Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis (1913 Views)

BOOK Of GENESIS (Listen to learn how our World was created by GOD) / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Was The Book Of Genesis Just A Cheap Copy Of The Sumerian Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

If some Christians cannot trust the Bible when it talks of geology, biology and astronomy, how then can they say they trust the Bible when it talks about Salvation?
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

If some Christians cannot trust the Bible when it talks of geology, biology and astronomy, how then can they say they trust the Bible when it talks about Salvation?

Why don't those christians trust the bible on geology, biology and astronomy?

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
PastorAIO:

Why don't those christians trust the bible on geology, biology and astronomy?

It is a shame that they trust the authority of man over that of God on such matters.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It is a shame that they trust the authority of man over that of God on such matters.

But how did they arrive at such a pitiful state that they trust Modern Science more than the Bible in matters of Geology, Astronomy, and Biology? Something must have caused it because no matter how stupid human beings are they never do anything without a reason. It may be faulty reasoning, shoddy reasoning, but either way you'll be able to follow the reasoning pattern.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
PastorAIO:

But how did they arrive at such a pitiful state that they trust Modern Science more than the Bible in matters of Geology, Astronomy, and Biology? Something must have caused it because no matter how stupid human beings are they never do anything without a reason. It may be faulty reasoning, shoddy reasoning, but either way you'll be able to follow the reasoning pattern.

They only follow faulty reasoning of man because they don't want to be the odd man out. They seek for popularity not necessarily where the facts lead. If they had been thinking God's thought after Him they wouldn't be misled by man's sinful theories.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

They only follow faulty reasoning of man because they don't want to be the odd man out. They seek for popularity not necessarily where the facts lead. If they had been thinking God's thought after Him they wouldn't be misled by man's sinful theories.

But that is very untrue. A lot of the advances in these subjects were met with much resistance from the wider community so the initial advocates were definately not afraid of being the odd man out.
For sure, Copernicus and Galileo were not seeking popularity when they start Astronomy. In fact the cases are too many of scientists being victimised for their ideas which later, and only later, became accepted. And the reason that they were accepted, often reluctantly, was because they were irrefutable and they worked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

But that is very untrue. A lot of the advances in these subjects were met with much resistance from the wider community so the initial advocates were definately not afraid of being the odd man out.

The initial advocates were into true science not evolution theory which disguises as science nowadays.

PastorAIO:

For sure, Copernicus and Galileo were not seeking popularity when they start Astronomy. In fact the cases are too many of scientists being victimised for their ideas which later, and only later, became accepted. And the reason that they were accepted, often reluctantly, was because they were irrefutable and they worked.

Scientists like Copernicus and Galileo were actually true scientists thinking after God and that's why they were able able to make new discoveries, evolutionary theorists will not and cannot make any discovery unless they steal from creationists worldview. Most discoveries made today were made by scientists who made use of the biblical creation worldview.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The initial advocates were into true science not evolution theory which disguises as science nowadays.

What has evolution theory got to do with the fact that you're talking rubbish when you say that people like Galileo and Copernicus, who advanced science though they were at odds with the general population, only veered from christian dogma to be popular?

OLAADEGBU:

Scientists like Copernicus and Galileo were actually true scientists thinking after God and that's why they were able able to make new discoveries, evolutionary theorists will not and cannot make any discovery unless they steal from creationists worldview. Most discoveries made today were made by scientists who made use of the biblical creation worldview.

O Copernicus and Galileo were true scientists to you now. In spite of being Roman Catholics whom you like to attack as demonic cult.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
PastorAIO:

What has evolution theory got to do with the fact that you're talking rubbish when you say that people like Galileo and Copernicus, who advanced science though they were at odds with the general population, only veered from christian dogma to be popular?

O Copernicus and Galileo were true scientists to you now. In spite of being Roman Catholics whom you like to attack as demonic cult.

