Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

5 Facts I Bet You Didn't Know - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Facts I Bet You Didn't Know (893 Views)

Mind Blowing Did You Know Facts I Bet You Haven't Heard Before / Some Interesting Facts I Bet You Never Knew / Have You Ever Seen An Electric Poll Like This In Nigeria? I Bet You Dont (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Facts I Bet You Didn't Know by Intanet(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
The best part of life I’ve come to understand is the unending learning that we must undergo. Here are the 5 facts that you probably did not know.

Actually banana peels are a kind of miracle medicine. Strange fact? If you are not a big fan of medicine, you should be excited about this. These banana peel cures are nothing new, just rubbing the banana peel on bug bites/ rashes definitely stops the itching and this comes in handy in Atlanta since they have gigantic Tiger mosquitoes.

The sugars from the peel may help draw liquid out of the bite, so by rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the area tends to stop the pain.

Note that it will just allay some of the itching, it will not break the basis problem, like the oils that contaminated plants leave on your skin. This might sound a bit strange but its worth the try.

CRABS HAVE TEETH IN THEIR STOMACH

Most crabs have very soft feathery mouths, so they need a way to break up all the food they consume. In fact, instead of munching and flouting up food in their mouths, they do this is their stomachs. A crab’s abdomen is breach into two locations, the first houses three able teeth to grind up the aliment they eat, able enough to grind up hard and abrasive material, including shells. The teeth are fabricated of exoskeleton actual shaped like teeth, so a bit different to ours.

Although crabs don’t have teeth inside their mouth, some crabs such as the decorator and brown crabs have teeth in their stomachs. (The decorator crab (Oregonia gracilis) uses a hard, exoskeleton-like anatomy in its abdomen to grind up aliment that is anesthetized into its belly tract. These belly teeth are present in added species, such as the amber backtalk (Cancer pagurus), and even in some types of lobsters.

RABBIT AND PARROT ARE THE ONLY KIND OF ANIMAL THAT SEE BEHIND WITHOUT TURNING (FACT)

Animals which have an actual advanced acreage of appearance that in fact extends far abundant about the head that they can see behind them. These animals would need to accept eyes on the abandon of their heads, relatively than the front. Then, the eyes or the skull, would have to be abiding in such a way that noting blocked the field of view towards the back.

Rabbits and Parrots eyes are on the ancillary of their head and can hinge (alternating) 360 degrees. This is so they can see all predators (enemies). They as well hinge apart so it can accumulate its eyes on 2 predators at once, that’s why they are harder to catch.

CHOCOLATE KILLS DOGS AS IT AFFECTS A DOG’S HEART AND NERVOUS SYSTEM

The problem, according to veterinary experts, is that consuming a fleck of chocolate leads a dog to need more. Larger amounts of chocolate, decidedly of the most toxic type, can convoy with epileptic attacks in some dogs which can kill them. Chocolate contains an alkaloid called theobromine. A naturally occurring analeptic found in the chocolate, theobromine escalates urination and disturbs the central nervous system as able-bodied as heart muscle. While amounts alter by blazon of chocolate, it’s the theobromine that is poisonous to dogs.

Its a fact that Dogs and assertive added animals, such as horses and cats, cannot metabolize theobromine as humans can; this causes the above effect to be more severe than is the case with humans. The precise notable side effects of baneful levels of theobromine in dogs includes: diarrhea; vomiting; added urination; beef twitching; boundless panting; agitated conduct; droning; thirst; gastric complications; seizures; and rapid heart rate. Some of these symptoms, like the quick heart rate, can eventually be baleful to the dog.

SNAILS CAN SLEEP FOR 3 YEARS WITHOUT EATING

For snails there is something called Hibernation which means that snails sleeps off when the weather becomes badly cold, it is important for the survival of snails. It is as well been accepted that some breed of arid snails can hibernate for 3 years while waiting for the temperature to become favorable for them before in fact dying.

During the day snails sleep in the aegis of their shell, with their eyes inside of their heads. Snails augment at night, munching on whatever vegetation they can find.

Source: https://www.jeelda.com/5-strange-facts-bet-didnt-know/
Re: 5 Facts I Bet You Didn't Know by olatola00(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hen hen,

(1) (Reply)

Norwegian Side, Lillestroam Land Nigerian Starlet, Moses Ebiye / See What I Saw In Someone's Banana Plantations (Photo) / How To Clean Burnt Pots And Pans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.