Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,992 members, 7,859,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

What Do Banks Do With Their huge Yearly Profits. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Do Banks Do With Their huge Yearly Profits. (701 Views)

In Which Banks Do Billionaires Store Their Money? / Earn upto 25% Discounts Reselling Telecom Products Just As The Banks Do / (HOT) How to Make MONEY the way BANKS do using VTU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do Banks Do With Their huge Yearly Profits. by thebestprice(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
i have been pondering on how Nigerian Banks spend their huge yearly profits. so i decided to ask the House.

mynd44 , lalasticlala
Re: What Do Banks Do With Their huge Yearly Profits. by dingbang(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
If I ask you how you spend your salary in details, would you give me a honest answer?

1 Like

Re: What Do Banks Do With Their huge Yearly Profits. by kilojoDesigns: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
thebestprice:
i have been pondering on how Nigerian Banks spend their huge yearly profits. so i decided to ask the House.

mynd44 , lalasticlala

banks are usually publicly traded. so many people have shares in it. which means many are entitled to a percentage of the profit.
so here's a few I can list for you

1. they pay dividends to shareholders (optional)

2. they pay a percentage to account holders, all depending on the type of account and the amount within

3. they pay investors

4. they reinvest, giving out loans etc.

5. they expand their banks by increasing
branches, upgrading or acquiring new technology to keep customers happy. also buy advertisement to stay relevant

6. they trade on the stock market and forex etc.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Venture Into A Legitimate And A Lucrative Business / Hair Wonder Magic Cream That Grows Your Hair And Beards Within A Month / Amazing Blog With A Lot Of Interesting Topics Not Just Celeb Gist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.