Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. (4539 Views)

See The Reply ASUU Gave One Of It's Twitter Followers / A Friend Got A Disappointing Reply After Applying For A Foreign program abroad / Seye Oduyale Bags Medical Degree In U.S. After Applying For 8 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by nicemajor(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2017
I have a feeling this is scam.. after I ran a check on that name (Mrs Comfort Ejikeme) I discovered she had a bad record of sex scandal. Pls what do u guys think?

Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Gobhanky: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2017
Scam

Customer care format.
Id its real na yankee nos and instant customer care chat from the website.
Thisbna local scam.
Play along.
But everything na owo.
Na guy man run dis package for u so.
Scam

1 Like

Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Fuckallmods: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
I think only big names have records for sex scandals. Op use your head but don't always have the feeling it's scam. Don't let the fear of losing according to Robert suppress the feel of winning
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by checkolatunji: 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
nicemajor:
I have a feeling this is scam.. after I ran a check on that name (Mrs Comfort Ejikeme) I discovered she had a bad record of sex scandal. Pls what do u guys think?

Run for your life
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
Scam Format. Run.

There are many red flags in that mail that you dont even need Nairaland to tell you its a scam.

1) Scammers are always quick to get to the money part and end the transaction. Desperation usually gives them off because they are hungry. Go through that mail 4 times... Desperation is written all over it.

2) Scammers usually use big names like School principals, Pastors, Bishops, Imams, CEOs to get you off your guard. The person behind that mail is aware that once you see "Vice Principal", your head Will swell up and you will loose guard. Your emotions will now let you down because you will be like "How will a vice principal scam me"? They will now start extorting money from you small small. From 10,000... it will reach 1 million. Because they are aware that if you pay the first one, chances are there your emotions won't allow you to back out.

3) The email "guarantees" you a placement in the university. Lol. Nonsense. Let me tell you, even if you were to be physically present in the school, chances are that they won't guarantee you an admission because there is a process to be followed.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS: RUN!

16 Likes

Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Elmojiid(m): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
give it a try nw
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by gcof(m): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Op, this is probably not a scam. A lot of Nigerian students abroad help others acquire admission. Don't worry about the woman you were asked to contact, it might just be his mum helping him meet people face to face if you are not convinced with just talking with them on phone. I used to run such package for my friend while he was studying in Ukraine. The Nigerian representative tag is just packaging. Note that all those are just Nigerian students hustling to meet ends needs. It is not an official email for those mentioning red flags

2 Likes

Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by gcof(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
iamexcelblog:
Scam Format. Run.

There are many red flags in that mail that you dont even need Nairaland to tell you its a scam.

1) Scammers are always quick to get to the money part and end the transaction. Desperation usually gives them off because they are hungry. Go through that mail 4 times... Desperation is written all over it.

2) Scammers usually use big names like School principals, Pastors, Bishops, Imams, CEOs to get you off your guard. The person behind that mail is aware that once you see "Vice Principal", your head Will swell up and you will loose guard. Your emotions will now let you down because you will be like "How will a vice principal scam me"? They will now start extorting money from you small small. From 10,000... it will reach 1 million. Because they are aware that if you pay the first one, chances are there your emotions won't allow you to back out.

3) The email "guarantees" you a placement in the university. Lol. Nonsense. Let me tell you, even if you were to be physically present in the school, chances are that they won't guarantee you an admission because there is a process to be followed.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS: RUN!
this is not a scam. Most of the schools in Europe except U.K has no problem in gaining admission as long as you have all the qualifications. What he just need to do is to meet the woman and if he is convinced he can go ahead. The only amount he'll be charged is his admission processing fee which is usually between $200-300. After he has gotten his admission letter, he'll proceed to the embassy for visa on his own or with their help if he needs it. Every other fees are paid when you arrive in the university
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by mankand(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
It is not a scam, apparently the company in Ukraine have a representative they use in Nigeria.

For example I work.with a Ukrainian company too for admissions into Ukraine and all inquiries from Nigeria and other African countries are redirected to me.

