenty money i just want to llive in a peaceful and egalitarian society. you need to visit naptu2 thread and see way back. the country is gone

Please share a link.
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by madapcmod: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
That was before quota system became the norm. North has killed Nigeria. Lets keep voting them till they bury Nigeria.

Restructure they say NO, Lets do away with Quota system and allow the best brains run the system, FOR WHERE? I wish i was never born in this CAGE called Nigeria.

30 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by badchoky: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
according to the poster above me,indeed oil is a curse to Nigeria. i pray oh lord let this oil dry up let me see if we are all gonna die

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by olasco36(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
So sad cry
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by twf1: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
I travel by road. How the hell is the pix gonna make me cry? undecided
Here'so to all our corrupt leaders: #Iroko (tree) fall on u#

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by nkowaputa(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
Why will I cry?

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by EagleScribes: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
seunny4lif:
Cry ke
If you pay me like 50K per month
I go cry for Nigeria Airway

Wicked you!!! Now you've made me to shed tears............. Out of laughter
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by CoolFreeday(m): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
Its unfortunate, that's what you get when corruption is a normal thing.
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nutase: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures) / Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.