Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1666 Views)

"My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding / See What A Mother Did When She Walked In On Her Daughters Twerking (video) / °°• Sad And Depressing Truths You Might Not Have Realized°°• (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by teamsynergy: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
change of location if possible and opening up to people who truly care or in similar situation, help in reducing the burden.

being hopeful is very important too..... if not one won't see light at d end of the tunnel

3 Likes

Re: . by izzou(m): 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
missmishel:
Have you ever being in a situation where its seems nothing is working out no matter how hard you tried?

Have you every felt so depressed knowing that the people you so much love and would do anything for, could turned back to hurt you?

what about the hurt felt when you realize that the one you loved didn't love you back. ?

what of the thought of committing suicide but the other thought of whom to care for your daughter wouldn't let you?

Have you ever felt all these or walked in these shoes?
what did you do? how did u overcome?

Committing suicide is cowardice.

I used to be a slave of depression in the past. But one day i looked into the mirror and said to myself, Nobody or no one can still my joy

For you to be above depression, you must be able to forgive easily, be able to let go and be able to try and try again. Have friends that you can always lean on, and above all, love God, Others and yourself

8 Likes

Re: . by ipobarecriminals: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
sad tell us ur own story
Re: . by fran6co(m): 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
relax everything is a process, every disappointing situation was design to make u stronger. there are alot of people out there who are passing through more difficult and frustrating condition but somehow they still put on a very big smile and patch on With life. nothing last forever.
. every trial you overcome cums with upliftment someday u look bk at this challenges and smile.
allow.time.to wash away the worries of today. keep believing and keep praying.
#u ar nt d first to go tru difficult times
Re: . by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
relocate asap! or go into exile.. don't receive any call. change ur sim if needed. if u use to dey online try to set ur mods to offline like facebook or whatsapp.
Re: . by OliveCynosure(f): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
Depression is gross. Isn't it funny that depressed people looks the happiest but inside they're dying.
Re: . by tuscani: 12:18am On Jul 05, 2017
missmishel:
Have you ever being in a situation where its seems nothing is working out no matter how hard you tried?

Have you every felt so depressed knowing that the people you so much love and would do anything for, could turned back to hurt you?

what about the hurt felt when you realize that the one you loved didn't love you back. ?

what of the thought of committing suicide but the other thought of whom to care for your daughter wouldn't let you?

I am in that situation, I need solution please
Re: . by saintneo(m): 6:03am On Jul 05, 2017
missmishel:

Yes, I turned to God; I mean complete submission to God. This is not a Pastor/Man of God thing, I do not trust them.

No long stories, do you have a handwork(hobby) that you love to do that can fetch you some money, no matter how little; then, i suggest you yield it to God just like Peter submitted his fishing boat to Jesus. Go into that hobby of yours, make little adverts, pray to God to bless your handwork; finally, avoid sin at all cost.

Miracles can happen, just believe; I've been there, and it's a long lonely road.

NB: Being righteous is very important for our relationship with God to improve. I once stopped some dirty deals, suddenly I needed some money and I got involved in the dirty deal just once; I ended up losing something​ 10times more valuable than the profit from the dirty deal two weeks later.

2 Likes

Re: . by doubletroublmum(f): 6:39am On Jul 05, 2017
I've had bad times too. Try the following:

Believe in god, believe in yourself and get something doing. Try to keep yourself busy and keep contact to people. Sooner or later you will forget your problem... At least it won't hurt so much anymore....

1 Like

Re: . by Benbisco(f): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2017
adetoroamos:
relocate asap! or go into exile.. don't receive any call. change ur sim if needed. if u use to dey online try to set ur mods to offline like facebook or whatsapp.

Wow! But it appears the OP needs encouragement and not seclusion. If all you suggested is done how would the op had gotten here to share such experience?

@ OP, Its a phase of life you are going thru at the moment. I am presently going thru a phase that is not so pleasant but like someone said earlier, get closer to God. Read other people's testimonies and success stories. Look at your daughter each day and tell yourself u have a reason to go on.

Abi you no wan be "Mother of the Bride" someday?

2 Likes

Re: . by MizAijay(f): 10:55am On Jul 05, 2017
missmishel:

Here's a simple thing to try. It works for me.
Focus on that one thing that has made you not commit suicide or give up, your daughter. Take a moment to look at her before you sleep at night and before you go about your business in the morning and make a solemn promise not to let her down. Always remind yourself about how much she needs you.
I hope this helps. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: . by KanwuliaExtra: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
You just take one day at a time.
Not easy, but life must go on. kiss

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks @all.
Re: . by joyAA(f): 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hmmmm,

Been through all , the only reason I didn't commit suicide was because I lacked courage. You even have a stronger reason to keep you strong and hopeful.

Really, what healed my battle with depression asides from the #God factor is that I learned to accept situations and move on instead of trying to change them.
You can only change tomorrow, so get to work

As for things not working out n stuff, that's life!!! You can sugarcoat it all you want but one must fail in life before you eventually succeed if patient

I mean look at Festus Keyamo finally becoming a SAN after all these years.

You need to refocus, what are you drawing your strength from? The past? People? Family? God?
My advise to you is yo focus on God-not church, not denomination, not religion, not pastors or prophets- and brace yourself cos things will get tough before they finally get better

Finally, your love happens and then its lost, its life, if they loved you, they wouldn't hurt you so much. Face it sis, #toughlove
You gotta be strong enough for 2 cs of baby girl. She's watching you, she loves you, that's all that matters

Be brave and weather the storm sis

We are rooting for you

I am rooting for you

Youre gonna come out of it and even help people!

God be with you

#nevergiveup

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
thanks dear
Re: . by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2017
Thanks so much @everybody . every thing you took your time to write here was really helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Area With Best Electricity In Ibadan Or Abeokuta / Gay Marriages / Why Do Poor Men Give Birth To More Children Than D Rich.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.