Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? (46154 Views)

Antonio Conte On Chelsea, Who Sold Matic To Manchester United? / Man Utd VS Chelsea...who Is More STRONGER... / 6 Players Rejected By Chelsea Who Became Super Stars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Sammyramires(m): 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
It is no longer a news that in anticipation of the new footballing season a lot of football fans all across the globe are either found discussing about their clubs new acquisition or seeing advising their club scouts on what player they would want in their team.
However, reports have shown that hardly will a team sign on a player based on fans demand. Rather they sign players that they believed fits in to their system.

Meanwhile, as we await the commencement of the new season, the news making the round is between the two of the most successful clubsides in England, Manchester United and Chelsea and two of the most successful Coaches Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte.

Last season notably saw Antonio Conte and Chelsea dominated the league week in week out and was confirmed the champions elect with two matches to spare.

In other hand, Jose Mourinho and Manchester United had what some football pundits called "Not Too Good Season", but still went ahead to win 3 Trophies, namely Community Shield, EFL and UEFA Europa League.

JOSE MOURINHO VS ANTONIO CONTE

JOSE MOURINHO

After his clean sweep of Portuguese Domestic Titles and his triumph in 2004 UCL final over Monaco Mourinho moved to
Chelsea the following year and won the Premier League title with a record 95 points, the club's first league title in 50 years, and the League Cup in his first season. In his second year, Chelsea retained the Premier League and in 2006/07 he took the club to an FA Cup and League Cup double.

Mourinho left Chelsea in September 2007, amidst reports of a rift with club owner Roman Abramovich. In 2008, Mourinho moved to Serie A club
Internazionale. Within three months he had won his first Italian honour, the Supercoppa Italiana , and completed the season by winning the Serie A title.

In 2009/10 season, Inter became the first Italian club to win the treble of Serie A, Coppa Italia and the Champions League, also the first time Inter had won the latter competition since 1965.
He is one of only five coaches to have won the European Cup with two different teams, along with Ernst Happel, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Jupp Heynckes and Carlo Ancelotti. He won the first ever FIFA World Coach of the Year Award in 2010.

After the Portuguese manager left Inter Milan, he signed with Real Madrid in 2010, winning the Copa del Rey in his first season. The following year, he won the La Liga and became the fifth coach, after Tomislav Ivić, Ernst Happel, Giovanni Trapattoni and Eric Gerets , to have won league titles in at least four different countries: Portugal, England, Italy and Spain.

After leaving Madrid in June 2013, Mourinho returned to England to manage Chelsea for a second spell, during which they won another league championship, but was sacked on 17 December 2015, after a poor run of results left Chelsea just outside the relegation zone.

However, following several months out of the game after losing his job at Chelsea for the second time, Mourinho was confirmed as the new manager of Manchester United on 27 May 2016.

Due to his tactical knowledge, charismatic but also very controversial personality, and what his opponents regard as emphasis on getting results over playing beautiful football, he is often seen, by both admirers and critics, as the successor of former Argentine manager Helenio Herrera.

ANTONIO CONTE

Playing as a midfielder, Conte began his career at local club Lecce and later became one of the most decorated and influential players in the history of Juventus . He captained the team and won the UEFA Champions League, as well as 5
Serie A titles, among other honours.

He also played for the Italian national team and was a participant at the 1994 FIFA World Cup and the
2000 UEFA European Championship, where, on both occasions, the Italians finished runners-up.

However, his managerial career started in the year 2006, leading
Bari to the 2008–09 Serie B title, and Siena to promotion from the same division two years later.

He then took over at Juventus in 2011, where he implemented a 3–5–2 formation and won three consecutive Serie A titles, before taking charge of the Italian national team in 2014 until the UEFA Euro 2016 campaign.

Furthermore, he became the current manager of Chelsea in April 2016 and led them to the Premier League title in his first season in charge.

CHELSEA VS MANCHESTER UNITED TRANSFER

TIEMOUÉ BAKAYOKO

Was born on the 17th of August 1994.
He is a French professional footballer who plays for French club AS Monaco and the France national team. He plays as a defensive midfielder due to his ability to break up play, but he's considered to have all-round ability, as well as possessing physical power and athleticism.

TRANSFER FEE : £35.1 MILLION

NEMANJA MATIC

Matic was born on the 1st of August 1988.
He is a Serbian professional footballer who plays for English club Chelsea and the Serbia national team as a
defensive midfielder.
He is known for his consistent performances on the pitch and his combative style of play.

