Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

When A Born Again Falls Inlove (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When A Born Again Falls Inlove (A Short Story) (677 Views)

HOW I Fall Inlove With A Prostitu{true Life Story} / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Born Again Falls Inlove (A Short Story) by Trip4Jozzy(m): 11:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
A short story about a spirit filled believer who falls in love only to be dropped like a hot plate of EBA...

All rights reserved....
Re: When A Born Again Falls Inlove (A Short Story) by Trip4Jozzy(m): 11:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Halleluyah!! Amen! Yes sir, Uh huh! That’s right sir! Jesus! Rhema! Tell them sir!!
All these chants filled the auditorium as the man of God blasted away in high spirits, dishing out the word of God in different dimensions, we followed his every thought as he blessed us with the pasture he was called to feed us with, this place was a green pasture as the word was always fresh gulped down with fresh water of love, it was the place for me, this was home for me, this walls I have known for over six years.
The service glided to an end and the sheep flocked outside, some to socialize others on their way to their pen for the nights rest, I greeted a couple of people, hugged those dearer to my heart, laughed some hearty laughs, then stepped out to check for one of my buddy who I didn’t see in the auditorium, it was in the process of looking around that I saw a frame in the dark, lurking, alone, I could see the eyes darting to and fro as if in search of a missing treasure in dark vault, for some reason I cannot explain I stretched out an arm of friendship and the frame took it, so I pulled the frame into the light and indeed light shone on this majestic frame, though shy this frame was but there was beauty in this shy unfamiliar face, as I drank into the Beauty of the sight, I was interrupted by a call from within the auditorium, higher authority was beaconing for my presence “I dey come” I yell back half-annoyed for the interruption, so I took down the digits and galloped into the auditorium wondering what came over me as this was not my usual style (yeah I have a holy anointed style), I don’t fraternize with strangers, especially not in church, naaa, something was up, but it was boiling far below the noticeable Fahrenheit so I didn’t paid it a centigrade of attention…..
Re: When A Born Again Falls Inlove (A Short Story) by Trip4Jozzy(m): 11:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
A worker on a construction site would wait until the end of the day, then walk out with a wheelbarrow filled with dirt. The Management was positive he was stealing supplies, but every security check of the wheelbarrow accounted for nothing but plain sand. After the job was completed and the worker collected his final paycheck, the foreman walked up to him and said, "Mike, I know you were stealing something. Tell me the truth, wetin you been dey take'?"
"Wheelbarrows!" Mike replied with a mischievous grin on his face.
Growing up on the streets, you pick up a thing or two about smartness, because survival is the key word on the streets. I grew up in one of the suburbs in one of the Northern states of the country, where I’m from, if you are not smart or like we like to call it “sharp” then nothing for you, all meats will be stripped off the bones and no matter how patient you are, you won’t obtain any fat bones, in fact you’re lucky if you meet any bones at all. My Joke above is the kind of sharpness I’m referring to, with the utmost innocence on your face, you deflect people’s attention away from the crime your hand is actually committing. How God was able to reach out and save me is still a mystery to me, because for as long as I can remember, I have always been a ‘church boy’, the church was my second home, Mama made sure of that, see My Mama could pray for Africa, cheii!! I used to wonder what it was you’ll be praying for, for over an hour, it was a struggle just to get through ‘Our Lord’s Prayer’ and not fall asleep, talk more of prayer above an hour. It will interest you to know that mama never went to school yet she could quote scriptures, the woman is a blessing to me especially, because the fire she carried I contacted, something tells me she struck a deal with God about me.
Ehsom Soga is my name, wonder not at the “unusuality” of the name – it means savior, I was born to be a savior, but I myself have needed saving so many times, had it not been for the hand of God upon my life, I would have been forgotten long before now, the Olowogbogboro himself was the one who held my life together.
Oh!!! Sorry, I got carried away talking about myself, this story was not intended to be about me, it’s about the girl – I meant the frame in the dark –ooops! Cat’s out of the bag, well then I should tell you about the girl.
For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to grow a relationship that will lead to marriage and end by death. Ada was teachable, understanding, nice, full of untapped potentials in my area of interest and call, she loves God and is willing to be a committed and a faithful wife, the compatibility is unparalleled, I have so much strength in her area of weakness and vice versa.
Ada is beautiful and fair, a thing of beauty to behold, she couldn’t walk into a hall without 101 eyes drifting automatically in her direction, heads spinning, minds wagging in joy at the delightful sight to which they beheld. Her nose was pointed but way shorter than that of Pinocchio, her eyes were so bright you could find your lost coin in a dark room, and her smile……. When she smiled it was as though, the lilies meeting with the morning star in a rainbow garden had exploded in a colorful array of splendor, sending warmth and love down your very spine as it captures you in the most serene way ever, I never even knew a smile could make one feel such an emotion, I believe if a sonogram of the brain was taken in the instant she smiled, the print would look something like a picture of a golden apple in silver painting on a diamond canvass with a frame made from a thousand pearls – Ada is truly a definition of a human goddess.
If there was more than these out there, I didn’t want it, these was what I wanted, anything more than this would connote suicide, because any feeling of euphoria greater than this would definitely kill, this was already too much to contain. But all these were not noticed in one day neither did it grow at ones, it was nurtured slowly. After collecting her digits I didn’t even call her for weeks, at first I thought she wasn’t my type, she didn’t look like anyone I have been with, in the past, you have to understand that I am outgoing and all what you may like to call an extrovert, I enter a dark room, I lit it up, if the place is cold we set it on fire, that was me, she was the very opposite; she was reserved, calm, shy, quiet (or so I thought at first), this reminds of me of our first hang out and her ridiculous impression about me…….
Re: When A Born Again Falls Inlove (A Short Story) by Priscy01(f): 7:35am On Jul 03, 2017
D story is jammy....can read...pls tabulate ur write-up check Bukky Alakara by SheWrites

(1) (Reply)

Breakaway - A Short Story / Fiction Job Alert: Earn Up To N10/word Writing Short Stories / Agent Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.