Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt (652 Views)

Why Are Betking Agents Closing Down Their Locations? / Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt by Elcid1(m): 10:36am On Jul 03, 2017
Hello guys
i dont know if am the only one observing this strange trend of lots of shops closing down here in portharcourt?
could recall how hard it was to get a shop at an attractive area, but now you now have lots of choices to make while selecting due to lots of available shops shocked shocked shocked
Re: The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt by hatchy(f): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2017
Not only shops but houses,the entire property market have fallen.In my area Woji,Port Harcourt, you hardly see a vacant shop on the road or 1/2 bedroom flat in the past no matter how poorly constructed they may be.

This is the effect of the economic recession as people don't have money to move or hire new places.Jobs are lost on daily basis and no money to pay rent therefore leading to the property market crash.

Its everywhere and not just port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt by Elcid1(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2017
meaning that people are going back to their villages.... this is serious
hatchy:
Not only shops but houses,the entire property market have fallen.In my area Woji,Port Harcourt, you hardly see a vacant shop on the road or 1/2 bedroom flat in the past no matter how poorly constructed they may be.

This is the effect of the economic recession as people don't have money to move or hire new places.Jobs are lost on daily basis and no money to pay rent therefore leading to the property market crash.

Its everywhere and not just port Harcourt.
Re: The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt by jokinexcel(m): 11:47am On Jul 03, 2017
I was wondering if am the only one observing it. In the past it's very difficult to see vacant shop at ikwerre Road but now one can count more than one hundred vacant shops from Rumuokoro to mile 3. The recession is really affecting businesses in Port Harcourt.
Re: The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt by Elcid1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
please mod lets have this on front page to get wide view on this strange development. so as to enable people to invest wisely and plan wella
Re: The High Rate Of Business Closing Down Here In Porthacourt by jefy(m): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
cost of doing business is going too high on an alarming rate. Shop rent in port Harcourt, very expensive, too many taxes from hooligans dressed in government suits, things too expensive plus no Jobs. raising business capital is hectic. some shops go for 30 k and above per month. Men the town no easy , selling on the road side is even harder . Those guys on yellow will not allow you breath. It is well

(1) (Reply)

Tell 25,000 Nigerians About Your Business & Watch Your Business Grow / Help Me Withdraw My Earning On Fiverr Usin Paypal / Timblogger Wins The Spark Rookie For August 2017 Courtesy Of Lai Labode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.