Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm (1045 Views)

Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) / Nigeria Requires N2.98 Billion To Curb Armyworm Infestation Of Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by teddyope31(f): 12:31am On Jul 02, 2017
What pesticide is most advisable to use in preventing Armyworm outbreak on my maize farm. Any suggestions experience farmers?
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by Flashmove: 1:01am On Jul 02, 2017
Dont kill the armywarm, They are guarding your farm against any thief... please buy more Ak47 and more bullets for them... grin

Dont mind me ooo..
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by fison(m): 7:01am On Jul 02, 2017
What pesticide is most advisable to use in preventing Armyworm outbreak on my maize farm. Any suggestions experience farmers?

Mix Sniper with any of these, Best, Cypertrap, Cabonfit at ratio 3:1 and spray on the maize.
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by yomie040(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2017
teddyope31:
visit an agrostore and ask for Glo-emamectin (it contains emamectin benzoate). Very effective.

1 Like

Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by preciousmoon(f): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2017
ampligo insecticide

Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by teddyope31(f): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
preciousmoon:
ampligo insecticide
thanks so much, please how can I get this
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by teddyope31(f): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
yomie040:
visit an agrostore and ask for Glo-emamectin (it contains emamectin benzoate). Very effective.

thank you so much for this, I've heard of this chemical before, please how do I use it, at what stage of the crops life cycle is it advisable to use it
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by teddyope31(f): 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
yomie040:

is this a preventive chemical tho
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
teddyope31:
There is a chemical mitosin that's very effective against armyworm.
You can call me to link you up with the seller
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by yomie040(m): 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
teddyope31:

thank you so much for this, I've heard of this chemical before, please how do I use it, at what stage of the crops life cycle is it advisable to use it
you can use it both as preventive as well as a control measure. It is in a satchet just like ampligo above. Two satchet is enough for an hectrea. Get a bucket with water about one-quarter full, put little of the insecticide in the water and mix thoroughly, so that the insecticide dissolves before emptying into a sprayer. Add water to the sprayer till its full then shake thoroughly, thereafter spray your plants. Spray your maize at two weeks after planting and 4 weeks after planting as well to prevent armyworm infestation.
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by fison(m): 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sniper pix, I can't lay my hand on the others at the moment.

Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by teddyope31(f): 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
fison:
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by teddyope31(f): 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
fison:

thank you but I can't see the pictures, I don't think it loaded
Re: Prevention Of Armyworm Outbreak On My Farm by fison(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
thank you but I can't see the pictures, I don't think it loaded

(1) (Reply)

Yam Export; Ghana Vs Nigeria - Pic / I Need Help and advice On How To export virgin coconut Oil outside Nigeria / 2 Day Theory And On Farm Practical Goat Farming Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.