Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Temitope - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Temitope (842 Views)

Depression A Motivational Write Up By Mary Temitope / If I Had Known A Poem By Mary Temitope Inspired By Adekunle Gold / I Wish I Never Meet Him A Regret Story By Mary Temitope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temitope by demiladegold(f): 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hi guys, been a long time since ive been here.... i have never written any book here on nairaland, infact i havent written at all in a long time. this is my first book in a long time and i decided to drop it here. hope you enjoy it..... i really dont know who to tag so please just tag peoplr if you find it interesting.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Temitope by demiladegold(f): 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
PROLOGUE

Wait! Maybe I didn’t hear what he just said properly. Why are they all looking at me like I’m a time bomb about to explode? He has to be joking. Why would he joke about something like that? My ears are definitely playing games on me. I need to ask him to repeat himself.
“sir, what did you just say?”

“Temmy is dead, you just have to take heart, I know how you must be feeling right now. Just calm down”

Calm down? Did he just say calm down, how can he tell me to calm down, how can she be dead? This is not possible. My sister is dead. My best friend, confidant, partner in crime, my small mummy is dead and he’s telling me to calm down?

Ok fine, I’m calm. I’m not even crying, I’m sure I’m dreaming, and I want details of how it happened in this dream so I can wake up and tell her to be careful.

“Uncle, what happened? How, where, when?” I just kept pouring out the questions.

He looked at me the same way you would look at a little homeless puppy that has been beaten by the rain; with so much pity in his eyes.
“She was hit by a trailer on Thursday and she just died today”. He said with so much pity in his eyes it hurt.

Wait! Did he just say Thursday? That’s three days ago, why wasn’t I told about the accident? All my Uncles are in the car with me right now, I feel betrayed. Why wasn’t I told about the accident until she died. I wasn’t given a chance to say goodbye. Memories of the last thing she said to me came to my mind and I burst into tears. And then it hit me, she’s really gone, she’s not coming back.

“Noooooooooooooooo!” I screamed and I was almost sure the whole world heard my scream. “please bring her back, please tell her not to leave me, she can’t do this to me, she definitely can’t do this to Mom” at that point I remembered my poor Mother. How was she taking this, she’s a strong woman but how would she take the death of a child, how would my sick Dad take this, what of my other siblings? She couldn’t just leave all of us in pain. Maybe she was just unconscious and she would wake up when she hears my voice just like in the movies.

All this was in my thought as I cried like a baby, as the car moved towards Ibadan, towards my grieving Family, towards the body of my beloved Sister.

I’m about to tell you in details how my newly engaged, fresh first-class University Graduate sister was taken by the cold hands of death and reckless truck drivers as I was told. Including some flashbacks to our times together.

NOTE; this is not a story with a happy ending, this is a true life story, this is a dedication to my sister, Temitope Oluwafunmilayo and every Family that has lost a loved one to the cold hands of death one way or the other.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Temitope by MidasTouche01(m): 11:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
Demiladegold, I'm sorry I can't read your story, my heart can't handle too much sadness and I love happy endings....

But I'm very sure you will do a very wonderful job with this story

CC:

mifavour, Deyvid123, stalwart123, Ishilove, amicable09, vulpeslopez, EniHolar, omojane91, hysteriabox, tobex23, Ladycloud, MizAlero, Archiandmanagers, Mikylopez, Mimzyy, hanubarbie, mercichoco, bukunmitemmy, edimahgurl, barbietosin, limeta, CaraJewel, Bhehkey, MhizVeronica, photoshoot, sydneywhite, SWITANN, GiftyGlee, Adayoung, Jas1000, Certifiedbillio, SANDOSKI, KingRex1, demiladegold, makydebbie, vizkiz, missyQween, cruzita, sunnywinter, Abimloaded, Thessyrain, Smellymouth, Sleekyshuga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope by demiladegold(f): 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
MidasTouche01:
Demiladegold, I'm sorry I can't read your story, my heart can't handle too much sadness and I love happy endings....

CC:

mifavour, Deyvid123, stalwart123, Ishilove, amicable09, vulpeslopez, EniHolar, omojane91, hysteriabox, tobex23, Ladycloud, MizAlero, Archiandmanagers, Mikylopez, Mimzyy, hanubarbie, mercichoco, bukunmitemmy, edimahgurl, barbietosin, limeta, CaraJewel, Bhehkey, MhizVeronica, photoshoot, sydneywhite, SWITANN, GiftyGlee, Adayoung, Jas1000, Certifiedbillio, SANDOSKI, KingRex1, demiladegold, makydebbie, vizkiz, missyQween, cruzita, sunnywinter, Abimloaded, Thessyrain, Smellymouth, Sleekyshuga

Thanks dear
Re: Temitope by makydee(f): 11:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
MidasTouche01:

CC:

This one you remembered me today.

1 Like

Re: Temitope by makydee(f): 11:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
demiladegold:
Hi guys, been a long time since ive been here.... i have never written any book here on nairaland, infact i havent written at all in a long time. this is my first book in a long time and i decided to drop it here. hope you enjoy it..... i really dont know who to tag so please just tag peoplr if you find it interesting.
Beautiful story, I hope you get the time to finish it. I'm following.
Re: Temitope by ritababe(f): 12:29am On Jul 05, 2017
#following
Re: Temitope by demiladegold(f): 5:58am On Jul 05, 2017
makydee:
Beautiful story, I hope you get the time to finish it. I'm following.