The joke is on you who can't differentiate between what a Roman Catholic dogma and the study of creation from the Bible is. cool
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The joke is on you who can't differentiate between what a Roman Catholic dogma and the study of creation from the Bible is. cool

That fact remains that you are a liar when you say that scientists digress from the bible just to be popular.

Copernicus and Galileo were roman catholixs and I know that you don't believe that roman Catholics share your myths and delusions so you are just being anyother envious bigot when you try to claim Galileo.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by hopefulLandlord: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
PastorAIO:

That fact remains that you are a liar when you say that scientists digress from the bible just to be popular.

Copernicus and Galileo were roman catholixs and I know that you don't believe that roman Catholics share your myths and delusions so you are just being anyother envious bigot when you try to claim Galileo.

CC Menxer
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OtemAtum: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OtemAtum: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Human beings trust geology, biology etc more than the bible because geology and biology give true knowledge while the bible mostly gives false knowledge.
The DOCTUFOS spoke of a time like this when human beings would be wiser than the gods of religions who didn't go to do research of the things of God Almighty their creator. So the humans are now actually wiser and more knowledgable than the first beings created by god e.g Allah, Yahweh, Moloch etc, while the gods of findings such as Atum, Jupitus and other creators of the UFOS are still more knowledgable than us because they went into the universe to study the things of Nature and God.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
PastorAIO:

The fact that Copernicus and Galileo were Roman Catholics did not prevent them from following what the Bible said. The Bible said that the earth was (a sphere) round but they did not allow their faulty Roman Catholic dogma that believed that the world was flat to derail them from thinking God's thoughts after Him.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by menxer: 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

CC Menxer
This is serious.

Imagine, saying some are true scientists and others are not.

Is he not aware there is what is called Christian science that researches into spirituality, mind, etc?

Funny guy.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by Makaveli08: 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that Copernicus and Galileo were Roman Catholics did not prevent them from following what the Bible said. The Bible said that the earth was (a sphere) round but they did not allow their faulty Roman Catholic dogma that believed that the world was flat to derail them from thinking God's thoughts after Him.

This is not correct, the Roman Catholic Church did not believe the earth was flat. They did however disagree with Galileo with regards to Heliocentrism.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
Makaveli08:

This is not correct, the Roman Catholic Church did not believe the earth was flat. They did however disagree with Galileo with regards to Heliocentrism.

Thanks for the correction. It is true that the Roman Catholic Church did not believe that the sun was at the centre. Galileo was convinced when he used his new telescope to discover the truth of Copernicus's sun-centred theory but had to pay the price for going against the Vatican's order when he was placed under house arrest.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why you dey lie like this na? Which Roman Catholic dogma said that the earth was flat?

Copernicus did not follow any nonsense bible to believe the sun was the centre. He followed Aristarchus. Aristarchus of Samos was his inspiration and the guy who gave him the initial idea.

It was in the bible that you find that Earth was created first and then the Sun after. The bible places Earth at the center of God's creation and we all now know that that is absolute rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
PastorAIO:

Why you dey lie like this na? Which Roman Catholic dogma said that the earth was flat?

Copernicus did not follow any nonsense bible to believe the sun was the centre. He followed Aristarchus. Aristarchus of Samos was his inspiration and the guy who gave him the initial idea.

I already corrected my mistake in my penultimate post so I don't know why you're going on about it. I've just discovered that the Bible did not say whether the earth was heliocentric or geocentric people just interpreted it either way to suit their theories just as so called Christians are interpreting billions of years and the big bang into Genesis 1:1.

PastorAIO:

It was in the bible that you find that Earth was created first and then the Sun after. The bible places Earth at the center of God's creation and we all now know that that is absolute rubbish.

The fact that the earth was first created has nothing to do with heliocentric or geocentric theories, the narration was just talking about the earth and man being at the centre of God's creation.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I already corrected my mistake in my penultimate post so I don't know why you're going on about it. I've just discovered that the Bible did not say whether the earth was heliocentric or geocentric people just interpreted it either way to suit their theories just as so called Christians are interpreting billions of years and the big bang into Genesis 1:1.

