Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Who Is Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus? (2574 Views)

Jesus FC VS Naija Church Leaders UNITED: And The Winner Is...Jesus Of Course!!! / Why Haile Selassie I Is Jesus Christ Of Nazareth... / Christianity And Idolatry; Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:42am On Jul 01, 2017
My advice, baby Christians should read their Bible rather than read some demonic posts on nairaland.

This post are not good if you are not spiritually rooted in the word.

Study your Bible daily. God bless you.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Dnockeror333(m): 8:29am On Sep 04, 2017
Originakalokalo:

You don't need to post the link. I know this thing.
Besides, I have a lot to study in my Bible.
I have a lot of Holiness to practice. I have a lot of self-evaluation to do so as to be sure if I am still his son or I have defaulted.
I have a lot of prayers to pray against evil
There is no time to read that thing.

Sorry.

Origin, May that God, my God bless you!
I even pasted some of the quotes on my FACEBOOK PAGE!

I was kinda dry mouthed yesterday night when I read the dark-shining book till dawn at 1am. I was aghast.

Take this book from the Earth. It ain't good for flesh to read. If you are a Spirit, please, let us die in Jesus Christ, that at death we might know if God is God, if Jesus Christ is King of Life.

You that there are two scrotal sac life? Okay lets leave our flesh first before you swelled us up with OVERKNOWLEDGE!

It is not good for the human brain to become so swollen with knowledge that will make a man run mad.

Peace...
Re: Who Is Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2017
Jesus is the son of lucifer.......so says the pope...
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Akinbahm(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2017
Originakalokalo:

1. Isaiah 9 vs 6.... Unto us a child is born.....his name shall be called MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER... a prophesy thousands of years before christ.

2. Micah 5 vs 57. Unto me a ruler is to come in Israel, whose going forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

3. John 8 vs 57. Your father Abraham rejoice to see my day and he saw it and was glad......The Jews responded and said..... you are not even 50yrs old....how did you see Abraham?..... He answered them and said....
. verily verily I say unto you, before Abraham, I am..

4. John 10 vs 33. The Jews said to him.. For good works we Stone thee not, but because you makes yourself God. Vs 36...you want to Stone me bcause I called myself the son of God?...isn't it in your law "Ye are gods?" If you are god, who am I?

5 Lastly, Luke 1 vs 35. The angel said to Mary, the power of the holy ghost shall come upon the and what you shall give birth to shall be called the son of God.

Jesus is the son of God.....I will post scriptures to verify that he died for your sins and why the death was necessary.
He is coming back with power and great glory.
Generations of Noah thought it doesn't make sense for rain to destroy the earth. It never rained before.

No matter how long, he is coming back. It doesn't make sense to you.....it will be sudden.

The prophesy of his birth took thousands of years...it happened....
You are in danger if you don't accept him. Why? Even if he doesn't come now, and you breath your last breath on Earth, without accepting him, you re done.
can you tell me the chapter and verse that declared Jesus as the son of God
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
Akinbahm:

can you tell me the chapter and verse that declared Jesus as the son of God

Luke 1 vs 35.

I will give you further scriptures
Even the demons acknowledge it.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Akinbahm(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Luke 1 vs 35.
I will give you further scriptures Even the demons acknowledge it.
Not convincing dear
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Akinbahm:

Not convincing dear

My job is not to convince you.

My job is to preach to you.

The holy Spirit does the work of convincing.

Let me know if you want to learn more about him

Don't bother if all you want to do is argue
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2017
Demons cried out by his name
After ressurection he appeared to his disciples and more than 500 people.
Through the ministry of the disciples, the lame walked the dead rose, etc

This is the only name that can save us.

Other books apart from the Bible bear record.

As a matter of fact, the Bible is a summary of his history.

Jesus is Lord.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:50am On Sep 06, 2017
Read this...

.It was obtained from an archive of s non- Jewish king.

Copy of an epistle written by Abgarus the ruler to Jesus, and sent to him at Jerusalem by Ananias [220] the swift courier.

6. "Abgarus, ruler of Edessa, to Jesus the excellent Saviour who has appeared in the country of Jerusalem, greeting. I have heard the reports of thee and of thy cures as performed by thee without medicines or herbs. For it is said that thou makest the blind to see and the lame to walk, that thou cleansest lepers and castest out impure spirits and demons, and that thou healest those afflicted with lingering disease, and raisest the dead.

