Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? (12696 Views)

How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2017
Owo ni Koko..m u can do it if u have the money on ground..
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by august2224(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2017
OP, it can be done but be ready to spend some money to mk both programmes run smoothly. u cant do all assignments, tests, seminar presentations, etc, in addition to ur business or work at the same time. u wil hav to sort some persons to cover ur lapses.
I am wondering however why u should opt for both a BSc and and HND: i do not see any immediate benefits attached to such a venture. HND holders are discriminated against in d work place so why do it? a frend of mine wit HND n accounting in accounting, working in a bank went for a BSc in accounting and i was like, bro why do it since u already have it? his answer was bro, u wont understand. we are greatly discriminated against on d basis of degree and in d event of job loss, we will b d first to be pulled down. thats food for thought
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by manikspears: 7:38am On Jul 05, 2017
Do you want to kill yourself, nothing is impossible but its not worth it ,post graduate is still there o.but if you want to test your tolerance to frustration go ahead.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by ahmodu4real(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2017
My secondary school mate did the same HND in YabaTech Bsc in Unilag both full time dow the guy head dey catch fire shaa because he is gifted when he comes to book. He is through with his HND this year Next year he will be through with his Bsc.

2 Likes

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by madenigga2dcore(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2017
Maybe age is not on his side
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by 88natzy(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2017
Its possible with God and perseverance.
It seems your kingsmen tore someone's credentials and made it your point of duty to replace them. undecided
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:
Good day guys. I'd like to hear what you have to say about this issue.

I and some of my friends already acquired a National Diploma (ND) from a reputable polytechnic in the northern part of Nigeria.
In a bid to further our education, we are thinking of persuing a Bsc. and HND respectively at the same time. For instance, i'm thinking of Bsc. in Economics or any other relevant social science courses and an HND in Business Administration.

The B.sc will be on a full time basis while the HND will be on part-time(i.e weekends). Our thoughts however is that whichever university we gain admission into through Direct-Entry, we'll also apply for a polytechnic in the same state.

I don't know if it has ever be done before. For those in the academia, we would like to hear your opinion if it is advisable to carryon or have a rethink.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Thank you.

If i discovered nairaland before i started the useless venture called higher education, i'd av been a multi millionaire today. Dear op, take my advice. Turn your steering and face the direction of skills acquisition. You'd be grateful you did.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by bellotaofeek: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2017
With this level of unemployment ? Why can't you face one and learn hand work grin ?
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by madenigga2dcore(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2017
Funny part is DAT ull use only one @a time, probably the B.sc, why not devotefully make one stand out rather than divide urself into two which may make it less qualified? Abi u no get other engagement or extracurriculars?
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by bellotaofeek: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2017
88natzy:
Its possible with God and perseverance.
It seems your kingsmen tore someone's credentials and made it your point of duty to replace them. undecided

I am wondering too
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2017
You can do it if you have the funds and can properly plan your schedule so the classes/exams do not clash.
I ran Diploma and B.Eng at the same time but in one University.

My cousin ran HND in Delta and B.Eng in Benin, still don't know how he did it.

Honestly, it's not worth it.
Do one and move on with your life.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by felixeze(m): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2017
Bros no worry yourself. Just use your time and money on one. Do D.E and focus on that alone. I got my HND and B.Eng but nobody cares. In my workplace, we've got people with masters from international schools still nobody cares. People without any degree gets bigger salary because of what they can do. So, what you can do matters more not the number of certificates. Try and acquire skills and forget about stressing yourself say u wan do double program. I don't know if this country will ever be good.

1 Like

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by bunmmy5: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2017
What you need to understand his both academic and economic benefit of having Hnd and Bsc at the same time. The answer is same. So only a fool will go higher and come lower at the same time. Currently Bsc and Hnd are almost equivanlent. What I can only advise you is to go for your Bsc and comes out with good grade then pursue your masters program rather than wasting resource that u can use to support another man's education. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by benzems(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2017
opedaydydx9:
Suicide mission Bro, abort,!!!

let him try this first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlxnPzUf9to
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by benzems(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2017
Run only degree
It covers both with good result
otherwise you are looking for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlxnPzUf9to
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by ismailibnbashir: 8:01am On Jul 05, 2017
plz my fellow nairalanders I need ur assistance and advice am a student in Usman Dan fodio university sokoto am studying agriculture in d university but d problem is when we reach level 300 in sch DAT is d tym we are going to decide whc department ar we going to choose under the seven department DAT ar under faculty of agriculture but am naw confuse on whc department I should choose between crop science and animal science coz I don't want a situation when I graduate I will be roaming about before I secure a job plz my fellower nairalanders I will lyk d reasonable ones and dos DAT have more experience to give me an advice and put me through on whc department I should choose and d most paying one between d two when it comes to both public and private sector.
plz mod I will be very happy if u can epp me move did to front page seun lalasticlala I really need ur to epp me move dis topic to front page tanks
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by EGUNSOLA14: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2017
One of My friend whom we did ond together did the same in jos.he did nursing at university and pest and pest control at poly with an outstanding record of second class and distinction respectively. not only this was is commitment during that time but was also a full time pastor over a church as well as the president of all the yoruba student at the uni. Meaning that with God all things are possible.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by jelil01: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2017
miketayo:
The north has reputable polytechnic?
shey kadpoly dey enugu??
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by mojicsibro2(m): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2017
you can, but he no fit make you blow oo. if naa Watin u dey think be that. baba our president naa primary school holder, most of our senators naa ND holders oo. The richest and successful people for the world no graduate oo.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by jelil01: 8:07am On Jul 05, 2017
EGUNSOLA14:
One of My friend whom we did ond together did the same in jos.he did nursing at university and pest and pest control at poly with an outstanding record of second class and distinction respectively. not only this was is commitment during that time but was also a full time pastor over a church as well as the president of all the yoruba student at the uni. Meaning that with God all things are possible.
its in d blood of yoruba.... We too knw book.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by kayo80(m): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2017
My friend did it back when i was in school (2004-2006)...unilag/laspotech. I thought he was crazy but he pulled it up. I remember driving at full speed to drop him off for an exam in laspotech after we had just finished one in unilag.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Psalmwhyte(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

