Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous (591 Views)

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? / All Other Religion Are None Violent And Can Live Together Except Muslim / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by hoMegas(m): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
Personally I'd go with the tower of babel and Ezekiel 23:20
Re: What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by Caustics: 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
undecided
Re: What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
The whole book is filled with atrocities upon atrocities.... And then someone will tell you that god is "perfect" in every ways possible, but he has issues with his finances and need your tithe money for help.

What a joke.

2 Likes

Re: What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by branhampaul: 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
Deuteronomy 25:11-12
it says that when a lady's hand touches a man's p*nis, her hand should be cut off.

this god is so malevolent!!
Re: What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by KanwuliaExtra: 2:11am On Jun 30, 2017
The death of Jesus.
Very SADISTIC! angry

MrBrownJay1:
The whole book is filled with atrocities upon atrocities.... And then someone will tell you that god is "perfect" in every ways possible, but he has issues with his finances and need your tithe money for help.

What a joke.

GBAM! cheesy
Nothing to add, subtract, multiply or divide.
E.O.D.

Religion is a HUGE JOKE! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
branhampaul:
Deuteronomy 25:11-12
it says that when a lady's hand touches a man's p*nis, her hand should be cut off.
this god is so malevolent!!

Bro that on is even soft, coming from that book, here are a few others:

MURDER/INFANTICIDE IS OK
- If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

SLAVERY IS OK
- You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46

CANNIBALISM IS OK
- If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. Leviticus 26:27-30

- I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another’s flesh because their enemies will press the siege so hard against them to destroy them. Jeremiah 19:9

RAPE IS OK SO LONG AS YOU MARRY YOUR VICTIM
- If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

MURDER FOR BESTIALITY
- If a man has sex with an animal, he must be put to death, and the animal must be killed. Leviticus 20:15

BANG YOUR CHILDLESS BROTHER'S WIFE
- Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. Mark 12:19

STONING OF NON VIRGNS
- If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you. Deuteronomy 22: 20-21

CURSE YOUR PARENTS, YOU DIE
- anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head. Leviticus 20:9

YOU SIN WITH YOUR ARM; LEG OR EYE, YOU CUT IT OFF
- If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell. Mark 9:43

OK TO THROW KIDS ONTO WALLS
- Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. Psalm 137:9
Re: What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by Aaronsrod: 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Bro that on is even soft, coming from that book, here are a few others:

MURDER/INFANTICIDE IS OK
- If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

SLAVERY IS OK
- You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46

CANNIBALISM IS OK
- If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. Leviticus 26:27-30

- I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another’s flesh because their enemies will press the siege so hard against them to destroy them. Jeremiah 19:9

RAPE IS OK SO LONG AS YOU MARRY YOUR VICTIM
- If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

MURDER FOR BESTIALITY
- If a man has sex with an animal, he must be put to death, and the animal must be killed. Leviticus 20:15

BANG YOUR CHILDLESS BROTHER'S WIFE
- Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. Mark 12:19

STONING OF NON VIRGNS
- If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you. Deuteronomy 22: 20-21

CURSE YOUR PARENTS, YOU DIE
- anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head. Leviticus 20:9

YOU SIN WITH YOUR ARM; LEG OR EYE, YOU CUT IT OFF
- If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell. Mark 9:43

OK TO THROW KIDS ONTO WALLS
- Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. Psalm 137:9

You are taking this verses out of context.

God is good.
Re: What Part Of The Bible Do You Think Is Most Gruesome, Violent,and Ridiculous by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
Aaronsrod:

You are taking this verses out of context.

God is good.

Yeah we know, god is so good, perfect even, but yet he has some financial problem and need xtians to hand over 10% of their loot, right?!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Popular OAP In Warri Blast Pastors That Preached That Poverty Is A Sin / Declaration Of Pastor Lazarus Muoka on Nigeria Economy Confirmed Few Hours After / Apostle Omotosho Tope Joseph Dismisses Fake FB Account,warns Followers To Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.