Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Meet The 50 Year Old Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet The 50 Year Old Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 (413 Views)

Obituary Of Man Who Died At Age Of 170 In Abia (Photo) / Meet The 50-year Old Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 / 50-Year-Old Man's Joystick Amputated After Using Bottle As Intimacy gadget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The 50 Year Old Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 by street2view: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
A 50-year-old man (Basori Lal) whose height is that of a healthy five-year-old is currently the toast of villagers and visitors to their tiny Indian village.

Basori Lal

As a toddler, there was nothing to distinguish Basori Lal from his peers, and it was only around age five that his family started to notice that he had stopped growing.

http://street2view.com/2017/06/meet-50-year-old-man-stopped-growing-age-5/

However, because they were poor, his family could not seek medical attention to at least know what was wrong with him, and to also see if the situation could be treated.

As reported by MailOnline, Basori was never given a medical diagnosis, and to this day, his relatives have no idea what caused him to be so short.

His 55-year-old elder brother, Gopi Lal, said: “Nobody was able to take him to a doctor. We are poor people, I am a labourer. Where would I take him?”

As Basori grew older, he encountered some tough times and experienced some bullying in his village, but thankfully, those days are past.

He said: “People used to bully me a lot. They used to call me an alien. But that time is gone now. I am the only one who is being loved by the villagers.”

Now, at the age of 50, Basori lives with his brother Gopi and Gopi’s wife, Satia.

The 50-year-old works in a factory with his relatives, and says he enjoys a glass of whiskey every night before bed. He has never married and says he doesn’t want to.

http://street2view.com/2017/06/meet-50-year-old-man-stopped-growing-age-5/

Re: Meet The 50 Year Old Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 by homa29: 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Its really unbelievable
Re: Meet The 50 Year Old Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 by eezeribe(m): 8:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
Oooh... Poor him.what a pity.
Re: Meet The 50 Year Old Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 by somez(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
Growth went on vacation
Re: Meet The 50 Year Old Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 by Flow23(m): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
Probably due to growth hormone deficiency or hypothyroidism ...

(1) (Reply)

Vlogger Accidentally Poisons Herself On Livestream. / 5 Common Foods You Eat That Age The Skin Fast / No More Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.