Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? (1173 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Phonefanatic: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
This happened to me about 7 years ago and anytime it flashes through my mind I feel like there is more to life even though 80% of me don't believe in the drama of the church I see around.

There is this young lady back then called sister favor who started self style mountain of fire kind of church in my community and from the rumors going around then people said she got an encounter with God and was told to start the fellowship.

Like 2 months after the whole news my mum and siblings became members of the church leaving me behind due to my phobia for the whole fake drama going on in churches. After several weeks I decided to stroll there to see the whole happenings my family kept talking about each time they are back from church and like I expected nothing so surprisingly besides seeing local old women and a few young fellas, I took seat number 18 and waited patiently for my turn. After about 1hr I went in to see the lady with a mindset of " grin grin grin" in fact I was after the drama, she prayed and said everything was okay with me lipsrsealed undecided. In my mind I was like "So others are sick patients grin" I then dashed out and waited till the church program started at about 1pm.

Now the lady started the usual praise and worship songs but kept saying she was not happy with the mood of the members who looked dull and weak to praise God and truly the atmosphere left me disappointed on my very first day . We were still trying to build the vibe when group of about 8 people rushed into the church with a little girl of about 10 years old who was totally unconscious, body looked completely dead as she was carried like a piece of clothe cry cry. In my whole life it was the first time my heart bled seeing a helpless mother weeping uncontrollably and trying to revive her almost dead daughter. At that moment most people in the church were weeping and praying but for me I was deeply hurt and tortured that I verbally wished God could give me power to heal this girl for her mum.

The lady of God said we should pray that the little girl is far gone and she doesn't have the power to do nothing besides prayer. While in the process of praying and anointing the girl all over on the floor she suddenly called me to help her hold the bottle of anointing oil which I did not knowing it was my encounter time, I began to feel the bottle becoming extremely hot I mean very hot and the inner fire moved from my palm and took over me, all my body was seriously burning deep inside even though I was calm, it got to a point I could longer open my eyes it was then people noticed something was happening to me. I could hear the pastor saying everyone should leave me, the fire in me was just too hot to contain that I started saying things I don't know, feeling so dizzy I was wandering around not knowing the exact position I was but then I was somehow lead straight to where they shifted the little girl to, I pulled her up and hugged her with my eyes still close then I felt this fire leaving my body toward her till everything drained off then I feel on the floor. I could only hear people shouting and saying "Thank you Jesus" .

I really don't know how long I was on the floor but when I got up I saw the little girl on the chair eating biscuits, her mother rushed me saying thank you and all the members were congratulating me undecided undecided. After the whole thing the pastor said I should join the church that God just called me shocked shocked shocked. My mom was there looking at me still puzzled. Pastor told me I healed the girl that she regained consciousness and became normal that moment I picked her up and grabbed her............ I told myself God only used me that very moment to bring the girl back to life.

Here I am today still with my mindset but this encounter always gives me a second thought whenever I flash back at it.

Was I really called?
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by braimeddy: 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
Let's see the video clip

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by braimeddy: 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
Let's see the video clip.

Guess u must be a pastor now since it happened 7yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by ITbomb(m): 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
No you were not called, you are a vessel
Read Eph 4:11

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
Phonefanatic:
This happened to me about 7 years ago and anytime it flashes through my mind I feel like there is more to life even though 80% of me don't believe in the drama of the church I see around.

There is this young lady back then called sister favor who started self style mountain of fire kind of church in my community and from the rumors going around then people said she got an encounter with God and was told to start the fellowship.

Like 2 months after the whole news my mum and siblings became members of the church leaving me behind due to my phobia for the whole fake drama going on in churches. After several weeks I decided to stroll there to see the whole happenings my family kept talking about each time they are back from church and like I expected nothing so surprisingly besides seeing local old women and a few young fellas, I took seat number 18 and waited patiently for my turn. After about 1hr I went in to see the lady with a mindset of " grin grin grin" in fact I was after the drama, she prayed and said everything was okay with me lipsrsealed undecided. In my mind I was like "So others are sick patients grin" I then dashed out and waited till the church program started at about 1pm.

Now the lady started the usual praise and worship songs but kept saying she was not happy with the mood of the members who looked dull and weak to praise God and truly the atmosphere left me disappointed on my very first day . We were still trying to build the vibe when group of about 8 people rushed into the church with a little girl of about 10 years old who was totally unconscious, body looked completely dead as she was carried like a piece of clothe cry cry. In my whole life it was the first time my heart bled seeing a helpless mother weeping uncontrollably and trying to revive her almost dead daughter. At that moment most people in the church were weeping and praying but for me I was deeply hurt and tortured that I verbally wished God could give me power to heal this girl for her mum.

