Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) (1830 Views)

7 Reasons Why Most Ladies With Average Physical Beauty Are Better / Parents, Here Are 7 Reasons You Shouldn’t Rely On Your Child’s School Result / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 8:43am On Jul 05, 2017
I’m giving up!

I can’t see any result yet

My challenges overwhelm me.It’s getting the better part of me and I already feel like a failure right now.

Can you relate to either of them or all? I want you to know that you are not alone. Everyone feels and experiences it.

Life challenges suck!

It makes us question ourselves, our capacity and leaves room for self-doubt to creep in. And in such moment, we get drained of our mental strength. We can’t continue again. This leaves us no choice than to give up.

But hold on, why should you give up?

Here, let me give you reasons why you should hang in there and never ever give up.

7 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP

1.YOU ARE ALIVE; THIS IS HOPE

You are reading this post right now. It means you are alive. It’s a plus and the most important reason for not giving up. There is hope for a life that’s still breathing, even a living dog is better than a dead lion. You have lots of opportunities. Opportunity to make your dream happen, be who you want to be, another chance to sit down and come up with another plan to start again. Now smarter.

It’s only those who are alive get such chance. Not the dead. When you don’t succeed the first time, you can try again. Your breakthrough might be next door. Giving up is not an option if you are alive.

2.EVERYONE PASSES THROUGH LIFE CHALLENGES

The adversity of life is not peculiar to you. Everyone goes through the ups and downs of life.

Why is this so?

Life is not a smooth ride. There are road blocks and bumps here and there. Because you live on this planet called earth, you will face challenges. Everyone.

The more you understand this about life, the easier it will be to brace yourself up and handle challenges when they show up on your doorstep.

3.YOU OWE IT TO YOUR DREAMS

The ‘you’ within you have a dream. A dream that can only find expression outside.

I watched a young woman on TV two days ago. She came for an audition. The voice Nigeria. The host interviewed her before she went up to sing.There, she told the host she’s been on 20 auditions. The voice Nigeria is her 21st audition. She hasn’t given up. She won’t. Yeah, she told the host so. It has been her dream to become an artist and this might be the platform to help launch her dreams.

And you know what?

She sang so well that she got picked by one of the judges.

Ok.while yours might not be to become a singer, you do have a dream waiting to be birthed. Give yourself that joy of pursuing it and make it a reality. Nobody said it will be easy and effortless. Don’t deny yourself the fulfillment that comes with making your dream happen. When you live your dreams, you live life without regrets.

4.NOBODY HAS GOT IT ALL

Do you know everything?

You don’t. I don’t. No one knows it all. It is only human that we can’t figure everything out. Your challenges do not make you less human. We are bound to make mistakes, as we look for solutions to our problems. It does not make you less human. When you fail or don’t get it right, don’t give up. Pick yourself up, try again. There is no hard or fast rule about how many times one can fail.

It’s OK to admit not to know all. It’s OK to admit a fall. But they are not a reason to give up when we face them. They are only events, the result of a strategy that will not work. A fall, a mistake doesn’t define you. Rise up and move forward. Launch out again, now armed with tested strategies and the ones untested.

5.NO LESSON OR EXPERIENCE TO GAIN

Life is a teacher; the more you live, the more you learn. Adversities are great teachers for life. If you give up on your dreams, how will you grow?

Thomas Edison, the inventor of the light bulb, failed many times before he got a breakthrough. His friend who went down to Thomas’s laboratory to see him asked him this question:

“Isn’t it a shame that with the tremendous amount of work done you haven’t been able to get any results?’’ Thomas replied him, “Results! Why, man, I have gotten lots of results! I know several thousand things that won’t work!”

If he had given up on his project, he wouldn’t have become successful. And even had to know a thousand things that will never work.

We grow through trial and error. Keep trying, but never give up. Your next attempt might be the key to your breakthrough.