7. And having heard all these things concerning thee, I have concluded that one of two things must be true: either thou art God, and having come down from heaven thou doest these things, or else thou, who doest these things, art the Son of God. [221]

8. I have therefore written to thee to ask thee that thou wouldest take the trouble to come to me and heal the disease which I have. For I have heard that the Jews are murmuring against thee and are plotting to injure thee. But I have a very small yet noble city which is great enough for us both."

The answer of Jesus to the ruler Abgarus by the courier Ananias.

9. "Blessed art thou who hast believed in me without having seen me. [222] For it is written concerning me, that they who have seen me will not believe in me, and that they who have not seen me will believe and be saved. [223] But in regard to what thou hast written me, that I should come to thee, it is necessary for me to fulfill all things here for which I have been sent, and after I have fulfilled them thus to be taken up again to him that sent me. But after I have been taken up I will send to thee one of my disciples, that he may heal thy disease and give life to thee and thine."

10. To these epistles there was added the following account in the Syriac language. "After the ascension of Jesus, Judas, [224] who was also called Thomas, sent to him Thaddeus, an apostle, [225] one of the Seventy. When he was come he lodged with Tobias, [226] the son of Tobias. When the report of him got abroad, it was told Abgarus that an apostle of Jesus was come, as he had written him.

11. Thaddeus began then in the power of God to heal every disease and infirmity, insomuch that all wondered. And when Abgarus heard of the great and wonderful things which he did and of the cures which he performed, he began to suspect that he was the one of whom Jesus had written him, saying, After I have been taken up I will send to thee one of my disciples who will heal thee.'

12. Therefore, summoning Tobias, with whom Thaddeus lodged, he said, I have heard that a certain man of power has come and is lodging in thy house. Bring him to me. And Tobias coming to Thaddeus said to him, The ruler Abgarus summoned me and told me to bring thee to him that thou mightest heal him. And Thaddeus said, I will go, for I have been sent to him with power.

13. Tobias therefore arose early on the following day, and taking Thaddeus came to Abgarus. And when he came, the nobles were present and stood about Abgarus. And immediately upon his entrance a great vision appeared to Abgarus in the countenance of the apostle Thaddeus. When Abgarus saw it he prostrated himself before Thaddeus, while all those who stood about were astonished; for they did not see the vision, which appeared to Abgarus alone.

14. He then asked Thaddeus if he were in truth a disciple of Jesus the Son of God, who had said to him, I will send thee one of my disciples, who shall heal thee and give thee life.' And Thaddeus said, Because thou hast mightily believed in him that sent me, therefore have I been sent unto thee. And still further, if thou believest in him, the petitions of thy heart shall be granted thee as thou believest.

15. And Abgarus said to him, So much have I believed in him that I wished to take an army and destroy those Jews who crucified him, had I not been deterred from it by reason of the dominion of the Romans. And Thaddeu
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:26am On Sep 06, 2017
OtemAtum:
Elijah didn't call down any fire. Rather, he made fire from the sun in a practical manner. It is ignorance of the scribes that made them ascribe practical phenomena to spirituality.

He made fire from the sun in a practical manner.

Hehehe.

I studied engineering and still do.

There was no capability to do that at that time... science wise.

Secondly, a king is not a fool . Don't forget that other prophets of Baal attempted Tha challenge for a whole day.

They will be so stupid to allow Elijah to cheat them knowing fully well that whoever lose the challenge will die.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Akinbahm(m): 7:42am On Sep 09, 2017
Originakalokalo:

My job is not to convince you.

My job is to preach to you.

The holy Spirit does the work of convincing.

Let me know if you want to learn more about him

Don't bother if all you want to do is argue
You can't tell me more about him unless you want to tell me the less you knw about him...
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:49am On Sep 09, 2017
Akinbahm:

You can't tell me more about him unless you want to tell me the less you knw about him...

Ok. If you want, I can tell you the less I know about him.