I just follow on from where you quote or mention me. It's not every post of yours that I will read, even in the same thread.

So you corrected your MISTAKE. It was a very interesting mistake, don't you think. I certainly think it is a very interesting and revealing mistake.

Also interesting and revealing is your claim that 'I've just discovered that the bible did not say whether the earth was heliocentric or geocentric'. Let me take a guess. You, only this morning, decided to do the research that you should have done before even opening the thread. You ran to all your biased delusion peddling websites to seek an argument, any argument. probably gotquestions. And that is where you found your new found position.

But back to your mistake...

You said that Roman Catholic Doctrine taught that earth was flat. This mistake didn't just come out of nowhere. I think it is a combination of your desperate need to paint Catholicism in a bad light and a lack of any real knowledge or understanding of what it is that you hate so much about Catholicism.

OLAADEGBU:

The fact that the earth was first created has nothing to do with heliocentric or geocentric theories, the narration was just talking about the earth and man being at the centre of God's creation.

It has nothing to do with heliocentrism but it has a lot to do with your delusion that the bible is scientifically accurate. The earth was created first and then Light for the earth so there could be day and night and THEN, only then, do we have the creation of the Sun and the stars etc..

This is sheer stupidity

1 Like

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
PastorAIO:

I just follow on from where you quote or mention me. It's not every post of yours that I will read, even in the same thread.

So you corrected your MISTAKE. It was a very interesting mistake, don't you think. I certainly think it is a very interesting and revealing mistake.

Next time do your home work before levelling accusations against people.

PastorAIO:

Also interesting and revealing is your claim that 'I've just discovered that the bible did not say whether the earth was heliocentric or geocentric'. Let me take a guess. You, only this morning, decided to do the research that you should have done before even opening the thread. You ran to all your biased delusion peddling websites to seek an argument, any argument. probably gotquestions. And that is where you found your new found position.

I do not claim to know it all unlike you who knows everything that you don't need to read up on issues because you were there when it happened. undecided

PastorAIO:

But back to your mistake...

You said that Roman Catholic Doctrine taught that earth was flat. This mistake didn't just come out of nowhere. I think it is a combination of your desperate need to paint Catholicism in a bad light and a lack of any real knowledge or understanding of what it is that you hate so much about Catholicism.

If you like dwell on the slip of tongue all you like but the fact remains that the RCC persecuted Galileo for teaching heliocentricity instead of geocentricity that they promoted and taught.

PastorAIO:

It has nothing to do with heliocentrism but it has a lot to do with your delusion that the bible is scientifically accurate. The earth was created first and then Light for the earth so there could be day and night and THEN, only then, do we have the creation of the Sun and the stars etc..

This is sheer stupidity

The main issue between us is that while you take man's authority over God's Word I take the view that while the Bible is not a scientific book it is accurate whenever it speaks of science such as geology, biology and astronomy.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
menxer:

This is serious.

Imagine, saying some are true scientists and others are not.

Is he not aware there is what is called Christian science that researches into spirituality, mind, etc?

Funny guy.

There are only scientists that are Christians and those that are not but true science can be practised by either as long as they follow the scientific method and come to the right conclusion which usually confirms what the Bible says. smiley
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by menxer: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

There are only scientists that are Christians and those that are not but true science can be practised by either as long as they follow the scientific method and come to the right conclusion which usually confirms what the Bible says. smiley

so any science that does not confirm bible says is not true science?
smh

what does the bible say about the 97% of DNA in man being inactive?
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I do not claim to know it all unlike you who knows everything that you don't need to read up on issues because you were there when it happened. undecided

If you like dwell on the slip of tongue all you like but the fact remains that the RCC persecuted Galileo for teaching heliocentricity instead of geocentricity that they promoted and taught.

