Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) (38614 Views)

NYSC FCT Coordinator Orders Corper To Kneel Down For Leaving During His Address / Corper To Trek From Umuahia To Port Harcourt For Rivers At 50 Celebration (Photo / Corper To Travel From Ibadan To Makurdi On Bicycle As He Passes Out (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by corpersforum(f): 8:44am On Jul 01, 2017
- Nigeria's all-time goal scorer Rashidi Yekini died in 2012 at the age of 48 - He was buried at his residence in his home town of Ira, Kwara state

- Fresh facts indicate that the burial site is in total shambles and a young man Oladimeji Adeoti is leading the cause to 're-build' the final abode of the late legend The lack of honour and recognition that trailed the life and death of legendary Nigerian footballer Rashidi Yekini who passed away on May 4, 2012 have continued five years after his exit.

Reports say the lanky Super Eagles’ striker who died in Ibadan at the age of 48 suffered in abject poverty where he was allegedly abandoned by Nigerian authorities. He was buried in his home town at his residence in Ira, Kwara state.

Fresh facts obtained by NAIJ.com from a Facebook User Oladimeji Adeoti indicate that the final resting place of the player is currently an eyesore as the grave is virtually tattered and dilapidated.

Oladimeji who claimed to have personally cleaned the rickety tomb throughout his one-year NYSC service in Kwara promised to do everything to ‘re-build’ the final abode of the late football star.

"Someone who's an indigene of the community said that Yekini is from this community and that his grave is not too far from where we were, so we all rushed down only to see a goat and chicken perch on his grave, the ladies that went with us started crying.

"I was so pleased to clean Rashidi Yekini grave throughout my one year of NYSC in his hometown in Kwara state, it makes me vow that someday in life if am fortunate enough I will rebuild it to a standard," he posted on Facebook.

In an exclusive chat with NAIJ.com, Oladimeji a member of the NYSC 2015/2016 set expressed sadness that the whole burial site is covered in broken tiles and he treks daily to clean it.

“The place is covered with broken tiles and a trekable distance from my lodge. I heard it was his younger brother Akeem who is said to be a bricklayer that fixed it to that level.

The 2014 graduate of the Houdegbe North American University, Benin Republic also narrated how his efforts to raise N460,000 to rebuild the project were frustrated.

"I went to my local inspector and told him everything which he told me to get an approval from the community king as well as the head of his family attached photographs quotation and printed design of how it will look like attached with a letter stating my request.

"I did and submitted it back to him as he has instructed me so he said to me that he will submit it to NYSC Kwara state chapters’ office for an approval before I will now start.

"As soon as my he sighted the figures on the quotation which amount to about 460k then immediately he became interested he started speaking elders language which I ignored.

"He later told me he has to be sincere with me that he misplaced the letter and that I should get another one which I did he started delaying it systematically again.

"It was at that point that I realized he was delaying it for me to pass out so that he can use the junior Corp members to execute the project for his personal interest,"
he lamented.

Oladimeji stated that he is now on course to rebuild the place, saying “I want to be hundred present transparent.” He also added that he will like to meet with the relatives of the late legend. Oladimeji Adeoti can be contacted on phone: 09092463145.

Yekini is still Nigeria's record goalscorer having netted 37 times in 58 appearances. He scored Nigeria's first ever goal at a FIFA World Cup match, was also part of the team that won the AFCON tournament in 1994.

Written By Babajide Orevba
[naij.com]

3 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by sonofspada(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2017
Ha, Abi CDS don finish?

11 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Tolexander: 8:51am On Jul 01, 2017
Make the corps member go do something to "rebuild" the living and leave the grave for the dead!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 8:56am On Jul 01, 2017
ok, cool

1 Like

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by corpersforum(f): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2017
Tolexander:
Make the corps member go do something to "rebuild" the living and leave the grave for the dead!

hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by itiswellandwell: 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ok o
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
shocked

Nice one,

If Rashidi Yekini's ghost doesn't visit this corper and his family to say 'thank you' then Rashidi Yekini is an ingrate.

I would have really trusted the motive of Oladimeji Adeoti if not for his people's professional skull-mining.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by tobtap: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
cool cool
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Eke40seven(m): 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
".....the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain......"
Poverty hovers all over the scenery.
Ladies and Gentlemen, It's official! Nigeria is indeed a big fraud,! The sooner you guys begin to see this, the better for all of us!!

6 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Do you know that one can make money just be reconstructing graves? There are about millions of graves in Nigeria.. and virtually every home in Nigeria can boast of one.. if you can offer to redress graves for N5000.. Do you know how much you will make after dressing about 100 graves? Let's do the maths. N5000 x 100 = N500,000

The good part is, You'll become a millionaire after you've dressed like 200 graves and above.. pretty huge huh?

Visit www.entmirror.com for more business ideas grin

11 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by exlinklodge: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Very good thing to do corpers

May his grace spore you forward, hope you are preparing one for presido

In another news, Ghanaian pastor says prostitution is a noble profession and many prostitutes will go to heaven.

Read his full statement @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/07/prostitution-is-noble-profession-many.html
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by ladyF(f): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Misplaced priorities sha. So you want to use 460k to rebuild grave? Of what significance is the grave to the community? Abi is it not CDS project again? undecided

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
For those of you criticizing him, if you do a remarkable project during your service year you are entitled to automatic federal government employment and M.sc scholarship abroad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
make them prepare one for Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by MrMcJay(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Useless eye service. Can't his family honour him? Didn't he have kids?

1 Like

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by depezee(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Corper please when you finish Yakini own come and rebuild some grave in my church cemetery wink

1 Like

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by fran6co(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
NICE one
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by softwerk(f): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
NYSC is now a complete joke and has long outlived it's purpose!

Did he study Grave Engineering at Unilag?! sad

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Dreamstarr: 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
One day I will build a memorial for the greatest footballer Nigeria has ever produced....the greatest of all time,Rashidi Yekini!!!

4 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Ximenez(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
See the passion on his face as he celebrated that goal, not to mention that beautiful jersey. I bet you wouldn't want to miss any Nigerian match in those days. But these days you'll just hear that some hand picked guys called super eagles managed by a foreigner has been trashed in Uyo by bafana bafana.

9 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Eeyah
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Abbeyme: 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
God help your good deeds
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by danielous(m): 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tolexander:
That's what the white won't do. They cherish their present and past Hero and Heroine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by UnknownT: 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
From that picture, that's a decent grave/tomb nah. Wetin again him wan do, turn am to an upstair?

7 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Solomonudofia(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
forgating our heros since 1940....
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Grave management is now a good course
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by seniorgozman(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Dis guy get time.
Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by omobabalawo: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nice one,

If Rashidi Yekini's ghost doesn't visit this corper and his family to say 'thank you' then Rashidi Yekini is an ingrate.

I would have really trusted the motive of Oladimeji Adeoti if not for his people's professional skull-mining.

abi o. after efritin govt shuld exhume the corpse and see if the head still dey o

4 Likes

Re: Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) by adem30: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good move. The last time I visited Irra, it was so absorbed the way his grave was at his family house Eesa compound Irra. I stayed in their family house through out my secondary school in Irra Grammar School.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nysc Officially Released Circular For 2015 Batch B Time Table(pic) / 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members / This Photo Of Mum And Son In NYSC Matching Outfit Will Make Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.