It's a normal practice
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
nicemajor:

Trust your instincts and do some more research.

Doesn't the university have a website?

You can contact them directly.
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Schwartz: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
nicemajor:
I seriously think its a scam. Schools abroad have no link or business with the visa process and embassy. Even when you are admitted and you have a problem getting a visa they always say its not in thier place to issue you a visa or to influence the decisions of the embassy. I relocated abroad through studies so I know.

Why not contact the school (in Ukraine) itself through their website and send am email to the admissions office of the school? Ask all you needed to know plus if the woman in question is their staff. They must have a website. Just google the school name, see the website and contacts.

1 Like

Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by gcof(m): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Schwartz:

I seriously think its a scam. Schools abroad have no link or business with the visa process and embassy. Even when you are admitted and you have a problem getting a visa they always say its not in thier place to issue you a visa or to influence the decisions of the embassy. I relocated abroad through studies so I know.

Why not contact the school (in Ukraine) itself through their website and send am email to the admissions office of the school? Ask all you needed to know plus if the woman in question is their staff. They must have a website. Just google the school name, see the website and contacts.
that email is not from the university, it is from an agent probably a Nigerian schooling in Ukraine. Check out studyassistukraine
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by gcof(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
Op any question you have concerning studying in Ukraine you can freely ask me. I'l be here to answer your questions
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by HMZi: 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
she teaches home econs at fgc otobi',,,i graduated frm tHere..She tried to cover up a sex scandal btw a student and d principal during d fedcoL game...she is a genuine agent tho...She has helped pipS i knw....Lol...What a small world

3 Likes

Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Idydarling(f): 12:40am On Jul 04, 2017
The poster above has some info
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by funlord(m): 1:13am On Jul 04, 2017
Scamology loading!
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by fecosequence(m): 6:00am On Jul 04, 2017
not a scam,u applied for Ukraine university
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by NowisGod109(f): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2017
They must have seen ur email somewhere and get to know that u applied for stuff like DAT. They will scam d life outa u. They scammed a friend of mine using d same format. If u don't get a mail directly from d school na scam...not agent o
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 04, 2017
See people jumping into conclusion based on an email that has no iota of crime.

Nicemajor, hope you know that coming here with an email conversation which in itselt isn't a fraud means you may be tarnishing someone's business image?

Most of those commenting here might be fraudsters themselves. No legitimate business owner would jump into conclusion that another man's business is a scam when no one has complained of losing money.

You guys are all so insensitive.
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by cy4cent(f): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2017
*STUDY IN PHILIPPINES*

*2017/2018 AUGUST ADMISSION*

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- O level Result [WAEC / NECO
- Birth Certificate
- Testimonial
- Four(4) Passport Photograph
- International Passport
- Transcript [for transfer students only]

NB//
Tuition Fee in some schools there is cheaper than most private universities in Nigeria, it is paid per semester and can be paid by instalment.
Tuition fee can be in the range of *120,000 - 600,000* in NGN depending on the course..

*RESUMPTION DATE:*
August
November

*WHO CAN APPLY?*

... Students with Waec/Neco Result.

... Students who didn't make jamb.

...Students who made jamb but couldn't get admitted

... Transferees with transcript

Masters programs aspirants.

*RN that want to get BSN*
12-18 months

*BENEFITS OF STUDYING IN PHILIPPINES:*

... The B.Sc. programme runs for 4years

3years with Summer

No strike

1 year premed

Low tuition fee

Standard and modern infrastructure
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
nicemajor:

Don't be a victim, keep your money.
Re: See The Reply I Got, After Applying For A Study Abroad Advert. by Dwyery: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2019
Nye land is improved with the efforts of the experts of the field. The questions of the land and bestessays uk are implemented for the candidates. Land is exposed with the support of the vial parts for the future times. It is hidden for the few tools for the humans.

(1) (Reply)

Application Letter From A Man Hoping To Be A Teacher Goes Viral (pix) / See State Of Hostel Of A Private Varsity Worth Over N1.2million In Fees (VIDEO) / Uniben Post Ume Past Question And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.