Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145346 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by policy12: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
sexiestharam:
The Bible says we should not judge but there are so many things wrong with our churches today. I went to a church last week out of sheer curiosity and was stunned. It was a counselling section on a Monday. U had to pay a thousand naira to buy an anointing oil bottle that could not be up to 200 naira to see the pastor. I guess that's the gate fee. After speaking with the pastor, he tells me I needed special prayers and he would have to make a special oil for me which is N3000. What about the gate fee anointing oil? I would never enter there again.

Abeg what is d name of the church and which state..may the lord pick our calls in all areas of life sometimes what we face lead us to this fake haberlist that patronise the name pastor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by free2ryhme: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from

You better shut up if you don't have any reasonable comment to say

He gave salient points and arguments to prove what goes on with Christ embassy

If you think otherwise prove him wrong and once again stop shouting

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by idylnoble(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lord help this generation and the ones to come..... Generation that know not God,..Judges 2:10

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by PataAlhaja(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

Can you all imagine this fool?

SMH

122 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Christianity...From the days when it was solely Catholicism...the truth is Man will always search for a deeper level of worship and Power corrupts! The bible says it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God, be it a rich sinner or a rich Pastor!

But, Protestantism is almost a trend and why we have different churches and denominations! So where do you draw the line between true christian leadership and Psychological, religious "maradona-ism" in the church!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by tete7000(m): 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
The man founded his church to escape poverty jejely, you used your own leg, waka go meet am. Which church op wan attend now?

6 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by franzis(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
That church refused to join my uncle and his wife in holy matrimony because they calculated the tithe he is owing the church and it amounted to 1.2million naira, delayed the wedding for more than a year in the name of praying , even when he finally wedded in another church , no single person from the church attended

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by free2ryhme: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
vicfuntop:

Let me use this opportunity to evangelize. I am inviting you to my church Assemblies of God

AGC my birth church

Now haven for every form of tribalistic sentiments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by AngelicBeing: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hmmm sad
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.
This phenomenon of giving is common with most penticostal churches although not all. My advice if you want to stick to orthodox church, you can go ahead while you attend programs and events to boost your faith too in other penticostal faith

7 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Stanleyville(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Once I bn der and all I saw wer young n naked girls...shouting "glory glory glory" ..at every nonsence the pastor says undecided undecided

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Solosqwizz: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
An2elect2:
The Bible said it. I noticed that the people who go all out against Islam are themselves clowns. They are so quick to judge Muslims who are "outside the faith" but so annoyingly slow to rightly judge the wolves in their midst who are the real enemies of Christianity.

So called Christians don't be stupid. The devil will not successfully deceive you if he does not disguise himself as a sheep.That's why we should test everything in the light of God's word. The people you should be weary of are the ones in Christendom with you! especially your pastors because those are the people that nurture you.

Stop judging by appearance and start judging rightly!

I want to ask you, all over the world, who are the people causing war and killings everywhere. It's the muslim
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
What's so hard about being a Pastor sef, he sha dey marry and straff too! Now being a true Reverend father, now that's real sacrifice!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by banmee(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
A Religious nut job is giving reasons why he does not want to be part of an asylum. Lol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Benekruku(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

grin

The scam catch you well

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but but yourself can free your mind"

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
franzis:
That church refused to join my uncle and his wife in holy matrimony because they calculated the tithe he is owing the church and it amounted to 1.2million naira, delayed the wedding for more than a year in the name of praying , even when he finally wedded in another church , no single person from the church attended
LOL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
The truth is that many churches are nothing but a means of gathering money not preparing people for heaven.
How can a church built a school with the members money and an average member will not be able to afford to send their wards there?
There is so much deception and politics in the church and this is encouraged because many are not grounded in the WORD.
If I found myself in a ministry that are literally robbing me,I will just take a walk.It's Jesus that died for me so no one can become a god for me when he is just a privileged.

22 Likes 2 Shares

free2ryhme:

AGC my birth church

Now haven for every form of tribalistic sentiments

I am in the west

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by happyheart(f): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Poster I am.shocked at you
I am not a member of Christ embassy but I am shocked at some of the things you shared
Firstly.. As a christian you have to give. No one in Christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give. Those who did/do are obviously trying to impress man and not God.
Secondly.. No where ever did pastor Anita accuse pastor Christ of adultery.Google is your friend! She listed abandonment, the fact that several checks on her before she could access master tapes of pastor messages and also the fact that lots of female pastors lived in white house(official residence) of pastor. Not once did she mention adultery.
Thirdly Pastor Chris is not an idol. People respect him and celebrate him. Those who idolizes him do so at their own detriment. Several msgs preached on CDs and in rhapsody talks about sin. The church doesn't condone sin. That you sinned as a leader doesn't mean you were encouraged to do so.
All you did was find fault! In a human institution, you must find faults. But the only snag is that you had to condemn and speak ill of the church. Man you are not born again!!!!!
Even if you go to Mfm or Catholic, you will still find fault.
At this point forget CE, forget PST Chris. Run your own race Oga. Repent!!! Return to God.salvation is personal
Its well with you

52 Likes 4 Shares

Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

Well that's the more reason you must work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Any church that doesn't rebuke you for sin but rather convinces you should be discarded

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by tete7000(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

You just used your mouth to corroborate everything op said. You won't know but those who can read well knows op now has another testimony in you.

