Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Seniority In Civil Service - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Seniority In Civil Service (1893 Views)

In Civil Service, What's This Level Implies :level 7 Step 2 / Federal Civil Service Recruitment List Of Shortlisted Candidates Is Out / Rivers State Civil Service Recruitment For Medical Practitioners 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seniority In Civil Service by Ballotelle(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2017
good day, please what's the merit for seniority in civil service and what are the conditions that can over turn it, I joined the service same period and time with a lady, I have a 2.1 but guess she has a 2.2. we have done advancement interview to the next level and I was made to understand I performed better but yet after 2 yearss ,I was told she is my senior, AS AS HOW? is it probably because (am not sure, and what's the probability it was not tempered with ) she submitted acceptance letter back then probably hours before I submitted mine or cause her surname is before mine ? is this a just way of determining seniority? can I contest it??.. reasonable response please
Re: Seniority In Civil Service by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don't know how things are done in the civil service. But if it were in the Nigerian military, one of the criteria for determining seniority is service number (official number). For example: If Both Major Abiodun and Major Anthony were promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel wef 01 Jul 2017, Abiodun's service number is NA1000 and Anthony's service number is NA1001. Automatically, Abiodun is senior to Anthony.

I hope you understand my explanation.

Edited:

A person whose surname starts with A will get a service number before another whose name starts with B. So your class of degree or performance in exam has nothing to do with your seniority.
Re: Seniority In Civil Service by mokset123: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ask your senior colleagues that says she is your senior in the office why that is so.

In my opinion it could be, you do not possess a masters degree and she does, meaning at point of entry they placed her at a level or rank above yours.

1 Like

Re: Seniority In Civil Service by Ballotelle(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
y should name be used as a yard stick for seniority, and is this backed by civil service rules ? I can't ask her how she senior me na.

(1) (Reply)

SPAR Park N Shop Ongoing Recruitment / Atlantic International University Recruitment For An Admissions Representative / Npowerng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.