Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,410 members, 7,958,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:38 AM

The Word Racism. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Word Racism. (904 Views)

Covert Racism! / Nigerian Dogs(origin Of The Word Nkita?) / The ----------?---------- Word (shhhhhhhhhhhh) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Word Racism. by U1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2007
Do anyone in here has the optimism that racism would ever come to an end someday?
Re: The Word Racism. by Raymand(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2007
Not on planet earth. . .
Re: The Word Racism. by naijacutee(f): 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2007
When people from Aguleri L.G.A, Anambra State and people from Umuleri L.G.A, Anambra State cannot get along, how can people of different races get along?

Rascism is just a social disease which we can choose to / choose not to suffer from.

Personally, I have no problems whatsoever with people of different nationalities, my friends and i say "white" or "black" freely without anyone feeling awkward. . .
Re: The Word Racism. by choongtin(f): 8:29pm On Feb 04, 2007
well racism would come to an end in the next century cuz it has been predicted that in the next century every one on earth would be mixed race so no one is going to be racist really even if there is going to be any it would reduce
Re: The Word Racism. by drrionelli(m): 11:48pm On Feb 04, 2007
That's certainly a pleasant, if quixotic, thought, choongtin.  However, you and I both know that there are truly very few "pure" races left on the planet, anyway.  And, given that the manifestations of genetic diversity will still be multifarious, people will find ways to make unnecessary and unwarranted distinctions for their own repsective personal agendas.

Whenever somebody suggests to me that there is an inherent difference between races--either to the greater or the lesser--I always ask them to define the word "race."  As there is really no empirical, workable definition of the word, that usually ends at least a semantic issue in the argument (and it does so in my favor!).
Re: The Word Racism. by Maneater1(f): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2007
there will always be hate and thus always be racism. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Admission For Free! / I Don't Believe The Membership Figures / Sani Emmanuel: Mvp Of Nigeria 2009.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.