But I can't convince you. He does the work of convincing.
What is it going to be?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Akinbahm(m): 7:59am On Sep 09, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Ok. If you want, I can tell you the less I know about him.
But I can't convince you. He does the work of convincing. What is it going to be?
Am listening...
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2017
All the Jews and non Jews knew that a Messiah was coming who was Christ. They were expecting him.

Many prophets spoke about him and everyone was waiting for his appearance....

But from the book of Isaiah the prophet, Unto us a child is born unto us a son is given. Kingdom shall be upon his shoulder. He shall be called.... EVERLASTING FATHER.....plus other names.

The question is, a son is being called everlasting father.

Now prophesies mentioned his birth, place of birth, and his works.

The angel that spoke about John the Baptist spoke about Christ in Luke......" And that which shall be born Shall be called the son of God.

During baptism, A voice from heaven.....this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased.

John the Baptist was also spoken about by the prophets....He said about Christ.....I don't know this man, but he that ask me to baptise with water told me that anyone upon whom the spirit descend shall baptise with the holy ghost. I bear record that he is the son of God.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:26am On Sep 09, 2017
Many people believed on John's account... because they respected John a lot. Even the Jews feared him.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:35am On Sep 09, 2017
Now, we have this record

.....Angel called him Son of God

......A voice from heaven did the same.
....... Demons called him Son of God
........Nebucadenazar saw the fourth person in the fire in Babylon and said.....the appearance of him is like the son of God. His eyes were opened. This is far back in old testament.
....... Daniel said, I saw the ancient of Days and one like the appearance of the son of Man....In heaven, they did not look like men. This one, however look like the son of man.
........In his his name, demons cried out.
.........I get Revelations of things to come because that same name I believe in
.........I have prayed desperate prayers that were answered in that same name.
....... I am not a pastor just a worker in church. I try to live by his principles and not go to church alone.
With the help of his Spirit, I am a better person in thoughts, actions and deeds.

These are enough reasons to know that that name is of the son of God.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2017
His followers,

1. Stephen prayed for the Jews that stoned him and died.
2. James was thrown from the top of a high temple when he refused to deny him. He didn't die. He was later hit on the head with a club.
3. Peter told them to crucify him upside-down
4. Paul was beheaded.
5. Another one was torn apart by horses
6. Polycap was burned, the fire had no impact.
7. John the beloved was boiled in oil. He didn't die.
A lot of them.

That redeem woman was warned not to preach anymore in Kubwa Abuja. She didn't stop. She was stabbed to death. Redeem church just held her peace.

What do they all have In common?

They know who they served.
They had First hand Experience with him.

The Apostles were able to convince polycap.

I hope you are getting the message?

No MAN WILL DIE FOR WHATEVER HE IS NOT SURE OFF.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2017
Now, pls pray this prayer if you want to have him in your life...

1. Lord Jesus I come to you as a sinner, I believe that you did ressurected for my sins. I ask you to clean up my sins with your blood

2. I believe that you are my Lord and Savior. Pls come into my life and have Dominion. Heavenly father, pls forgive my sis In Jesus name.

Now, look for a BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH. Not a church centered on prophesy alone. I will recommend any church that has overall authority ..a church that is not a one-man church.

Read the Bible DAILY. Start with the four Gospel. Mathew, mark Luke and John.

This is what you are going to start doing.

No more lies....it might be hard at first...You will do it again atimes. Ask the holy Spirit to help u. You are a new person. The same applies to bad thought, adultery, fornication, malice, pride, etc.

Just determine that you will no longer do these things anymore. The holy Spirit will take it up from there. If any of it is difficult, ask him to help you.

Watch your heart most of all. Don't allow any evil there. Holy Spirit will then take care of the rest.

You will begin to grow. If you fall again, stand up. Dust your self and remind yourself who you.are. Be determined.

A time will come, you won't fall anymore.
You are.like a child Who is trying to walk.
Be determined.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2017
The blood of the lamb saved Israelites from destruction in Egypt.

The Angel that killed the first born of Egyptians did not enter the Israelites house when he see the blood.

The lamb from which they got the blood had to be without spot.

Jesus is the lamb of the world. You don't want death? Accept his blood.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
Make yourself available and the blood of Jesus will attone for you.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by HiddenManna(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Jesus is the lover os my soul who took me from the miry clay.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2017
HiddenManna:
Jesus is the lover os my soul who took me from the miry clay.