Thanks dear.... Don't worry I'll finish it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Temitope by KingRex1(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2017
Following..
Been a while guys.. I sight u MidasTouche01 and demiladegold

2 Likes

Re: Temitope by demiladegold(f): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
CHAPTER ONE

JUMMY’S POV

She woke up that beautiful Thursday morning feeling very happy as she had just received a confirmation of appointment as an intern in a top accounting firm in Lagos the night before. We were the only two people at home as mom was in church with Dad who had been in church for almost a year now due to his sickness. We were barely done with the house chores when we heard the hawker outside

“e ra ogede o” she shouted at the top of her lungs so everyone could hear.

Hawking wasn’t really a common thing in our neighborhood and since we could never pass up on a chance to eat bananas (dad used to call us monkey bananas) she rushed out to buy the banana before the hawker left while I finished the chore I was doing.

She came back inside and it turned out the hawker was also selling groundnuts- banana and groundnut, perfect combination. We ate the bananas and when it remained one we started struggling for the last piece. Somehow, she managed to grab the last piece and made to run away with it, I started chasing her and we were running around the compound like kids until she peeled the banana while running and managed to put the whole thing in her mouth making me lose interest in the chase.

We made breakfast, ate and after eating, I prepared to start working as I am a freelance writer and she settled to watch a movie when she started complaining of stomach pain. At first, we thought it was going to go way after she had taken some drugs from a chemist nearby but the pain refused to subside so I called mom and we told her what was wrong. Mom was very worried and told us to start coming to church right away as the church had a hospital and she could be attended to properly there and if it was a spiritual attack it would be dealt with in church. (well, she’s an African what do you expect?).

After the call, we both took our bath and headed for church.

“my phone has spoilt and now I have nothing to use” I said to no one in particular. Since everyone was seated right there in the sitting room, it was important they all hear my complaint since I knew at least one person would pity me and come to my aid.

I was home for the Easter break as I was doing pre-degree at the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University. A school where Temmy had also done pre-degree, gotten admission and was graduating from in few months.

“what happened to your phone?” temmy asked me looking at me suspiciously since I had been complaining about wanting a new phone before the present one got spoilt. So, I’m sure in her mind she was thinking that I spoilt the phone on purpose.

“I don’t know. It just started acting up” I said with a face that I was sure would make everyone pity me.

“God will help you o” she said and I squeezed my face because I had expected more sympathy from her and since she was always the one so concerned about my needs after Mom, he reaction wasn’t helping at all. If she was reacting like that, how will others react. For one thing, Mom wasn’t at home, she was with Dad in the church and even if she was home she wouldn’t listen to me if I told her to buy me a phone. My eldest sister Jummy, I wasn’t so sure she would come to my aid and I wasn’t positive about our first born-my Brother either.

“shebi it is somebody God will send to help me”

“go and bring it let me see” Jummy said and I was dancing inside as I was surprised to get any reaction from her at all and her telling me to go bring it for her to see was a good thing so I rushed into the room to go bring the phone for her to see.

“so, you have succeeded in destroying this phone abi? Eku ise ma. When are you going back to school?”

“I did not do anything to it o, it just spoilt by itself. I’m going back next week Sunday”

“iwo lo mo. I will see what I will do about it before you leave. Maybe I will give you this one I’m using since I’m planning on buying a new phone soon”

I was so happy, I had expected to do more work begging and persuading someone to get me a phone but it turned out to be very easy. So, I wasn’t even mad when Temmy wanted to pour sand in my garri.

“se wura le fe fun ni phone? She will soon lose it or spoil it. I can’t count how many phones I’ve given her in a year” she said eyeing me

“I will not spoil it joor I will be careful” I said with determination and immediately left the room before Jummy change her mind.

True to her word, Jummy gave me her current phone when I was leaving on Sunday even when she hadn’t bought a new phone for herself. I left for school and was showing off my phone as it was one of the phones in vogue then.

On Monday, I went to school and since there was no light in the hostel, I took my charger to school to charge. By the time lectures were over and I was ready to go home my battery was not full. Luckily for me, I saw my roommate plugging in her phone as her next lecture was in the same lecture theatre, I asked her to help bring my phone when coming back and she promised to do just that.

In the evening, I saw my roommate and asked her for my phone only for her to tell me that she forgot. I don’t know how I managed to control my anger that day as I was very mad. I ran like a mad woman to the lecture theater and guess what? I found nothing. No trace of my phone or charger. There was no sim card in it yet because it required a micro sim and I hadn’t cut my sim yet. I went everywhere looking for it, nothing. Not even the security guys had seen it.

I felt like crying. What would I tell my sisters? Temmy would be extremely mad at me because she warned me to be careful and not let even a scratch happen to the phone but now I had done the exact opposite of what she told me.

After two days of futile search for the phone, I summoned courage and told Temmy what happened and as expected she was so mad at me.

“ki lo ma n se e na? o ti se ere pa so phone nu abi?. You know she gave you that phone and it made her phoneless and in three days you lost the phone. Look for that phone and don’t talk to me until you do”

I tried to defend myself but she wouldn’t listen and insisted I shouldn’t talk to her. If only I knew that would be our last conversation, maybe I wouldn’t have listened to her and not talk to her because I was scared. I would have kept disturbing her everyday till she forgave me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Temitope by demiladegold(f): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
hi guys, i'm sorry i took this long to update, i was a bit busy but i promise to make it worth your while and update frequently this weekend.. and i apologize to those who doesn't understand Yoruba, this is a true life story so i'm trying to make it as detailed as possible, hence, the use Yoruba. if you want me to translate anything, i would be more than glad to
Re: Temitope by Missmossy(f): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
Such an emotional story, take heart embarassed and stay strong. Following with keen interest. Kudos.

(1) (Reply)

The Hidden Oracle (the Trials Of Apollo #1)author:rick Riordan / My Worst Nightmare – EPISODE 1 / Story Time: “she Planted A Kiss On His Lips, They Kiss For About Two Minutes” (A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.