Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do (1063 Views)

Doctors Pls How Can I Treat Molluscum Contagiosum / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by kasany(f): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
Plz Doctors in the house help me oh!!
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by Kondomatic(m): 11:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
Sounds like incantation to me.

Sorry eeh
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by StarFist(m): 1:25am On Jun 29, 2017
Its skin infection. Go to hospital or any good Pharmacy shop
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by marvelling(m): 2:46am On Jun 29, 2017
kasany:

how did you diagnose yourself?! pls go to a Laboratory for a more comprehensive test before you buy drugs or begin any treatment regimen
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by jomoh: 5:13am On Jun 29, 2017
Why does it sound like a spiritual disease.

Have you seen your pastor about it?
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by Lexusgs430: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2017
kasany:

Who diagnosed you ? If it was a health care professional, did they recommend any peroxide based cream or laser blast treatment ? How did you become infected ? Avoid skin to skin contact with people to avoid spread. If you are sexually active, use condom (it reduces spread).........

1 Like

Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
kasany:

Hello. Did you ever find a cure for it?

I got infected by my little niece and it's all over my neck. Hers cleared up on it's own, I expected same thing to happen to me but it didn't. Help?
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by sartorius(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
grin. Don't be scared.just share your evidence
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by Spurdo: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
kasany:
Keep the area clean and dry. The symptoms will clear up within six months to a year. Do not pick at the lesions or attempt to remove them as this may lead to life long scaring. If the lesions naturally rupture gently clean the infected area with a clean sterile clothe and cover with a sterile bandage to prevent secondary infections. If you are willing to spend the money a doctor can prescribe a regimen of oral or topical treatment. Podophyllotoxin cream can be applied to the lesions but is not recommended for pregnant women as it may cause birth defects. Oral treatments include Cimetidine, however while it will treat lesions on the body it is less effective on facial lesions.

Avoid person to person contact until the virus has completely run it's course as you may spread the disease. Unlike other pox virii the Molluscum virus does not become dormant once the symptoms clear and an infected individual may become reinfected after remission. This means it is imperative that you practice proper hygiene and vector control so as to not pass the virus back and forth between people you have regular contact with. The virus is purely dermatological so it can not be spread through coughing or sneezing.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by yazz09(m): 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
Get in touch with professional doctors anonymously, chat with them about your problems and get solutions that you are looking for.

Download the app now https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.burgeon8interactive.Sefdocto
Re: Doctors Plz I Have Just Been Infected With Molluscum Contagiosum. What Do I Do by Lawrittanneka68(f): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
kasany:
get Swissgarde Aloe Power,defender,marina Spa,Tea Tree soap and camphor cream,if interested contact or WhatsAp this number: 08038220168

(1) (Reply)

Hypertension Cure / Help Me Prescribe Drugs/hebs For Rheumatism / 30 Healing Fruits And Their Nutritional Values & Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.