The lady of God said we should pray that the little girl is far gone and she doesn't have the power to do nothing besides prayer. While in the process of praying and anointing the girl all over on the floor she suddenly called me to help her hold the bottle of anointing oil which I did not knowing it was my encounter time, I began to feel the bottle becoming extremely hot I mean very hot and the inner fire moved from my palm and took over me, all my body was seriously burning deep inside even though I was calm, it got to a point I could longer open my eyes it was then people noticed something was happening to me. I could hear the pastor saying everyone should leave me, the fire in me was just too hot to contain that I started saying things I don't know, feeling so dizzy I was wandering around not knowing the exact position I was but then I was somehow lead straight to where they shifted the little girl to, I pulled her up and hugged her with my eyes still close then I felt this fire leaving my body toward her till everything drained off then I feel on the floor. I could only hear people shouting and saying "Thank you Jesus" .

I really don't know how long I was on the floor but when I got up I saw the little girl on the chair eating biscuits, her mother rushed me saying thank you and all the members were congratulating me undecided undecided. After the whole thing the pastor said I should join the church that God just called me shocked shocked shocked. My mom was there looking at me still puzzled. Pastor told me I healed the girl that she regained consciousness and became normal that moment I picked her up and grabbed her............ I told myself God only used me that very moment to bring the girl back to life.

Here I am today still with my mindset but this encounter always gives me a second thought whenever I flash back at it.

Was I really called?
in your heart of hearts what do you think? If you were called would you obey?

My advice for you is to go and seek God and you shall find him, and he shall answer you. With prayer

Perharps God used you as an intrument of deliverance and healing. Who knows he might visit you again.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Zither(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
All I can tell you is that it wasn't an accident. You were there at the right time. God led you there through your decision. The best you can do for yourself is to seek to know God. He alone knows your future, your purpose in life. I believe that little girl was just one of many people tied to your destiny. If you don't fulfill it.... hmmm.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Phonefanatic: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
in your heart of hearts what do you think? If you were called would you obey?

My advice for you is to go and seek God and you shall find him, and he shall answer you. With prayer

Perharps God used you as an intrument of deliverance and healing. Who knows he might visit you again.

If I am called of course I will but in a true church.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Phonefanatic: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
Zither:
All I can tell you is that it wasn't an accident. You were there at the right time. God led you there through your decision. The best you can do for yourself is to seek to know God. He alone knows your future, your purpose in life. I believe that little girl was just one of many people tied to your destiny. If you don't fulfill it.... hmmm.

Seriously my mind is just too messed up to believe anything I'm this kind of seeing is believing oerson. Call me Thomas I agree. Do you think there is any way this can be worked on?
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Phonefanatic: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
ITbomb:
No you were not called, you are a vessel
Read Eph 4:11

Not far from it.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Zither(m): 7:57am On Jul 01, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Seriously my mind is just too messed up to believe anything I'm this kind of seeing is believing oerson. Call me Thomas I agree. Do you think there is any way this can be worked on?

Start from somewhere. Anywhere. Begin by asking God to help you believe in Him more. Take a step....then another step. Don't be in a haste to make strides. One little step of faith after another....and before you realize it you have covered a very good distance in your spiritual growth. Read books by seasoned giants of the Faith in addition to reading your Bible daily. Pray regularly. Be persistent and consistent in maintaining your daily spiritual exercises. Tap from the spiritual knowledge base of other believers and couple that with filling your mind with the things of God. It will take time but you will get there if you don't give up. No rush when it comes to seeking and following God. God is never in a hurry. He will order the steps of a righteous man.

I am not a so-called expert in the things of God. I am still learning like many others; there is no end to learning. I have only given you some of the things that have helped me in my spiritual walk in Christ. Like I said, one baby step after another will make you a mature believer in time.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by urheme: 8:17am On Jul 01, 2017
Phonefanatic:

If I am called of course I will but in a true church.

What a testimony!!!!

You have contacted the gift of healing.....go to the hospitals were there are sick people and do your work....this has nothing to do with church.

If you don't use the gift, it will be taken from you and given to someone else and God will disgrace you.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Zither(m): 8:32am On Jul 01, 2017
urheme:

What a testimony!!!!

You have contacted the gift of healing.....go to the hospitals were there are sick people and do your work....this has nothing to do with church.

If you don't use the gift, it will be taken from you and given to someone else and God will disgrace you.

Just like that?
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Phonefanatic: 9:21am On Jul 01, 2017
urheme:

What a testimony!!!!

Bro it is not that easy. I noticed the problem of believe and faith for instance few minutes before that encounter I was deeply hurt like never before and wished the power to heal could come upon me...... I was 100% open to it and wished for God to give the power to me which somehow happened.

I doubt a lot, I was even in my usual doubt mood concerning the whole drama going on at the church when the kid was rushed in.

