Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. (934 Views)

Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker / VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / The Right Way To Charge Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 02, 2017
Scientists have created a new material for processors which uses 100 times less energy than the semiconductor-based systems currently used

Brush your teeth, comb your hair, charge your phone; plugging in your device has become a twice-daily habit.

But you may be able to charge your phone just once every three months in the future.

Scientists have engineered a new material which allows processors to function using 100 times less energy.

Researchers at the Universities of Michigan and Cornell have created a new magnetoelectric multiferroic material.

It is formed of thin layers of atoms which make up a magnetically polar film. This can be flipped from positive to negative with only a tiny pulse of energy.

This principle could be used to transmit binary code, the streams of 1s and 0s, on which our computers operate. This means they could send and receive data using just a fraction of the electricity.

Currently, processors are built using semiconductor-based systems which need a constant flow of electricity. But processors built using magnetoelectric multiferroic systems would only need short pulses of electricity, using far less energy.

Electronics currently consume five per cent of total global energy, and are the fastest-growing energy consumer, according to Ramamoorthy Ramesh, associate laboratory director for energy technologies at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

By 2030, electronics could consume 40 to 50 per cent of global energy. Devising energy-efficient processors could have a significant impact on our global energy footprint.

Not to mention our mood, when our phone cuts out without a plug in sight.

source:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/youll-only-need-to-charge-your-phone-four-times-a-year-a80735.html

2 Shares

Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by spinna: 2:07am On Jul 02, 2017
Knowledge shall abound. i thank God to be alive in this time..lets embrace technology and shun tribalism,nepotism and corruption lest we fall behind in this rapidly advancing world. Let white men or chinamen etc not wipe us out with their growing technology, yet here we just started making pencils.

2 Likes

Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nutase: 3:53am On Jul 02, 2017
E no go make sense now cos u no go fit tell person say your ba3 don die if you dey dodge im call.

5 Likes

Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Opistorincos(m): 5:39am On Jul 02, 2017
This is great news for we heavy users
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by madara1977: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2017
if this true. it will be less for the electricity bill
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 02, 2017
spinna:
Knowledge shall abound. i thank God to be alive in this time..lets embrace technology and shun tribalism,nepotism and corruption lest we fall behind in this rapidly advancing world. Let white men or chinamen etc not wipe us out with their growing technology, yet here we just started making pencils.
You made a whole lot of sense bro!!. Good one and happy Sunday to you.
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nutase:
E no go make sense now cos u no go fit tell person say your ba3 don die if you dey dodge im call.
Hahahaha,
Very soon you won't be able to dodge him again on dead battery excuse. grin

1 Like

Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by tafat: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
That's technology for you
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Opistorincos:
This is great news for we heavy users
Good to see guys utilising phone technology for better things than selfies.
So what are you into bro?. if i may ask.
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Opistorincos(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Sincere4u:

Good to see guys utilising phone technology for better things than selfies.
So what are you into bro?. if i may ask.

I am a blogger and a freelance writer, what about you?
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Opistorincos:

I am a blogger and a freelance writer, what about you?
This is interesting.
So blogging is such a good business and one green horned nairalander emerged from no where to attack and discourage a sister from blogging.
I am planning to start blogging soon since i have a lot to share. where do i start from?.
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Opistorincos(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
Sincere4u:

This is interesting.
So blogging is such a good business and one green horned nairalander emerged from no where to attack and discourage a sister from blogging.
I am planning to start blogging soon since i have a lot to share. where do i start from?.

Start from getting an easy to remember domain name that's somehow related to your niche, decide on which platform you wanna blog on, choose a design you'll stick with for long, create a page on all the top social media platforms. You can then start posting.
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
Opistorincos:

Start from getting an easy to remember domain name that's somehow related to your niche, decide on which platform you wanna blog on, choose a design you'll stick with for long, create a page on all the top social media platforms. You can then start posting.
I can see experience written all over your tips.
Well done bro.
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
tafat:
That's technology for you
Yes dear and the speed at which it's advancing leaves me wondering what we should be expecting next.
I have even seen fridges that place it's own orders from supermarkets and stores.
Re: In Future You May Need To Charge Your Phone Only Four Times In A Whole Year!?. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
madara1977:
if this true. it will be less for the electricity bill
Cars are already here that rely on electricity than fossil fuels.
Moreover it's my opinion phones consume little, insignificant part of your bill or don't you think so.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6s Wifi Module Repair Tutorial / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Specifications And Price / Techno W5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.