Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria (1667 Views)

Investments You Can Never Go Wrong With / 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life / ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS YOU CAN MAKE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria by MathsChic(f): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hello All,

We have seen the rise (and of course fall) of sundry get-rich-quick investment schemes which all have the tinge of MMM to it. Though many have not learnt and continue to invest their hard-earned (perhaps not!) cash in these schemes, most who have been burnt and burnt hard have practically desisted from maintaining accounts with these Ponzi and pseudo-Ponzi investments. For those who have been burnt but who still seek to invest in legitimate concerns, please read on...

Today, I'll share with you a few verified means of actually making real money in Nigeria. These are not schemes with interest rates of 50 or 100%; not the types where you lose your money. Instead, they preserve your principal and actually help you rake a decent interest over your savings.

1. Fixed Deposit (6-10% annually)
You make fixed deposit investments with virtually all banks in Nigeria. Depending on such bank, you can reap interests of between 6-10%. Your negotiating power also comes into play. And should you boast sizeable savings in the million range, you could make something really worthwhile over several months. Fixed deposit investments are typically long term investments, are compounded and your bank can provide you with a monthly report on how your investment is growing.

2. Treasury Bills (~18% for 365 days)
You can make up to 18% in a year with treasury bills. For the long term investor, clearly this seems a better bargain than fixed deposits. Enquire from your local bank how you can invest in treasury bills. Though they may hesitate a bit in providing directions, continual persistence always makes them yield.

3. Mutual Funds (varying rates, ~15% on the average)
There are a host of investment firms offering the opportunity to invest in mutual or guaranteed funds. These investment firms basically help coordinate your funds by strategically placing it in treasury bills, bonds or fixed deposits, while taking their cut off the profits it yields. You should certainly consider putting your millions in these investments if you are the typical long term investor. Some of these firms are ARM, First Bank Capital, Stanbic IBTC investment arm, etc. Google them

4. Farmcrowdy (sundry offers such as 15% in 5 months)
Farmcrowdy helps connect sponsors with farmers. As a sponsor you put some money into Farmcrowdy which they in turn provide to farmers who farm with the money and generate profit. Farmcrowdy then refunds you your principal with interest. Quite a beautiful idea.
Watch on www.farmcrowdy.com when they make new farms available. Apparently, the farms are selling real fast, with the farms often selling out in less than a day on their sites. The good thing: your money is insured, i.e. should the farm or farmcrowdy fail, you are certain to get your money back, but without interest. However, that has not happened so far since the firm started operations.

5. Bitcoin
If only because it's a reliable store of value.

I hope these help smiley

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria by henryhemon(m): 1:34am On Jul 01, 2017
Very useful post however I find Bitcoin a little too risky basically seems everyone is on it. I like farmcrowdy seems more interesting and also a finance person treasury bills pays and very secure but it's for the those who has millions to spare. Didn't know there are ladies who are very smart and hard-working still left in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria by Deeldorado: 9:14am On Jul 04, 2017
Thank you Mathschic. I know about the others except for Farmcrowdy. That's such a novel idea and I would definitely want to invest in that and support farmers.
Re: Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria by Deeldorado: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2017
MathsChic:
Hello All,

We have seen the rise (and of course fall) of sundry get-rich-quick investment schemes which all have the tinge of MMM to it. Though many have not learnt and continue to invest their hard-earned (perhaps not!) cash in these schemes, most who have been burnt and burnt hard have practically desisted from maintaining accounts with these Ponzi and pseudo-Ponzi investments. For those who have been burnt but who still seek to invest in legitimate concerns, please read on...

Today, I'll share with you a few verified means of actually making real money in Nigeria. These are not schemes with interest rates of 50 or 100%; not the types where you lose your money. Instead, they preserve your principal and actually help you rake a decent interest over your savings.

1. Fixed Deposit (6-10% annually)
You make fixed deposit investments with virtually all banks in Nigeria. Depending on such bank, you can reap interests of between 6-10%. Your negotiating power also comes into play. And should you boast sizeable savings in the million range, you could make something really worthwhile over several months. Fixed deposit investments are typically long term investments, are compounded and your bank can provide you with a monthly report on how your investment is growing.

2. Treasury Bills (~18% for 365 days)
You can make up to 18% in a year with treasury bills. For the long term investor, clearly this seems a better bargain than fixed deposits. Enquire from your local bank how you can invest in treasury bills. Though they may hesitate a bit in providing directions, continual persistence always makes them yield.

3. Mutual Funds (varying rates, ~15% on the average)
There are a host of investment firms offering the opportunity to invest in mutual or guaranteed funds. These investment firms basically help coordinate your funds by strategically placing it in treasury bills, bonds or fixed deposits, while taking their cut off the profits it yields. You should certainly consider putting your millions in these investments if you are the typical long term investor. Some of these firms are ARM, First Bank Capital, Stanbic IBTC investment arm, etc. Google them

4. Farmcrowdy (sundry offers such as 15% in 5 months)
Farmcrowdy helps connect sponsors with farmers. As a sponsor you put some money into Farmcrowdy which they in turn provide to farmers who farm with the money and generate profit. Farmcrowdy then refunds you your principal with interest. Quite a beautiful idea.
Watch on www.farmcrowdy.com when they make new farms available. Apparently, the farms are selling real fast, with the farms often selling out in less than a day on their sites. The good thing: your money is insured, i.e. should the farm or farmcrowdy fail, you are certain to get your money back, but without interest. However, that has not happened so far since the firm started operations.

I hope these help smiley

I have a similar business idea like Farmcrowdy MathsChic. Can I email you to share your input? Thanks
Re: Legitimate Investments You Can Make In Nigeria by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2017
Makes sense.
Not like some fellows recent post saying the young people should abandon school for snail farming.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

11 Best Performing Hedge Funds In The World / BETTER THAN FOREX (boom And Crash) / Guide To Investing In FGN Bonds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.