The main issue between us is that while you take man's authority over God's Word I take the view that while the Bible is not a scientific book it is accurate whenever it speaks of science such as geology, biology and astronomy.

Oh yes you do!! You claim to know all the time and you do it with such deplorable arrogance and demonic ignorance.

It was not a slip of tongue. It was an intentional statement that was wrong. A slip of the tongue is when you mean to say something but something else comes out. You meant what you said and said what you meant, and the said and the meant combined together to make an exhibition of your ignorance.

And I put it to you that the Bible is very often wrong when it comes to matters of geology , biology, astronomy, history, zoology, etc etc etc. Wherever you need proof I am happy to provide for you. We are talking about a human book riddled with human error, and adhered to by ignoramuses

1 Like

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
menxer:

so any science that does not confirm bible says is not true science?
smh

Any so called science that does not confirm the Bible is not true science. The theory of evolution is not true science.

menxer:

what does the bible say about the 97% of DNA in man being inactive?

A better question is to talk about the DNA that is active. What do you say about Bananas sharing 50% with humans? Does that make us half bananas? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
PastorAIO:

Oh yes you do!! You claim to know all the time and you do it with such deplorable arrogance and demonic ignorance.

My posts are there for all to verify. And if you are true to yourself you will find out that most of my posts are full of questions seeking answers, but you come across as the professor (ko-fe-so) that knows it all. shocked

PastorAIO:

It was not a slip of tongue. It was an intentional statement that was wrong. A slip of the tongue is when you mean to say something but something else comes out. You meant what you said and said what you meant, and the said and the meant combined together to make an exhibition of your ignorance.

You even claim to know my intentions and yet you are ignorant of basic knowledge of life. undecided

PastorAIO:

And I put it to you that the Bible is very often wrong when it comes to matters of geology , biology, astronomy, history, zoology, etc etc etc. Wherever you need proof I am happy to provide for you. We are talking about a human book riddled with human error, and adhered to by ignoramuses

"And if any man think that he knows any thing, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know" (1 Corinthians 8:2).

He who thinks that he knows and does not believe that he does not know is what? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by menxer: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Any so called science that does not confirm the Bible is not true science. The theory of evolution is not true science.

A better question is to talk about the DNA that is active. What do you say about Bananas sharing 50% with humans? Does that make us half bananas? undecided
@bolded, that is what "make us half bananas"

1 Like

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2017
menxer:

grin grin grin grin We need a clapping emoji.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

My posts are there for all to verify. And if you are true to yourself you will find out that most of my posts are full of questions seeking answers, but you come across as the professor (ko-fe-so) that knows it all. shocked

Actually your pattern is to pick a topic from a demonic website where some stupid ideology is being peddled and then present it in the form of asking a question. After asking the rhetorical question you then post the 'answer' from the website and you show no desire or interest to learn but rather to just blindly push the agenda of your nasty masters.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You even claim to know my intentions and yet you are ignorant of basic knowledge of life. undecided

I don't know your intentions more than what you have exhibited so far. However I do know english grammar and structures.

I know the difference between a Slip of the Tongue and being intentionally wrong.

Where there is a slip of the tongue you might find one word misplaced but once correct the original intent becomes clear.

Where someone is just plain wrong and has intentionally tried to push the falsehood until caught out is a different matter entirely.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"And if any man think that he knows any thing, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know" (1 Corinthians 8:2).

He who thinks that he knows and does not believe that he does not know is what? undecided

A Christian?

Olaadegbu?
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2017
menxer:

PastorAIO:

grin grin grin grin We need a clapping emoji.

We are not the ones who believe that we are talking primates and cousins of bananas (as you atheists, believe).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Belief In God And Science Mutually Exclusive? / Pray Perfect Prayers In The Spirit - Joseph Prince / Possible Ways Sci & Tech are Given To Humans By Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.