I sincerely don't know the church that could help I don't want to fall in the trap of being used the wrong way.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Phonefanatic: 9:32am On Jul 01, 2017
Zither:

Start from somewhere. Anywhere. Begin by asking God to help you believe in Him more. Take a step....then another step. Don't be in a haste to make strides. One little step of faith after another....and before you realize it you have covered a very good distance in your spiritual growth. Read books by seasoned giants of the Faith in addition to reading your Bible daily. Pray regularly. Be persistent and consistent in maintaining your daily spiritual exercises. Tap from the spiritual knowledge base of other believers and couple that with filling your mind with the things of God. It will take time but you will get there if you don't give up. No rush when it comes to seeking and following God. God is never in a hurry. He will order the steps of a righteous man.

I am not a so-called expert in the things of God. I am still learning like many others; there is no end to learning. I have only given you some of the things that have helped me in my spiritual walk in Christ. Like I said, one baby step after another will make you a mature believer in time.

Thank you so much. Is there any church you can recommend that teaches deeply on faith? I've gone to a few churches but usually stop once I begin to hear the issue of money here and there. I feel like people are being extorted then develop a repulsive mind to the teachings. If God wants to use me to heal then let me heal and walk away. Putting a smile on someone's face is 100% enough for me I can always work and make money.

If I had my way I will need a private coach or a spiritual church.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by urheme: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Bro it is not that easy. I noticed the problem of believe and faith for instance few minutes before that encounter I was deeply hurt like never before and wished the power to heal could come upon me...... I was 100% open to it and wished for God to give the power to me which somehow happened.

I doubt a lot, I was even in my usual doubt mood concerning the whole drama going on at the church when the kid was rushed in.

I sincerely don't know the church that could help I don't want to fall in the trap of being used the wrong way.

God uses the foolish things to do wonders....I was a constructive atheist on this same forum until i experience the power of God move also in a church gathering and since then, powers upon powers landing me....by the mercies of God i was healed even when i am faithless...i connected to the divine health of God.....this is real

My brother all these gift are real.....even faith is a gift.....the doubt will be blasted off you some day. please heal freely MATHEW 10 Vs 7-10
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by urheme: 9:58am On Jul 03, 2017
Zither:

Just like that?

Just like that.

The word of God must not return empty.......The gift is not for him but for the good of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Phonefanatic: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2017
urheme:

God uses the foolish things to do wonders....I was a constructive atheist on this same forum until i experience the power of God move also in a church gathering and since then, powers upon powers landing me....by the mercies of God i was healed even when i am faithless...i connected to the divine health of God.....this is real

My brother all these gift are real.....even faith is a gift.....the doubt will be blasted off you some day. please heal freely MATHEW 10 Vs 7-10

The ways of God is completely different for our ways from what I've observed and experienced. God blesses who he wants to irrespective of where you are or who you are. Sometimes you doubt his existence and he shows you what you can't explain grin

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by NoWorries7(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Compassion is a unique ability, found in all great servants of GOD... Love is greater than faith.
Some servants of GOD, are meant to go true great pains, to be able to feel what others feel, their suffering, their well-being.That's why I said, that women found it easier to connect to GOD, than men...
Try to remember that feeling, try praying GOD with that feeling...

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by NoWorries7(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Compassion can override faith...
And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with COMPASSION toward them, and he healed their sick.
Matthew:14:14
The multitude didn't have to believe, inorder to be healed... Having Compassion for people, is a very unique gift... Show me a man of GOD, without Compassion... And I will show you a false prophet. This sums it all: freely ye was given, freely ye give...

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Davoneskay(m): 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
My brother! Ask God to reveal answers to your questions to you in a dream. I have done this several times by asking him about various churches and GOs. I always get clear answers despite my weak faith. Always ask him anything b4 bedtime.

1 Like

Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by urheme: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
Davoneskay:
My brother! Ask God to reveal answers to your questions to you in a dream. I have done this several times by asking him about various churches and GOs. I always get clear answers despite my weak faith. Always ask him anything b4 bedtime.

please can you recommend a Christlike G.O for me......
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Davoneskay(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
urheme:

If I tell u wetin I don c, you go fear. Just ask God for anyone repeatedly He go show you.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by urheme: 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Davoneskay:

If I tell u wetin I don c, you go fear. Just ask God for anyone repeatedly He go show you.

Repeatedly
embarassed

This was how you kept me in atheism....God is not a deaf.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Davoneskay(m): 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
urheme:

Repeatedly
embarassed

This was how you kept me in atheism....God is not a deaf.
I said "ask your creator". If you're an atheist, how will you get what a believer has got? How did you know "God" is not deaf if u are an atheist? I ask till I get results just as d widow did in the bible (Luke 18:1-cool. To be sincere, he responds quickly or when I least expected.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by Davoneskay(m): 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
urheme:

Don't moderate your steps after humans...let Christ be your model.
Re: Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? by urheme: 8:39am On Jul 12, 2017
Davoneskay:

Don't moderate your steps after humans...let Christ be your model.

I agree with you Sir.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Why Do You Call Benny Hinn A Scammer? / . / Book Of John (listen to JESUS & things that took place during HIS time on Earth)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.