Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

“I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido (1041 Views)

Suicide: Runtown Reacts To Ban Of Sniper By NAFDAC / Davido Body Shames Lady Who Claimed He Sold His Soul To Win Votes / "I Am Sick And Tired Of Love Songs" - Runtown Declares. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by kinkonp: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
Popular Nigerian singer, Douglas Jack Agu, popularly known as Runtown, has denied ever selling 2014 monster hit “Aye” to Davido.

Many industry insiders hinted that Davido bought the song from Runtown in exchange for Davido featuring in Runtown’s first hit, Gallardo.

However, Runtown in a recent chat with Sunday Scoop, denying the report, he said;

“I don’t sell songs; I just write for myself. I don’t know about the claim by some people that I sold the song, Aye, to Davido. It’s absolutely not true.

Even Davido would tell you that he did not buy the song from me. Besides, if he bought Aye from me, what about his other songs; did I sell those ones to him too?”

Speaking on the rave reviews he is currently getting, Runtown said;

“It all started last year when I dropped Mad Over You. I worked so hard last year, and I’ve been doing the same thing this year.

Mad Over You was the only song I released last year because I had to channel all my energy into just one song that would change the game for me.

And since then, everything has changed. I’ve had other songs after it like Painkiller, Alhaji, and For Life, which are all doing wonderfully well out there.”
On if he would be collaborating with foreign artistes, he said;

“I’ve already being working with a couple of artistes, not just from the US, but Europe and other parts of the world.

I have an EP that I would be releasing later this year and that’s pretty much it for me.”

https://aimtoget.com/board/Entertainment/I-Never-Sold-Aye-To-Davido-I-Dont-Sell-Songs-Runtown.2228.html

Cc:lalastica, MissyB3, Fynestboi

Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by Tamarapetty(f): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
booked
Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by GoggleB(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
Cool.
I love ur cameo appearance in d video of Aye
Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by swiz123(m): 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
He is fast becoming a household name
Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by Kellibae(f): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hmm..buh truth be told but i semll runtown's handwork all over that song.
Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by dollarcoolcat(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
U aint allowed to claim it after u collected money nd signed contract thou, I'm not sayin u sold it sha.
Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by Hotshawarma(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kellibae:
Hmm..buh truth be told but i semll runtown's handwork all over that song.
keep smelling....runtown use Him mouth say no be him get song Una still dey argue....
Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by Kellibae(f): 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hotshawarma:
keep smelling....runtown use Him mouth say no be him get song Una still dey argue....nigerians sef..

Were u expecting him to come out publicly and say yes before?..
Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by Hotshawarma(m): 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kellibae:

Were u expecting him to come out publicly and say yes before?..
k

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Sell Songs” – Runtown Reacts To Report He Sold ‘aye’ To Davido by Macdawid(m): 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Adonbilivit, Davido's sound is quite diff, Runtown is written all over that music 100%... Years back Davido admitted he bought it from him, so wtf!

(1) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Celebrates Wizkid As He Shut Down Washington DC Concert / Photo: Actress Rukky Sandra Look So Adorable In This Dress In New Photo / “I Finally Had Sex Today” – Bobrisky Announces On Snapchat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.