6. THE STRONGER THE WIND; THE STRONGER THE TREE

What doesn’t kill you will make you strong. A verse from the Bible says, “If you fall in the days of adversity, how small is your strength. Life challenges make you strong. It exposes you to the inner strength you never knew you have. I can tell you that you become open to possibilities to help you overcome the challenge. You learn how to use life challenges to make yourself better.Here is a helpful post on how to fail and succeed

People are not able to get a grip on challenges because of how they perceive setback and failure. When you develop the right attitude towards challenges, you stop seeing them as one. Rather you start to see it as a strength booster. To make sure you don’t get discouraged and give up, when you face challenges, ask yourself these questions:

What can I learn from this challenge? How will I grow from it?

This will put you in a positive state. And a positive mind will make you embrace your challenge, seeing it as a learning tool.

7.YOU ARE THE ANSWER TO SOMEONE'S PROBLEM

Have you for a moment thought that without your contribution or story, someone out there will be missing out?

If you’ve not heard it elsewhere then here it now, you are the answer to someone’s problem.The world will care if you give up. Yes, you didn’t give them the solution you have inside of you to cure the world of what ails it.

Do not for a moment think that you are here to fill a space on earth. You are here to contribute your own quota to make the world a better place.To tell your own story as a source of inspiration.Thomas Edison never gave up and today he’s a source of inspiration to many lives. Look around. There are needs. People are looking to find comfort and inspiration. No matter how little, your contribution will speak volume.

You have what it takes to help someone out there. That God-given gift seats inside, waiting to be unleashed.

A whole lot of people have been there before you. They were courageous and stood their ground. They kept showing up till they became a success in their different field.

See..

Check out these inspirational quotes which will inspire and encourage you to never give up.Great minds have written them. They have been there before, but they never gave up.You can also be like them too.Here we go

Inspirational quotes encouraging you never to give up

“Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does no one else “_unknown

“Winners never quit and quitters never win.”_Vince Lombardi

“Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.”_Roy T.Bennett

“Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful. “_Zig Ziglar

“When you feel like giving up, remember you held on for so long in the first place.”_ Unknown

“There is no failure except in no longer trying.” _Elbert Hubbard

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” _Thomas Edison

“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” _Thomas Edison

“Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. ”_Conrad Hilton

“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying and never stop learnings.” _Roy T. Bennett

“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” _F.Scott Fitzgerald

SUMMING IT UP

Today,make the choice to keep trying because you are stronger than you think and still alive.Everyone has their own share of life challenges.Challenges are not there to break you but to build you up.See them as opportunities to grow.You are not here on earth by mistake.You are here to fulfill a purpose.The world awaits you.

Source:http://janeygeoinspires.worpress.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by ExpensiveG: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2017
Nice one OP..... grin

FTC~ To all dos people out der dat want to give up on life, No even try em at all cry. Go HOSPITAL make you see people dat are looking for dat life wey you get.

****My people talk say :NDIDI KA MA

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2017
ExpensiveG:
Nice one OP..... grin

FTC~ To all dos people out der dat want to give up on life, No even try em at all cry. Go HOSPITAL make you see people dat are looking for dat life wey you get.

****My people talk say :NDIDI KA MA

You did occupied the land you bought here,sharpaly.Anyways,patience is a must-have virtue in the journey of life.Many have given up at the verge of their breakthrough,while others have dabbled into situations that have turned their lives from bad to worse.Giving up is never an option.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2017
Techpanda,come in here.Come and collect ya Happy New Month from me.Hope you ain't already giving up on me wishing you one!
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Benbisco(f): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2017
Nice write up. Thanks, OP, for sharing.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2017
Benbisco:
Nice write up. Thanks, OP, for sharing.

My pleasure,dear.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by TechPanda(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Janeyinspires:
Techpanda,come in here.Come and collect ya Happy New Month from me.Hope you ain't already giving up on me wishing you one!

Awww.

In Wizkid's Voice - Come Closer (and Get A Hug)

Honestly, I've Been Refreshing My Mention Hoping To See Your Moniker. Heheh

Am Happy Seeing It Now. Happy New month Dear, wishing you all the goodies this month and year brings.

