Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

(before You Start Blogging) How To Make Your Blog Popular - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / (before You Start Blogging) How To Make Your Blog Popular (430 Views)

Blogging: How To Write A Compelling Article That Your Readers Will Love / 9 Killers Way To Make Your Blog Popular / How to Make Your Blog Popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(before You Start Blogging) How To Make Your Blog Popular by duwell(m): 5:09am On Jul 01, 2017
(Before you start blogging)
HOW TO MAKE YOUR BLOG POPULAR
Before you start that blog or perhaps in fact before that blog you've been struggling with becomes popular, these are things you need to do.�
They're so many blogs and so many are being created every day and of course many people are online and will always visit your site (especially those your friends who advise you to open a blog for your many posts and 'start making money'). You'll be disappointed cos when it's ready and you invite them to come see what they've been encouraging you to get, they'll turn a deaf hear..���. Have you ever taught of why they don't visit, keep coming back and recommend to other friends? I'll tell you. You see I have experience in this blogging thing. In fact, I'll share my experience down there somewhere in between.☺
WHY THEY DON'T SHOW YOU LOVE...❤❤❤
1. Even those that advised you to get a blog and start making money believe you'll make money and leave them behind or become like them so they don't want to contribute to your becoming rich, popular and famous. Inside of them, they don't want you to succeed...
2. Others though, are of the believe that it consumes so much data if they visit the site... They are stingy with their data and very careful with their clicks... So if your links and title is not enticing, riddled with lies forget it, no click for you. You'll be disappointed. You'll be like 'so with all this 4000 friends that I have, only 5 clicked on this, wetin I go do na?'. Meanwhile you're very popular, ones you drop something on Facebook you always get up to 150 likes in few hours or more depending, and comments usually come in torrents.
Sorry, that is where you got your inspiration and thought they'll show you same love. No they won't. It's called a blog and not Facebook.
3. The remaining of your friends are so addicted to Facebook that they don't like anything that will take them out of Facebook, for what na,, which kind link, wetin dey the site sef, mtchew....
(That's what my head could remember now)
LET'S GO BACK TO THE TOPIC, THE MAIN THING (HOW TO MAKE YOUR BLOG POPULAR)
1. ADVERTISE
Do some adverts to get your blog out there for people to see since your friends cannot help you. Do Facebook ads (because many people are always on Facebook), or Google AdWords, and you can pay a celeb to hype you small. But this is crazy and why did I even mention it. How can you sustain this? You’ll lose your money because you may not have what will bring the people back on your site, ones they arrive, they just may not find your site interesting and zoom they go and forget the name of your blog. Oh sorry. Its because you are lacking in content that can bring them back and if you spent so much money to advertise… what was your aim? Was it to just get impression, or where you intending on selling something of value, something many of those that clicked through were interested in in? don’t waste money if you don’t know what to do. You’ll be frustrated. Let’s talk about these surefire ways of doing it!
2. LIE LIE LIE!!!
See let me tell you, blogging is not JUST about writing and posting for people to come and read. IF YOU NEED MAD TRAFFIC OR POPULARITY YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO LIE. Yes. I mean it. You will not get people hooked up and talking, sharing your posts if you don’t know how to drive them nuts. You can lie about a popular personality, write something on your blog intentionally to get people talking.
When the person you’ve lied about comes after you, you have some options to deal with it; first is to apologize but the truth is that the damage has been done. No, rather, you’ve gotten what you wanted- your social juice (traffic). Next option is to attack the person further, furthering your claim especially if the person is one you can ride on. You need to take on people if you must succeed in blogging. The person must be a popular person. THAT IS THEIR USEFULNESS – USING THEM TO CLIMB UP AND GAIN YOUR POPULARITY. But if it backfires and you’re taken to court or his boys take you to a dark room, please don’t mention my name o, mbok.
Why do you think sites like Naij, Vanguard, Sahara Reporters and Linda something enjoy posting stuff they know is a lie? It is because you will click through to read and comment and if you know the truth, you will be there bashing them and they’ll be laughing and enjoying the reaction they are receiving.
3. BE CONTROVERSIAL
Controversy like lies in 2 above is the real deal. Your plain writing and smooth English with small humor will not take you far, what is there for them to take home? Just some information they have read before? No. Get controversial, attack a personality. Collude with a trusted friend to come up a very carefully planned scam idea just to play with your reader’s heads. It’s just like lying but in this case it is planned by you. Exaggerate situations and add some juice to it. You can pull the Skibbi stunt or plan a fake WhatsApp conversation with your friend. This is just to attract massive attention. See, before you blow, you have to do any of this. If you like fake your accident…
4. BE VERY CREATIVE
If you cannot do 1,2,3 then this is your last option. See, mek I tell you, don’t blog if you’re just a copy and paste blogger, you’ll be wasting your time and money. There is nothing you’ll write that has not been written before so why will people care. Just why? Since you’ve chosen this option avoiding the others then just know that before you start this blogging thing, you need to ask yourself what you are very good at and can do differently. Even your friends that encouraged you to start blogging will ignore your blog and go to linda something to read the gist there and also read all the comments. I tell you, your blog is not there if you don’t have comments and serious interaction under your posts.
5. This idea is very crude. If you prefer this one to all the 4 above, contact me in my inbox. This idea is the baba. I’ll not talk much.
If you don’t do these, you’ll be looking at your Google Analytics dashboard and be seeing visits like 5 visitors today, 20 tomorrow, and 10 yesterday. How can you make money from an average of 10 visits a day? How? You need up to at least 1000 visitors and above daily to even get up to 200 clicks on your AdSense since you believe and know about Google AdSense as the only source of making money from blogging. Shey your friends are always asking you; How far ‘Google don pay’?
Let me further tell you some things you need to know before you start that blog.
1. Before you get Google to approve your AdSense for you, it takes a lot of effort and not a copy and paste shit you are thinking of doing. You need to create original contents because when Google bots crawl your site, they know what’s new and what’s copied.
2. You must have a good number of visitors before they approve it for you (or you buy AdSense from guys that sale it).
3. Google AdSense is not the only means of making money from blogging. What happens if you can’t get it approved? Dah idehe etok mkpor especially if you’re a newbie like I was many years ago. One year go just pass and no AdSense juice. Dah you’ll get tired and give up. It shall not be your portion.
You can monetize your site in several other ways but first you have to offer something that people want and will come back for.
There is one Facebook group that sprang up few months ago. Members rose to over 25k in just about 5 months. The group is now making money for the admins massively because the owner is very creative and knows how to monetize it. I’m sure they didn’t start by asking members to pay for services.
Re: (before You Start Blogging) How To Make Your Blog Popular by Heromaniaa: 5:13am On Jul 01, 2017
Check out my blog
Re: (before You Start Blogging) How To Make Your Blog Popular by unity234: 9:27am On Jul 01, 2017
pls I have a blog with
BLOGGER TEMPLATES -DESIGNED BY JOHANES DJOGAN -
how do edit or customize the template so that i can have my own images instead of those sliding cartoon images.
pls check my blog to see what I mean
genius2be..com
(on web version)

thnx
expecting ur response
Re: (before You Start Blogging) How To Make Your Blog Popular by Julius2214(m): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
Trash

(1) (Reply)

How To Write An Effective Appeal For A Banned Google Adsense Account / , / Email Marketing For All Bloggers & Internet Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.