Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) (1105 Views)

Http://www.go4trial.com/premier-diet-keto/ / Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! / How Does Ketogenic Diet Helps In Weight Loss And Increases Clarity Of Thinking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) by Gloexcel4u2: 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Do you know that ketogenic diet has existed for almost 100 years and was invented to help epileptics?
Do you know weight lost is just one of the icing on the diet?

Few months ago, some of my friends picked up the attitude of posting funny looking food on their social handle with hash tags like #keto, #ketogenicdiet, #ketoworkingwonders and so forth. I was absolutely out of placed due to the fact that I wasn't taken along, maybe due to distance as we stay in different location and I don't have much flesh as they do.
Well, it didn't make much sense until they started losing stomach fat and the body weight they have been struggling with and Ta-Da!!! It became very clear they had been on a food plan.
I without delay became interested by this weight loss plan that works like magic, I joined numerous online groups with the name Ketogenic or Keto.. Lots of before and after pictures that were mind blowing popped up. I was definitely galvanize, however very confused on what the food regimen is all about. So I started my search on ketogenic diet.

History of the ketogenic diet
Do you know that ketogenic diet has existed for almost 100 years and was invented to help epileptics?
The treatment of epilepsy some century ago is what brought about this diet called ketogenic. In fact, it was the number one treatment for epilepsy.
The ketogenic diet, a close cousin of the low-carb food plan, was invented in 1921 by Dr. Russel Wilder in Minnesota. He wanted to reproduce the effects of fasting in a regime that could be maintained indefinitely. Fasting had beneficial effects on patients with refractory epilepsy: depriving the brain of sugar seemed to protect it from seizures.
With the arrival of anti-epileptics on the market such as phenobarbital, phenytoin and new drugs, the diet was quickly forgotten.
The ketogenic food plan (diet) returned to the forefront in 1994 thanks to Jim Abrahams, famous American producer of comic films like "There is a pilot on the plane" or "Hotshot".
His son Charlie began his epilepsy about 2 years (in 1993). After seeing 6 doctors, tried many ineffective medications on seizures with disastrous side effects, Jim Abrahams commenced research by himself.
After locating an experiment on the ketogenic eating regimen at the John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore (northeastern United States in the state of Maryland), Jim took his son there. His son went from a hundred crises a day to zero under 48 hours of Keto eating regimen. Charlie observed the ketogenic diet for 5 years, he's now taken into consideration cured, he's presently studying at the college.

Ketogenic Diet
Ketogenic diet is a food regimen that is very low in carbohydrates and excessive in fats. Even as the intake of carbohydrates is...Read more
https:///qtu4gu
Re: The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) by emmanuelex1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Great write up but as a dietitian I will not agree with word excessive fat rather I will say more fats, in fact there should be nutritional assessment in order to ascertain the ratio of fats to carb depending on the patient. Nevertheless great write-up.
Gloexcel4u2:
Do you know weight lost is just one of the icing on the diet?

Few months ago, some of my friends picked up the attitude of posting funny looking food on their social handle with hash tags like #keto, #ketogenicdiet, #ketoworkingwonders and so forth. I was absolutely out of placed due to the fact that I wasn't taken along, maybe due to distance as we stay in different location and I don't have much flesh as they do.
Well, it didn't make much sense until they started losing stomach fat and the body weight they have been struggling with and Ta-Da!!! It became very clear they had been on a food plan.
I without delay became interested by this weight loss plan that works like magic, I joined numerous online groups with the name Ketogenic or Keto.. Lots of before and after pictures that were mind blowing popped up. I was definitely galvanize, however very confused on what the food regimen is all about. So I started my search on ketogenic diet.

History of the ketogenic diet
The treatment of epilepsy some century ago is what brought about this diet called ketogenic. In fact, it was the number one treatment for epilepsy.
The ketogenic diet, a close cousin of the low-carb food plan, was invented in 1921 by Dr. Russel Wilder in Minnesota. He wanted to reproduce the effects of fasting in a regime that could be maintained indefinitely. Fasting had beneficial effects on patients with refractory epilepsy: depriving the brain of sugar seemed to protect it from seizures.
With the arrival of anti-epileptics on the market such as phenobarbital, phenytoin and new drugs, the diet was quickly forgotten.
The ketogenic food plan (diet) returned to the forefront in 1994 thanks to Jim Abrahams, famous American producer of comic films like "There is a pilot on the plane" or "Hotshot".
His son Charlie began his epilepsy about 2 years (in 1993). After seeing 6 doctors, tried many ineffective medications on seizures with disastrous side effects, Jim Abrahams commenced research by himself.
After locating an experiment on the ketogenic eating regimen at the John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore (northeastern United States in the state of Maryland), Jim took his son there. His son went from a hundred crises a day to zero under 48 hours of Keto eating regimen. Charlie observed the ketogenic diet for 5 years, he's now taken into consideration cured, he's presently studying at the college.

Ketogenic Diet
Ketogenic diet is a food regimen that is very low in carbohydrates and excessive in fats. Even as the intake of carbohydrates is...Read more
https:///qtu4gu
Re: The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) by Gloexcel4u2: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2017
OK noted... Thanks!
emmanuelex1:
Great write up but as a dietitian I will not agree with word excessive fat rather I will say more fats, in fact there should be nutritional assessment in order to ascertain the ratio of fats to carb depending on the patient. Nevertheless great write-up.
Re: The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) by Gloexcel4u2: 12:08am On Jul 04, 2017
emmanuelex1:

OK noted... Thanks!
Re: The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) by MissIndependent(f): 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please someone should refer me to a watsapp group or Nairaland thread for Keto. I want to join the diet challenge and lose some weight please I need the timetable for the food to take daily, what to avoid etc... Thanks smiley
Re: The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) by jtkoko9(f): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Search for ketogenic lifestyle on Facebook.

quote author=MissIndependent post=58322309]Please someone should refer me to a watsapp group or Nairaland thread for Keto. I want to join the diet challenge and lose some weight please I need the timetable for the food to take daily, what to avoid etc... Thanks smiley[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The New Trend Called Ketogenic Diet (keto) by JohnNgene: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
This Ketogenic diet is becoming more and more popular in Nigeria. I found out about it from one of my customers this month.

By the way, I sell waist-trainers, girdles, butt-lifters, bumbum, ladies' undies, s*e*x toys etc. So, I meet a lot of women who want to lose weight.

I don't need it myself because I'm slim and fit enough. If I add any type of dieting eh, I go resemble H.I.V. Lol. I'm thinking of starting fitness-training for some of my customers. That's why I'm interested in introducing them to this fascinating KETO or KETOGENIC DIET.

(1) (Reply)

Nicosan Tablet-urgent / Here's What To Do When A Fishbone Stick To Your Throat / 6 Easy-to-do Steps Banana Peel Can Help You Whiten Your Dirty Teeth {must See}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.