58 Likes 5 Shares

nkemdi89:
My hair stylists Peter is still in police custody because he used his boss 120k she sent him to pay in the bank to sow a seed for his pastor, that same man has defrauded the boy over 700k all in the name of sowing seed, until the last one that happened. Church is in your heart and only you came pray to God and he will hear you, who so ever is deceiving you that they communicate with God directly isn't be fair. My own pastor tried match making me with his in law who is an OSU all in the name of seeing revelation, and he never disclosed that to me because in my place we dont practice such, but he knows that had be hindering him from getting married from someone of his own tribe. I go to church when I like because my own church is only sowing seeds to preach.

As usual Nkem...Nice point
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by tosinjay(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

This is something like what i usually say. Not taking sin as an important thing is dangerous. Mostly in Nigeria, that's where we get a so so corrupt individuals in this country and people can talk about it but same people wouldn't come to the realization that these churches are part of the causes. That's where you get people stealing but instead of paying back after repenting they believe God over looks the past, and thereby the routine continues till they become conscienceless.

The true Gospel teaches restitution. With such mindset people won't misbehave anyhow around.

Funny enough i was also member of this church before so Op is very correct in all he says.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by monimekaz(m): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from

Taa....see them ...Na them be this ...When the real devil comes you will be no where to be found ...Taaaa gerout here menh

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
tete7000:
The man founded his church to escape poverty jejely, you used your own leg, waka go meet am. Which church op wan attend now?
In Nigeria, most Pastors are just un-employed people who have good communication/ public speaking skills, tempered with years of praying to hammer and also cramming bible passages

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Try Jehovahs witnesses you wont even remeber to put money your whole life except if you choose to sometimes.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Benekruku(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
franzis:

Re u kidding me?

Is these real life scenario or a movie you watched?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by free2ryhme: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
vicfuntop:

I am in the west

It is the ibos that tribalized the church

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by harry41: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
3. Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy
In CE, Pst Chris is the standard; he is the orthodoxy of the word of God. He is in fact treated like God. His words are law. He could cancel engagements, delay marriages and, in my mother’s language, can do and undo!
Everything revolves around him. He has limitless powers and not inhibited by anything.

And what do they say about absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues. People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him. I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true. To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong, but who could challenge the KING? The man had also warned members never to discuss pastors and that they should run away where such matters are being discussed. What you have is a situation where people are so afraid to even consider the allegations against him, so as not to be consumed by fire! SMH!!!

With such a context, the man can get away with anything, including polygamy. He can rewrite the bible, claiming that some portions or verses were not clearly written. He can do ANYTHING, and the staunch members and the pastors would defend him. I mean ANYTHING.

They deify him, call him the ‘Jesus in white suit,’ ‘the Jesus of our time’ and such heresies.
Two personal experiences really got me worried.

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?
B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
nkemdi89:
My hair stylists Peter is still in police custody because he used his boss 120k she sent him to pay in the bank to sow a seed for his pastor, that same man has defrauded the boy over 700k all in the name of sowing seed, until the last one that happened. Church is in your heart and only you came pray to God and he will hear you, who so ever is deceiving you that they communicate with God directly isn't be fair. My own pastor tried match making me with his in law who is an OSU all in the name of seeing revelation, and he never disclosed that to me because in my place we dont practice such, but he knows that had be hindering him from getting married from someone of his own tribe. I go to church when I like because my own church is only sowing seeds to preach.

Wait oh aunty, dis picture in your profile...Where's this location ?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ITbomb(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
For me it is just about the prayer

They don't pray. Time for prayer, instead of someone to open his heart and talk to his Father who is in heaven, they will be talking gibberish

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by harry41: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
3. Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy
In CE, Pst Chris is the standard; he is the orthodoxy of the word of God. He is in fact treated like God. His words are law. He could cancel engagements, delay marriages and, in my mother’s language, can do and undo!
Everything revolves around him. He has limitless powers and not inhibited by anything.

And what do they say about absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues. People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him. I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true. To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong, but who could challenge the KING? The man had also warned members never to discuss pastors and that they should run away where such matters are being discussed. What you have is a situation where people are so afraid to even consider the allegations against him, so as not to be consumed by fire! SMH!!!

With such a context, the man can get away with anything, including polygamy. He can rewrite the bible, claiming that some portions or verses were not clearly written. He can do ANYTHING, and the staunch members and the pastors would defend him. I mean ANYTHING.

They deify him, call him the ‘Jesus in white suit,’ ‘the Jesus of our time’ and such heresies.
Two personal experiences really got me worried.

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?
B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, I also think it's wrong to make a generalisation without having all the facts.

Your first point about giving is noted but those who give aren't complaining or not seeing the results of their giving. In the bible, it was recorded in many instances that some people gave their all to a course whether in the old or new testament. You give according to the measure you want. Nobody forces you to give above your means. God sees ur heart remember? And I know that in CE it has been said several times that you can give whatever you have.

On your second point, CE talks about sin but that isn't the church's main focus. The church teaches that if you focus on the word of God, you will learn to live above your fleshly desires. Focusing on sin isn't even scriptural. Please refer to Roman 6-8. CE never glorifies sin. Go and listen to his messages there are several of them on sin and living by the spirit. Furthermore, I find it amazing how ppl just want to believe the wrong things. The issue of masturbation which many have misconstrued is sad. The other pastors on the panel talked expressly on how to overcome masturbation which shows the church doesn't endorse it. Secondly, pastor Chris went further to say that it is not a sin but a habit. He said when you treat it as a habit, it breaks the power over you. Masturbation is a habit and can be overcome.

Lastly, it is contained in several verses of the bible that there's a gospel according to saint Paul, St Peter and so on. So I don't think when they say pst chris's msg that they mean something different or heresy.

I believe everybody should have a relationship with God and seek him personally then by his spirit you can discern rightly.

Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.