TRANSFER FEE : £40 MILLION

PUTTING ALL FACTORS INTO CONSIDERATION, BETWEEN MANCHESTER UNITED AND CHELSEA WHO GOT THE BETTER DEAL

Written By Sammyramires✍�

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Lilkini(m): 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
shipping off matic for £40m at his age us good biz buh selling him to man.u aint cool...it might hunt them soon

bakayoko is still young n d price is way too good considering the transfer prices these days

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Franzinni: 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
buhari!!!!

Why?.... He is in London where pretty nurses are wAshing his balls daily... He is. Enjoying an all expense paid medical vacation with a parked jet at his disposal...

What deal better pass that?

Let Me go and hide. With my gun so I can ambush all Who will come and mention me for the matter.....

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
cheesy

Matic is Fellaini 2.0 and for £40M...Conte is the wise one and Chelsea got the best deal.

Mou has always been a wasteful manager. £40M for a 28 yrs old soon to be 29 average player.

More boring football coming next season for MAN UTD.

Fuuuuck the trophy.....I want to get the value of what I'm paying to watch Man Utd play.

I don't see how Matic would bring that.

Mou loves boring players.

I think I'll rather watch more La Liga football next season......

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
I can't fathom why people swallow everything the media spills hook, line and sinker.
You really think that Manchester United will buy the services of of a 29yr old, off-form Matic for £40m?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by gashi12345: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Seriously i will go with the BLUES! cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by LesbianBoy(m): 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Man utd angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Victornezzar: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Actually Chelsea will av d better deal
Matic is 28 n d dere would no be investment on him again
Look at d world highest transfers
Pogba
Ronaldo nd Bale....dey wer all sold at a very young age
Both Madrid nd Manu av recovered deir cash back
Some people are thinking dat clubs are very stingy
Wat dey are looking at is weda d player been bought will also be an investment

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
LIVERPOOL GOT THE BEST DEAL,KING SALAH IS BACK,YNWA

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lilkini:
shipping off matic for £40m at his age us good biz buh selling him to man.u aint cool...it might hunt them soon

bakayoko is still young n d price is way too good considering the transfer prices these days

Matic cant do shiiiiii

That's like saying Fellaini would come back to hurt Everton. 100% impossible.

Matic is Fellaini 2.0 and for £40M...Conte is the wise one and Chelsea got the best deal.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by muriunited(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Man U for life

3 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Signing Fabinho or Bakayoko would effectively mean the end of Timothy Fosu Mensah's hopes of playing His preferred defensive midfield role.

Matic should play at the top level for the next 3 years after which T.Fosu Mensah should take up from Him totally.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by mangala14(m): 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
No deal has been confirmed yet and I doubt if Man utd will pay £40 million for an 28yrs old Matic. We have pogba, Herrera and Fielliani. We just need a Fabinho or Nainngolan and Morata/Bellotu

6 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by johnstar(m): 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
angry
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by googlepikins: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Gunners for life. tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by hilroy: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Who cares
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
I think Chelsea got a better deal considering the age

4 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by harjayi(m): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Chelsea got a better deal, I never for once like Matic. but selling him to United is what I hate
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by bsideboii(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Chelsea for me.Cos I'm a blues fan.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by kstyle2(m): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
I would hate for utd to sign magic. He's lost his magic. We already have fellaini. No need adding him

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by StepTwo: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sorry, who see where Ben Ayade keep Cross River workers Salary?

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by kingdenny(m): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lilkini:

40 million is not a lot of money these days in football. But I would stick with matic who is tested and proved himself in the league, with experience in his bag than some one else from another league who is yet to prove that he can adapt to life in the Premier League at a lower price

9 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by dbynonetwork: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please OP when we talk of successful club in England don't you ever include CHELSEA........
if Chelsea is successful then MANCHESTER UNITED is MEGA SUCCESSFUL..

UP MAN U FOR LIFE..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Olasco93: 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good business for both clubs
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Tenim47(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
ofcos chelsea got it, with age and money. . up blues
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by aliumik: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
Chelsea got d better deal
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? by Rick9(m): 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don't know, but what I know is that

Man United is far better than Chelsea

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi's Wife, Kate Is Dead / Glenique Frank, Transgender Winner At London Marathon Offers To Give Medal Back / Woman Spreads Her Wrapper For Drogba To Walk On After He Built School, He Dances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.