I am happy for you. Serve him with all your heart. Do his will and he will continue to fight for you.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
Jesus is the prince of peace.

The kingdom of God cometh.

Evil will not be there because the prince of peace shall reign.

Glory to the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob. To him who is sitted between the Cherubims, The Ancient of Days. To him be glory honour and Dominion now and forever. Amen.

And to his lamb kingdom, honour power and majesty
Amen
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2017
Without Jesus you will die in your sins.

And when you do, your soul shall drift away into everlasting darkness.you have been warned.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2017
Jesus is the ressurection and the life.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2017
In his name, your sins are forgiven
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2017
It is his blood that purifies your soul.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2017
He is the son of God.

His names are comforter, healer, Everlasting father. Price of peace.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by ysyowel(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
Do you know that every chapter of the Gospel of John has one or more portraits (pictures) of our Lord Jesus Christ? In chapter one Jesus Christ was seen as: The Word of God John1:1, The Lamb of God John 1:29 etc.
*Miracle Worker Chapter 2:11,23
*Son of God Chapter 3
*Living Water Chapter 4.
*Center of the Scripture Chapter 5:39.
*Bread of life Chapter 6:35.
*Giver of the Spirit Chapter 7:38-39.
*Light of the world Chapter 8:12 Son of Man Chapter 9:35.
*Good Shepherd Chapter 10:11
*The resurrection and the life Chapter 11:25.
*King of Israel Chapter 12:13
*I AM Chapter 13:19.
*The way the truth and the life Chapter 14:6.
*True Vine Chapter 15:1.
*Prophet Chapter 17:1-4.
*Our intercessor Chapter 17
*King of the Jews Chapter 18 & 19.
*The resurrected King Chapter 20:9-15.
*All knowing Chapter 21:17.
...The portraits are more than these but i chose this few ones so to remain you that Jesus Christ is EVERYTHING

www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/titles-of-jesus-in-the-gospel-of-john-faq.htm

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
Jesus is as real as super man or Harry Potter......... Just a joke that went too far...

3 of the delegates of the council of Nicea who felt guilty of the deception they had done on man kind wrote a letter to emperor Constantine of their intention to take their name off the Nicean creed..But he would not have none of it....Eusebius,Athanasius' and Ireanius.....
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2017
ysyowel:
Do you know that every chapter of the Gospel of John has one or more portraits (pictures) of our Lord Jesus Christ? In chapter one Jesus Christ was seen as: The Word of God John1:1, The Lamb of God John 1:29 etc.
*Miracle Worker Chapter 2:11,23
*Son of God Chapter 3
*Living Water Chapter 4.
*Center of the Scripture Chapter 5:39.
*Bread of life Chapter 6:35.
*Giver of the Spirit Chapter 7:38-39.
*Light of the world Chapter 8:12 Son of Man Chapter 9:35.
*Good Shepherd Chapter 10:11
*The resurrection and the life Chapter 11:25.
*King of Israel Chapter 12:13
*I AM Chapter 13:19.
*The way the truth and the life Chapter 14:6.
*True Vine Chapter 15:1.
*Prophet Chapter 17:1-4.
*Our intercessor Chapter 17
*King of the Jews Chapter 18 & 19.
*The resurrected King Chapter 20:9-15.
*All knowing Chapter 21:17.
...The portraits are more than these but i chose this few ones so to remain you that Jesus Christ is EVERYTHING

www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/titles-of-jesus-in-the-gospel-of-john-faq.htm

True.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:32am On Nov 27, 2017
Look at what he told Nathaniel:

Behold an Israelite, in whom there is no guile.

Nathaniel said: From where did you know me?

Jesus said,

BEFORE PHILIP CALLED YOU, WHEN YOU WERE UNDER THE FIG TREE, I SAW YOU.

Jesus sees you. He knows who you are.

Jesus joined the boat of his disciples,

AND IT GOT TO LAND IMMEDIATELY..

Invite him into your heart today. And you will never thirst again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Stoning Of Stephen - Why...? / Shiloh 2009- A Great Sucess. / Pastor Vacates Church Because He Is Too Famous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.