So, Hows The Ministry Going? grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
TechPanda:

Awww.

In Wizkid's Voice - Come Closer (and Get A Hug)

Honestly, I've Been Refreshing My Mention Hoping To See Your Moniker. Heheh

Am Happy Seeing It Now. Happy New month Dear, wishing you all the goodies this month and year brings.

So, Hows The Ministry Going? grin

Lol.Tnx dear

The ministry is growing by leaps and bound.Will soon move to the permanent site.

Howz ya ministry doing?
Coming over to visit, one of these dayz.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by TechPanda(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
Janeyinspires:

Lol.Tnx dear

The ministry is growing by leaps and bound.Will soon move to the permanent site.

Howz ya ministry doing?
Coming over to visit, one of these dayz.

Confirm!

Ministry Has Been Challanging Oh, But Its Too Late To Give Up.

grin You're Always Welcome Coming Over.

Have Been Reading Your Blog (most Especially Last Week)

Made A Comment Or Two, But The Browser On This My Yeye Java Phone grin Keeps Reloading The Comments Away.

I think its better i Use My pc When Making Comments.

Keep Pushing Girl.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 7:34am On Jul 06, 2017
TechPanda:

Confirm!

Ministry Has Been Challanging Oh, But Its Too Late To Give Up.

grin You're Always Welcome Coming Over.

Have Been Reading Your Blog (most Especially Last Week)

Made A Comment Or Two, But The Browser On This My Yeye Java Phone grin Keeps Reloading The Comments Away.

I think its better i Use My pc When Making Comments.

Keep Pushing Girl.

Yeah.Challenge is just a phase.It's a learning on the job,you know.After the rain,the sun shines.

Keep pushing dear.One of the things I've learnt about life is this:

As long as you are moving,you are much better than someone who isn't moving.No matter how slow you move.Never ever give up.The world has no reward for people who give up.
P.S.Use your PC next time biko ooo.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by TechPanda(m): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2017
Janeyinspires:
P.S.Use your PC next time biko ooo.
cheesy Definitely
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Ginaz(f): 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
O.p thanks for this post. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by I888(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ginaz:
hmmmm.. let me see what we have here.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by I888(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ginaz:
cool stuff. Thanks for the lead.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ginaz:
Most welcome,dear.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
I888:
cool stuff. Thanks for the lead.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
TechPanda:

cheesy Definitely

cheesycheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
TechPanda:

cheesy Definitely
Alright then cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
TechPanda:

cheesy Definitely

I almost gave up buh after reading this post of mine,I'm alive again and showing up too.Never knew one day,I'll come to my post to draw some inspirations.Almost as if someone was speaking to me.
Techpanda,you finally gave up on me.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by TechPanda(m): 8:13am On Oct 20, 2017
Janeyinspires:

I almost gave up buh after reading this post of mine,I'm alive again and showing up too.Never knew one day,I'll come to my post to draw some inspirations.Almost as if someone was speaking to me.
Techpanda,you finally gave up on me.

Smiles... I'll Pm You. Pls Send Me Your Number, Lets Talk On Phone.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by Janeyinspires(f): 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
TechPanda:

Smiles... I'll Pm You. Pls Send Me Your Number, Lets Talk On Phone.

Grinning.....owkai

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up(even When You Want To) by akaleb2015(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
Our fore fathers do not go to school but they give us the light of the elders gave us words of wisdom which says that the pot that would cook the family soup the back must be hot. by a lyrics or a line of a nigerian musician kwam 1 which says "oju eni ma la a ri to ...... ' oju eni ma la a ri iyonu ' ....." my own understanding about that lyrical song simply conotes no story no glory

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

More Ladies Upload Their Braless Selfie To Celebrate No Bra Day / How Can I Make My Wife To Be More Responsible As A Good Wife At Home / Do You Love Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.