Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Adele Cancels Final Two Wembley Concerts...Refuses to mime on stage - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Adele Cancels Final Two Wembley Concerts...Refuses to mime on stage (443 Views)

Should I Use My Real Name Or A Nickname As My Stage Name? Please Help / Download Kanye West Ft Lil Pump And Adele I Love It Instrumental / Adele Or Sia, Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adele Cancels Final Two Wembley Concerts...Refuses to mime on stage by zicoraads: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2017
Adele has cancelled the final two shows of her world tour, due to take place at London's Wembley Stadium this weekend, after damaging her vocal cords.

The "devastated" singer said she had taken the decision on medical advice.

"To say I'm heartbroken would be a complete understatement," London-born Adele wrote in a Twitter post in the early hours.

She had been due to perform at Wembley on Saturday and Sunday, ending a four-date run at the venue.

In her post, the 29-year-old said her first two Wembley shows this week had been "the biggest and best shows of my life", but that she had struggled vocally.

Despite the voice problems, Adele's performances on 28 and 29 June were well-received by critics, with the Guardian describing her as "instinctively charismatic", the Times as "poignant", while the Telegraph wrote: "She is such a natural on stage."

Apology to fans
Adele explained: "I had to push a lot harder than I normally do... it turns out I have damaged my vocal cords.
"On medical advice, I am simply unable to perform over the weekend.

"I've considered doing Saturday night's show, but it's highly unlikely I'd even make it through the set and I simply can't crumble in front of you all and walk out on you in that way."

She added that she was so desperate to be with her fans that she had even considered miming at the final two shows.

"But I've never done it and I cannot in a million years do that to you. It wouldn't be the real me up there," Adele said.

"I'm sorry for your disappointment... You know I would not make this decision lightly."
She concluded by saying refunds would be available if the shows could not be rescheduled.

"There will be more information over the next few days. I'm sorry, I'm devastated... please forgive me x."

It is not the first time Adele has experienced problems with her vocal cords. In 2011, she underwent throat surgery to remove a benign polyp.

Re: Adele Cancels Final Two Wembley Concerts...Refuses to mime on stage by Kingjay5(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2017
ok
Re: Adele Cancels Final Two Wembley Concerts...Refuses to mime on stage by Xsem(m): 9:36am On Jul 01, 2017
Eeyah sorry, this your pretty voice me love so much angry

(1) (Reply)

Music Video: Zidiq - I PRAY / Wizkid Baby Mama,tania Omotayo In Tears As Man Propose To Her / Bloggers Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.