I and some of my friends already acquired a National Diploma (ND) from a reputable polytechnic in the northern part of Nigeria.
In a bid to further our education, we are thinking of persuing a Bsc. and HND respectively at the same time. For instance, i'm thinking of Bsc. in Economics or any other relevant social science courses and an HND in Business Administration.

The B.sc will be on a full time basis while the HND will be on part-time(i.e weekends). Our thoughts however is that whichever university we gain admission into through Direct-Entry, we'll also apply for a polytechnic in the same state.

I don't know if it has ever be done before. For those in the academia, we would like to hear your opinion if it is advisable to carryon or have a rethink.

Thank you.

Bro wat is all dis mad rush all about, Bsc & HND?
Haba! Haba!!
Wat do u need Bsc & HND for?
I'm not tryin 2 discourage u but u hav 2 take ''One Step Per Time''.
...Vanity upon vanity all is vanity without GOD...
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by folarinbae2016(f): 8:19am On Jul 05, 2017
itz very possible.. jst dat u av to knw if the two skuls xam dnt collide wit each other... I av a frnd dats is running both in d same state..
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 05, 2017
Of what essence do you think that will be? HND is shit face your B. SC. Nobody gives a duck about HND. I earn 100% more than my HND colleagues. The discrimination is real on the field yo. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Naijaaccountwiz: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Thank you.
It can be done, you'll however make a lot of sacrifice. I know someone who did it and succeeded today he is working abroad. Arch in Nekede and Compute Eng in Futo
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by dandollar1: 8:27am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Thank you.
There is nothing impossible under the sun.
I had a very close pal that was running B.Tech in an Engineering course in one of the university of technology , and B.Sc in Economics in OAU at the same time.
He came out with a 2.1 in both courses.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Hier(m): 8:46am On Jul 05, 2017
Hmmmmm, very tricky, BSc and MSc,

first of all, you need a BSc certificate to obtain MSc

secondly, you can't be admitted twice into a university

thirdly, you can't split yourself

Well, if you take part time in MSc, lemme see, Msc is not really tasking in term of classes. But BSc could give impromptu test and attendance which has great effect on your grades and like someone said, if the exam clashes, big problem.

But, if you really mean biz, check out schools with different calendars, such as when one is having test and exam, the other are either on holiday or just resuming and in that sequence, that would be the only possibility on this one

Yea, its good to serve God with all your heart, with all your soul and with your strength. Jesus saves. Thanks
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Hier(m): 8:52am On Jul 05, 2017
ismailibnbashir:
plz my fellow nairalanders I need ur assistance and advice am a student in Usman Dan fodio university sokoto am studying agriculture in d university but d problem is when we reach level 300 in sch DAT is d tym we are going to decide whc department ar we going to choose under the seven department DAT ar under faculty of agriculture but am naw confuse on whc department I should choose between crop science and animal science coz I don't want a situation when I graduate I will be roaming about before I secure a job plz my fellower nairalanders I will lyk d reasonable ones and dos DAT have more experience to give me an advice and put me through on whc department I should choose and d most paying one between d two when it comes to both public and private sector.
plz mod I will be very happy if u can epp me move did to front page seun lalasticlala I really need ur to epp me move dis topic to front page tanks

Well, God would always direct us on what to do. If we spend more time praying and waiting on God

If I were you, crop would be most preferred, why not create a topic, cause they don't move comments to FP
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by aroj05: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2017
@Op, it's very possible but like some peeps ve said, it involves money, brain and pray the exams don't clash. I actually did B.Sc. Economics and HND Accountancy and I was able to use my HND for ICAN exemptions. But you have to be serious oooo.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by sekem: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2017
ednut1:
After Indians na we like book pass. He beta face his bsc. Having bsc nd hnd gives no advantage.

Exactly

Buh i think our own even worse pass becos we no really like book as in like knowledge

Na jus to get certificate with the hope of getting a good job

Indians like book and you can see the result in their technological growth

Our people love certificates and you can see one of them here asking about how to grab two at the same time grin grin grin
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by joenor(m): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2017
Nice one though, but thinking about the stress your brain will go tru, beside you don't know the school curriculum yet, if both school has test on same day or maybe a day difference, how can you coupe? like some guy say< suicide mission abort
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by mokset123: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2017
One word not possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Ican Success Story---godfrey Ebimobowei / OAU Takes The First Position In Bamidele Aturu Inaugural Debate / Lagos To Shut Schools Where Pupils Are Defiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.