Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,597 members, 7,837,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Aston Villa Confirm John Terry Signing - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aston Villa Confirm John Terry Signing (319 Views)

John Terry Signs Contract Extension At Aston Villa / Birmingham Fan Jailed For 14 Weeks After Punching Aston Villa's Jack Grealish / Why I Hate Ex Chelsea Captain, John Terry So Much - Cesc Fabregas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aston Villa Confirm John Terry Signing by samsonslides: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
Aston Villa have completed the signing of former Chelsea captain John Terry on a one-year deal.

After making the decision to end his long-term association with the Blues, Terry was linked with numerous clubs both home and abroad and at one stage, it appeared likely that he would join Bournemouth.

However, the 36-year-old has instead decided to drop down to the Championship to try to help the West Midlands outfit earn a return to the Premier League.

He told the club’s official website: “I am delighted to join Aston Villa. It’s a club I have admired from afar for many years – there are fantastic facilities at Bodymoor Heath, Villa Park is one of the finest stadiums in the country and there’s a good group of players here, with an experienced and successful manager in Steve Bruce.

“I can’t wait to get started now and look to help the squad achieve something special this season.”

Birmingham City had also been keen on signing the centre-back, but Villa have gotten one over their city rivals ahead of the new campaign.
Read More Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

(1) (Reply)

Nemanja Matic Reunited With Mourinho At Manchester United / La Liga Rejects PSG Payment Of Neymar’s €222m Release Clause / Tennis Star, Serena Williams Gives Birth To Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.