Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,458 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Education In Nigeria. The Joke - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education In Nigeria. The Joke (196 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Best In Nigeria - THE's University Rankings 2019 / Where To Find ADULT EDUCATION In Lagos: 08139458588 / Why Private Universities Are Stronger In Nigeria - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education In Nigeria. The Joke by justseyi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
EDUCATION IN NIGERIA - the joke.

Over the years, there has been an over due argument between federal universities in Nigeria vs Private universities as to which is better for the Nigerian student, and because of the amount of supporters that federal universities have in terms of student population we've become accustomed to the lie that federal schools are pretty much better than their counterparts. But the truth is, NO. Federal schools in Nigeria are in no way better than private schools. Am certain , if you'd like to be biased, your mind would bring up defenses like "Private schools are like advanced secondary schools" "everybody can buy a first class" "there are no distractions" etc.
Stop for once and be true to yourself. The so called "Advanved secondary schools" have qualified lecturers who take their jobs serious and can't in any way miss lectures except for reasons that the school would approve, unlike federal lecturers who would come at the beginning of the semester and you'd not see them except they are walking to their cars or during examinations. So tell me, how do you compare a graduate who has had 4-5 years of lectures to someone who's lecturer hardly ever comes to class.
Let us move further to the level of incompetence shown by public lecturers, they threaten students, most of us have probably heard statements like "A is for God, B for me,C is for my mother ...." Female students are also a target for Hot lecturers ; I won't deny the fact that such insolence might be present in private schools but I doubt their dominance like federal schools , I've heard stories of how guys were made to spend an extra year in the university because they committed the offense of dating their lecturers favorite.
The issue of development in terms of academic practices in federal schools is also something we should point out, the old bags that claim titles of Professor , doctors and the likes are so lazy to further their teaching abilities in other to produce knowledgable graduates that you sometimes find them using
old notes in class or worst giving 1992 practices in a 2017 class, knowing fully well that over the years new practices have sprung up but they can't just deal...... I'd love to go on and on as to why private schools are a better option for the coming generation than federal schools but I wouldn't want to bore you. I promise to drop more instances in my afterthoughts.

Afterthought 1- The presence of ASUU is another cancer in federal schools, one would think from a distance that they are fighting for advancement of the student body but most times they hold strikes for the increment of salaries, salaries of people who don't even deserve them as they barely do their jobs.

After thought 2- The issue of student projects, one would think that researches and projects which "soon to be graduates " spend sleepless nights working on would set landmarks in their field but most times they end up in a dusty store room, and this information is now known to students that they just do projects so as to make "graduation lists "

Admission without jamb is possible. Kindly could here

http://gnosiseduonline.net/admission-without-jamb/

(1) (Reply)

C_TFIN52_66 Dumps - Here's What SAP Certified Say About It / Business Analyst(ba) Online Training In USA / Urgent Help Needed Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.