Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal (1590 Views)

Jay-Z 's Magna Carta Holy Grail To Be Released On July 4th / D'banj Isnt In Illuminati! Neither Kanye Nor Jay-z! Its A Publicity Stunt! / "de Ja Vu" Beyonce And Jay-z (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by eldee(m): 1:08am On Jan 29, 2010
[size=16pt]JAY-Z snubs City to support Arsenal[/size]

Rapper Jay–Z has cleared up confusion over which football he supports by admitting that he follows Arsenal and his favourite player is captain Cesc Fabregas. Last year the multi-award winning rapper was seen at Manchester City’s Eastlands ground prompting widespread media attention that the entertainer, married to Beyonce Knowles, was a life long Blues fan.

Manchester City already boast Noel and Liam Gallagher from Oasis as fans, as well as boxer Ricky Hatton and Bernard Manning. While Arsene Wenger's Arsenal's A-list includes John Lydon, Dido, Roger Taylor, Tony Hadley, Shovel and Rachel Stevens.
However, Sport.co.uk can now reveal that Jay-Z is a proud Arsenal fan:

"I'm glad Arsenal now know it's them I support", Hova explained, confirming plans to meet up with the team in the future.
"It would be good to chat with Cesc and some of the other guys over lunch", said Jay.

"The next time I'm playing in England I would like the Arsenal players to come and watch my gig and then come backstage afterwards.
"I know how hard professional sportsmen work so I want to offer an incentive for the guys", he commented.

While Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been coy on his transfer dealings, with no known concrete offers on the table at this moment in time.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/33063/JAY-Z_snubs_City_to_support_Arsenal.aspx
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by eldee(m): 1:11am On Jan 29, 2010
Erm . . . first of all, I dunno what section this is meant to go to.
On second thought, I think it should go to Sports . . . sh[i]i[/i]t

Aiite that settled, if you're not a Gooner . . . EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!! grin grin
Arsenal is hateproof so no one sends y'all.
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by A40(m): 1:15am On Jan 29, 2010
Hehehe its the Roc! I think its high time Jigga put his money where his mouth was and loan Arsene 5millie so he can cop a striker before the end of the window
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by eldee(m): 1:21am On Jan 29, 2010
Even if Bill Gates decides to hand Arsene a blank cheque, he won't still sign a striker.

I think we should host a Jay-Z concert at the Emirates to boost sales.
He sold out Wembley, Emirates won't be hard. cheesy cheesy

Where are the haterzz?? It must suck being a Chelsea fan.
The only celeb that supports Chelsea is Wande Coal grin grin grin
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by A40(m): 2:06am On Jan 29, 2010
You forgot to add Saheed Osupa (Big Daddy)

If Arsene messes up due to his stubborness again i say we go for Rijkaard cos i don't know what he hopes to win with that Cadaver (Eduardo)
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by mukina2: 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
when i saw the thread on my list of topics i just knew it had to be sth from Eldee or A-40 grin grin

and look what i found in here grin
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by eldee(m): 1:03pm On Jan 29, 2010
@muki
It's not my fault that one of the greatest entertainers of all time supports the greatest football club of all time grin grin

@A-40
I think Jay-Z should save us the trouble and sign Eduardo and Vela to Roc Nation. cheesy cheesy
Afterall they don't do anything at Arsenal . . . they don't even speak to the press cheesy
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:05am On Jan 30, 2010
This's an old story,
I've seen Jay-Z wearing arsenal jersey's way back, he even used to say Henry was his fav player back then. I even think they'r friends.

They was once a rumor that he had plans to buy stakes in Arsenal.

U forgot to add,  Spike Lee is also another die-hard arsenal supporter. He's been a fan for quite a while, check his wikipedia page.
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:07am On Jan 30, 2010
Tiger Woods is the most popular Chelsea fan.
All the other fans are THUGS.

Even their captain is in a messy S E X scandal just like Tiger Woods.

What a club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by hax: 12:25am On Jan 30, 2010
lol

abi o. I heard JT was doing bad things with Wayne Bridge's gf when they were both at Chelski.

Hope they bench him or something. They must lose morale before we face them next week o. lol
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by Genuflect(m): 4:26am On Jan 30, 2010
Lol. You seriously wish. There's nothing stopping Shepe from popoing A.s.s.a.n.a.l next week
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by shotster50(m): 2:38am On Feb 01, 2010
'Best' club inthe world got whooped today. Una no wan talk that one abi,
Re: Jay-Z: I Support Arsenal by A40(m): 7:14am On Feb 01, 2010
eldee:

@muki
It's not my fault that one of the greatest entertainers of all time supports the greatest football club of all time grin grin

@A-40
I think Jay-Z should save us the trouble and sign Eduardo and Vela to Roc Nation. cheesy cheesy
Afterall they don't do anything at Arsenal . . . they don't even speak to the press cheesy
Hahaha. Maybe he needs to add Wenger to that list. Jigga must have been very pissed by what he saw yesterday but i am guessing 3 Grammies for him and 6 for his wifey would be ample consolation

(1) (Reply)

New Music, Micheallem - D One I Love And Gbakirim Ur Buu / Download DJ Marv's House Of Afro Mix / Top 10 Insanely Expensive Music Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.